Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-INAAYAT- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: midniteangel

I view it as d chameleon effect. Murtu has unconsciously picked up meeru's expressions n mannerisms and has started mimicking it. Goes to show that murtu n meeru have spent considerable time together n it resulted in murtu unintentionally mimicking her 🀭🀭

That's there! They sound cuter when you put it that way. These two also share some common traits, hence the push and pull. Also, the fact that inki angrezi ek doosre ke saamne hi bahar aati hai 🀣

Originally posted by: -INAAYAT-

Anjali from Everest was a strong female character.

Captain Ananya from Airlines was a strong female character

Originally posted by: Aquabutterfly

They blocked the new episodes in Canada 😭

Geo needs to solve this matter asap

Aquabutterfly thumbnail

Originally posted by: NINALOGY

Geo needs to solve this matter asap

Eh doesn't really matter. Other channels uploaded those episodes too πŸ˜†

spnfan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Most Posts (July 2022) 1 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Winterberry

Which is the fictional female character whom you found well written and strong willed .

I always found Kashaf Murtaza as well written character. She is eternal pessimist but still she didn’t sit and cry but went ahead in life and achieved her goals and in between landed up Zaroon also.

Next dunno how many of you know but Priya from Saans ( potrayed so gracefully by neem Gupta) is one of best female char I hve seen, how she handles her husband infidelity, picks up her life with head high and walks away and starts afresh !

Kasaf is definitely among the top female characters for me. She is strong but real as well. She has negativity inside her and has insecurities but she is a fighter. That's what I like about her.

Also like the female characters in udaari.

I don't know how many of you have seen the Korean drama flower of evil (it has an Indian webseries adaptation called duranga on zee5 with dristi dhami). The female lead in FOE is amazing. She is a detective. She is amazing at her job and is a wonderful wife and a mother. She is the one that works outside whereas her husband is more like the house husband. He has a shop right down their apartment but he is the one that cooks, gets the daughter ready and take her to school but she never once took him for granted. Almost all dramas/movies i have seen with women being the working one they show her either to be the dominating one or the husband to be useless or is ignorant towards the child. But that's not the case in FOE. The husband has secrets and i liked the way she handled everything after knowing all the secrets. Even though the father is the more present one in the kid's life, she was never an absent mother. When the couples get separated for a brief time the kid actually choose to stay with her mother than the father. She in everyway was a mentally strong badass female lead. Since she is a detective she surely can kick asses and she does that as well. At the starting she is shown to be very soft and caring that we think how she is a detective ( in Korea police officers are called detectives) but if anyone messed with her she shows her more fiery side and hit the shit out of that person. Her relationship with her colleagues are also amazing. She is the only female in the team and is well respected by all her male colleagues. They are like family.

Then the FL from kdrama red sleeve was also amazing. It's based on a real love story between a Korean king and his court lady. She had the audacity and guts to reject the king's proposal to be his concubine(court ladies cannot be queen) for more than 10yrs. It can be considered to be an unforgivable sin during that time. A woman of that time needs to be extraordinarily strong to reject the king multiple times and that happened for real. Its not fictional.

The female leads from kaise yeh yaariyan and ek duje ke vaaste were pretty well written for a Hindi serial female leads. Kyy managed to not break the characterisation of it's lead for as long as possible and they might be the only leads that didn't separate due to some silly misunderstanding or a 3rd person. For a 17-18yr old nandini murty was a pretty strong character. She stood up for what's right and wasn't judgemental towards the lifestyle of other girls even though she came from a small town. Hindi/pak dramas have this thing were the more sanskari good girl FL looks down on modern rich girls for not being cultured enough or for their lifestyle but nandini was never shown like that.

Suman from edkv was also a good character. The way she is different at home and at her workplace was very relatable. Since she is an orphan and lives with her relatives she always felt the need to over compensate and be submissive but at work she is very bindas and strong. She is also flawed.

Edited by spnfan - 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Sera-high123

Wasn't Zindagi Gulzar Hai on Netflix a year ago. They have removed the OST after the reupload on YT. Huge chances that they gave the OST rights solely to Netflix.

Yeah might be possible

Gundamwing thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Winterberry

I came to know SH thanks to TB.

But what I don’t get is are they critics or reviewers? Because Amma keeps doing this pendulum giri between take me serious and then the trash talk.

Hassan is what actually makes it more watchable he is here to uphold the entertainment aspect just like us but gives his interpretation also not going deep into logic , and calling out silly aspects .

It’s not like they are taking about Nolan movie about worm hole and time travel.

Copied from wiki:

Film criticism differs from movie reviews in several ways: it entails both analysis and judgement; it may be published many years after a film is released; it is usually longer and more complex than a movie review. A movie review documents the critical reception of a film at its time of theatrical or dvd.

love story main objective is to carry emotion not logic always. Did the end of Romeo and Juliet carry logic, no but it is high literature considered one of the best love story of all time.

Some of the greatest love stories told won’t be too logical if you start dissecting who what why when. Like titanic move over rose so that jack can get on that log and didn’t have to freeze to death SELFISH.

One of the most romantic Tamil movies made in the last 30 years, i am Tamil btw, had the couple trying to run away to elope the whole movie only to end with the parents going should have just told us from the start, no logic did I just watch 2 idiots trying to run away for nothing. But anyways this is considered an epic love story.

Sorry I forgot to add to be a true critic you have to be objective, which they never are.

Edited by Gundamwing - 1 years ago
spnfan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Most Posts (July 2022) 1 Thumbnail + 6

Enola from enola Homes and Wednesday are the ones I can remember from western dramas. I also like Lu and nadia from elite. But due to cultural differences i find it hard to connect with western female leads. I like their badassness but i don't connect to them on an emotional level as I connect with Asian dramas.

The family values and social norms of Korean society is pretty similar to indian society and Koreans have done PhD when it comes to executing emotional scenes. I cry a bucket even in an emotional scene from a comedy drama. I cried while watching zombie movie train to busan.

midniteangel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Expressionist (March 2023) 1 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: -INAAYAT-

That's there! They sound cuter when you put it that way. These two also share some common traits, hence the push and pull. Also, the fact that inki angrezi ek doosre ke saamne hi bahar aati hai 🀣

Ying n Yan jaise

Angrezi mein bolkar bhi sirf ladte hain yeh dono 🀣

Mari_a thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Gundamwing

I won’t judge if the show is poorly written until the end. But so far it is not as bad as Amna makes it out to be. If you are comparing to a humsafar definitely not, but then nothing is.
in terms of performances this is top tier, in no scene do i feel they should have acted better.

Aamna is a fan of tere bin. She did say in one of the review that story is not ground breaking but show is extremely entertaining.