Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Spideyweb thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Wow! Nice job, Spidey. I must especially commend you on your control in the Antara..right after the first line..where you come back to the cross line right after the ohhhohhhohh bit. There's almost no pause there to take a breath so that bit has got to be tricky to execute and you did that really well! 👏

This is such a foot-tapper, isn't it? I always dare people not to get up and dance or shake their heads when they hear this one!

Thanks a lot Lizzie! Love how you notice that lack of breathing time thing...that was indeed tough...but fun thing is i wasnt supposed to sing it...I had instructed the piano player at the start to just play the same tune between stanzas by singing it before him(which he played in starting also)..but as always i couldn't control and just listened to my heart/instincts n started with that ohhhhhh part(it comes at the beginning of the original song too), used falsetto too so not to put stain on the vocals(as i have performed live about 10 times- ima ble to decide on the spot when exactly to use falsetto- sometimes i do make error though)

because of this spontaneous ohhhhh part, piano player also adjusted his playing and did that really well...

After this performance there was some bald uncle(you must have seen at the end) shouting chaand mera dil - requesting me to sing that...i did sing it too but i dont have its video... hopefully i can take it from engagements video....if i find i will upload that also ...at the end of which musicians told me- sonu nigam k fan lagte ho!! I told him- or tum Atif k fan lagte ho 😆

95027 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Spideyweb

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4xcZvqCh-ic

This is so meaningful! Wow stuff! It reminds one of the fact that present moment is the only moment one must focus on💓

yeah song aur movie .. dono anmol hain… kya movie thaaa ye ;) …

aur one can only live in the present …… no matter what the past or what future lies ahead…. Fact of life hain :)

hence bhai….

When we all give the power

We all give the best

Every minute of an hour

Don't think about a rest

Then you all get the power

You all get the best

And everyone gives everything and every song

Everybody sings

Then it's life

Live is life

Live

Live is life

https://youtu.be/Q6CX6J3uwWI

:).. sorry — hindi thread mein English gaaaana lizzie but this made so much sense to post here..…..😭

Spideyweb thumbnail

Originally posted by: KJasoosChulbulP

yeah song aur movie .. dono anmol hain… kya movie thaaa ye ;) …

aur one can only live in the present …… no matter what the past or what future lies ahead…. Fact of life hain :)

hence bhai….

When we all give the power

We all give the best

Every minute of an hour

Don't think about a rest

Then you all get the power

You all get the best

And everyone gives everything and every song

Everybody sings

Then it's life

Live is life

Live

Live is life

https://youtu.be/Q6CX6J3uwWI

:).. sorry — hindi thread mein English gaaaana lizzie but this made so much sense to post here..…..😭

Exactly bro! Present moment is all you ever have..Rest is a mere illusion or disposable stuff good to be thrown in the dustbin!

we have a temporary time on this planet and to dissipate it on worthless things will be ludicrous!

To wit, embrace the present moment 🤗🫂

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Lizzie's song of the day

Song: Bade armaanon se rakha hai balam

Film: Malhaar (1951)

Music: Roshan

Lyrics: Indeevar

Singers: Lata & Mukesh

Actors: Shammi & Arjun Bakshi

Why I like this song: The lilting melody by Roshan . It feels simple but is actually quite complex. The lyrics by Indeevar are really good too. This entire album is quite good, I would recommend it. My dad owned a cassette tape of it back in the day and I would listen to it on loop.

It's criminal how under-recognized Roshan was then even with musical ability like this! 🤢 It took him years to establish himself until 1960 and Barsaat Ki Raat I'm guessing. The same goes for Indeevar. The popular ones - OPN, Naushad, SJ, SDB dominated the scene so much that these MDs (no less talented) were overlooked. Such a shame. We could have gotten a lot more music out of Roshan! 🤢

Also, this was the first (& only) film produced by Mukesh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shjfQSqswDU

Edited by LizzieBennet - 1 years ago
Spideyweb thumbnail

Leaving everything aside, i have become a fan of asha parekh after watching this 😍

https://youtu.be/lTgbq5vXJD8

Spideyweb thumbnail
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Lizzie's song of the day

Song: Chanda re ja re ja re

Film: Ziddi (1948)

Music: Khemchand Prakash

Lyrics: Prem Dhawan

Singer: Lata Mangeshkar

Actor: Kamini Kaushal

Why I like this song: I had no idea this was an actual song.. I've known Kishore Kumar's parody of it from 'Ek chatur naar' from Padosan for years 😆. Then YT suddenly threw this at me (should've known cos he parodies so many songs 😆) and it's just so sweet. Lata's voice is dulcet and just so lovely ..like a bird singing in spring . Beautiful composition!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-7NJ1lWZAE

Edited by LizzieBennet - 1 years ago
anonymouse1 thumbnail
Engager 1 Thumbnail Expressionist (February 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7
Spideyweb thumbnail

It comes daily on rafis radio on our local cable! His songs are like medicine 💊

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

This song is yet another reminder of how much Rafi’s voice suited Dev’s on screen persona. I know he switched loyalities to Kishore Kumar in the later years believing that he sounded more ‘youthful’ or whatever his reasons were, but to me- Rafi-Dev-SDB was a killer combo! No one comes close to beating it! ⭐️