Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mari_a thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: spnfan

T-Series and yashraj copies after being legally safe and they cannot be sued. Most of the songs they copy they do it legally by buying the rights. I know Korean company SM entertainment sued a Telugu or kanada movie for copying their group exo's song without informing or buying copyrights. That song was taken down from YouTube. Recently tiger shroff copied a song from an exo member including the choreography and music video and had to take down that video due to SM suing them and the video was taken down from YouTube.

Big companies like T-Series or yashraj or Zee will have an army of legal team to make sure they are safe. Most movies that are scene to scene copy of Hollywood movies are official remakes that is they bought the rights legally and that's why bollywood don't get sued. One of the songs from the movie kantara is plagiarised from a Kerala band song and they have filed a case against the music director of that movie.

This is just so sad.🫠I am so attached with tere bin i wanted it to break all the records.😮‍💨
spnfan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Most Posts (July 2022) 1 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Alizba63

This is gross how zee did the copyright strike for a part of the music. They steal music content everyday. Like is any indian content original? I knew they'd do it the moment it trended at number 1 there. Very small hearted jealous folks. If Hollywood were to strike them maybe only 5 Bollywood film would be left. Such 3rd class act lol.

Also 7th sky is silly for not cross checking. I hope the issue resolves.

Bollywood don't mean Indian content and Indian film industry as a whole is the biggest film industry in the world in terms of the amount of movies it releases per year. So obviously majority of the content aren't copied from anywhere. So there are plenty of Indian content that are original than being copied. Talking about being inspired then a lot of recently successful pak dramas are inspired by Bollywood movies. Cheekh's resemblance to damini is uncanny, yeh dil mera has baazigar written all over it(which itself is a remake), danish-hiba serial is highly inspired by anjaam, tere bin itself reminded all of us of Gul Khan serials. Geo is even called starplus of Pakistan.

Are we even sure it's the ost that's the reason for the blocking?

Also tere bin is not the only pak drama to trend on YouTube. Ktk, mere Humsafar, khuda aur mohabbat 3 have more views than TB and trended in india. Nobody cared.

spnfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mari_y

This is just so sad.🫠I am so attached with tere bin i wanted it to break all the records.😮‍💨

Since Zee produces pak dramas for Zee5 they might have some problem with geo channel or the production house or someone working in tere bin. There will be something behind the scenes we are not aware of. Else i highly doubt a little similarity with the ost and the original song is the issue.

Gundamwing thumbnail

Are we sure Zee blocked the episodes because of the similarity between the songs or there is some other issue?

More than half the episodes are gone. I have a bad feeling if they do reupload they will cut the music, the mute horror will kill the whole show. Argghhhhhhhhhhhhh what will happen to the view count, every day delay they are losing money.

I know copyright laws are important it is business and not personal. We have to channel our anger somewhere who to blame. I am going to blame geo for this, after the first strike wouldn’t they have known zee is on their case so why weren’t they bloody prepared. And the same is true for Pakistan too everyone should protect their work. Karan Johar is the master of all copy cats he should be taken to the cleaners, we won’t defend him.
How expensive is it to get copyright, did Geo not want to spend the money or did they think zee will be nice guys. Yes that is what big businesses are known for playing fair, zee wants their cut they will get it by hook or by crook. In between us poor fans are suffering. I think both sides are looking bad in this. Zee for crashing the fans fun and geo for being sloppy.

Gundamwing thumbnail

Bollywood don't mean Indian content and Indian film industry as a whole is the biggest film industry in the world in terms of the amount of movies it releases per year. So obviously majority of the content aren't copied from anywhere. So there are plenty of Indian content that are original than being copied. Talking about being inspired then a lot of recently successful pak dramas are inspired by Bollywood movies. Cheekh's resemblance to damini is uncanny, yeh dil mera has baazigar written all over it(which itself is a remake), danish-hiba serial is highly inspired by anjaam, tere bin itself reminded all of us of Gul Khan serials. Geo is even called starplus of Pakistan.

Are we even sure it's the ost that's the reason for the blocking?

Also tere bin is not the only pak drama to trend on YouTube. Ktk, mere Humsafar, khuda aur mohabbat 3 have more views than TB and trended in india. Nobody cared.

Every love story is going to feel similar to another love story of the past. Realistically how many different ways are there to fall in love, every possible combination has already been done before.
yeh dil mera is not baazigar, revenge might be a common theme but everything else is different. But yes baazigar itself is a copy.

I don’t think tere bin is a copy of any gul khan show, I have seen her shows, the characters, setting, romance, motivations are unique to the flavour of Pakistan. Inspiration perhaps but that is every story. Haya is the only person I would say is a copy, see her character in every extra kapoor show.

Copy is when scene to scene is copied, dialogues are copied, characters even behave the same way.
But can we begrudge writers for using similar themes, if is all part of the human experience love, revenge, comedy, action that exists in any culture.

Forget Bollywood copying from others, we have a problem of copying internally from each other. If is just in the last decade people are paying attention to artistic integrity.

spnfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gundamwing

More than half the episodes are gone. I have a bad feeling if they do reupload they will cut the music, the mute horror will kill the whole show. Argghhhhhhhhhhhhh what will happen to the view count, every day delay they are losing money.

I know copyright laws are important it is business and not personal. We have to channel our anger somewhere who to blame. I am going to blame geo for this, after the first strike wouldn’t they have known zee is on their case so why weren’t they bloody prepared. And the same is true for Pakistan too everyone should protect their work. Karan Johar is the master of all copy cats he should be taken to the cleaners, we won’t defend him.
How expensive is it to get copyright, did Geo not want to spend the money or did they think zee will be nice guys. Yes that is what big businesses are known for playing fair, zee wants their cut they will get it by hook or by crook. In between us poor fans are suffering. I think both sides are looking bad in this. Zee for crashing the fans fun and geo for being sloppy.

Blame the musicians like Tony kakkad and badshah who copied and makes songs. Those guys should be banned forever. I am not very particularly fond of kjo but he is not the one making music. At maximum he can only say yes to the final product presented to him.

I think geo can easily fill another music in those scenes. It's not that hard to get a new song or a pak movie song. Don't geo produce movies? Just put one of the songs from that movie. Muting will only affect them further.

Except for having some similarities the ost and the original are not same to same. Don't almost all songs with qawali sound somewhat similar? I always found songs like rashke kamar and iq mulakat and songs in that line very similar to each other. That's why i am having doubt if the block was just due to the ost.

Are we sure Zee blocked the episodes because of the similarity between the songs or there is some other issue?

But episodes are there na

spnfan thumbnail

Every love story is going to feel similar to another love story of the past. Realistically how many different ways are there to fall in love, every possible combination has already been done before.
yeh dil mera is not baazigar, revenge might be a common theme but everything else is different. But yes baazigar itself is a copy.

I don’t think tere bin is a copy of any gul khan show, I have seen her shows, the characters, setting, romance, motivations are unique to the flavour of Pakistan. Inspiration perhaps but that is every story. Haya is the only person I would say is a copy, see her character in every extra kapoor show.

Copy is when scene to scene is copied, dialogues are copied, characters even behave the same way.
But can we begrudge writers for using similar themes, if is all part of the human experience love, revenge, comedy, action that exists in any culture.

Forget Bollywood copying from others, we have a problem of copying internally from each other. If is just in the last decade people are paying attention to artistic integrity.

Not just the revenge theme. Ahad's character intentionally befriending sajal solely to get close to her father and then enters his business through her and the backstory of killing his parents and little sister. There is too much similarities. Also even though baazigar is inspired by a novel and a movie inspired by the novel, the whole backstory of srk is original and he is more of an anti-hero than a villain which was not the case for the original source material. The character of srk in the original source material was just a gold digger who wanted to uplift his social status by getting married into a rich household. It wasn't a revenge drama. More like a thriller.

Copy doesn't necessarily mean scene to scene copy. They can just take the outline of the source material and then add Desi tadka to it. Like how the different versions of manichitrathazu( bhool bhulaiyaa) is made. All the versions made changes to the original according to the taste of their audience and their culture.

how is that a solution, ost is part of the flavour of the show. Re-editing the show without the song would damage and change the emotional impact of the scenes.

Hopefully geo will handle this issue sensibly

Gundamwing thumbnail

I switched off the moment she blamed meerab as the root cause of the accident. Haasan was on point. Amna brings back the panchayat as a valid argument fo him to be pissed off, why was he pissed off to begin with because his wife disrespected him. Meerab didn't come to panchayat intending to disrespect him, she only stood up for a woman who came to her repeatedly pleading to help her. It would have been humiliating for him if she stood there stomping her feet, she walked away once Naila decided, she didn't stand there trying to convince Naila to change her mind, she gracefully walked away and only confronted Naila in private.

Imagine if Meerab had said sorry sister my lord husband has commanded me to obey him so just accept it, she would have become a hypocrite and we would criticize her for being a coward. It was Murtasim ego that triggered the whole incident, it was he that gave Meerab no choice.

Why does everyone keep forgetting that Murtasim praised Meerab for always standing up for the truth, being brave and strong. He didn't say I admire these qualities in you just don't use them against me. If he so much loves his wife then he should accept that her truth can also hit him in the face.

Amna the feminist, lets blame the woman for a man's mistake. Also in the car she was very reasonable trying to explain clearly why she did what she did, it wasn't personal, and even begged him to slow down. Does he listen Noooooooo.

I like Murtasim but dont throw my girl under the bus. Yes she does other wrong things, I don't like her shoving him all the time, and using certain words. But when she is right she is right.

Edited by Gundamwing - 1 years ago