dershika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

This was superb part

Poor arjun

Seems would be an amazing story

Plz pm the update too

Ana2607 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

ariya_ash thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Heya! I know, I know I did it again. Disappeared again. Here's me uploading part 2 at 2 in the dead of the night,after writing reports on psychological tests we've conducted over the semester. Things are kinda crazy in my life right now so bear with me. Part 3 will be uploaded soonish (fingers crossed).

CHAP 2

Arjun lay in his hospital bed, staring rather absently at the dull white ceiling. It was past midnight and silence reigned save for the regular beeps and whirring of the machinery. Arjun didn’t know if the silence was a welcome; whether this dreadful quiet let him think properly or was it dragging him to the doom of his sanity.

As soon as everyone left, Arjun fell back on his bed,his mind going haywire. It traversed a path down the memory lane and brought up memories that were once upon a time so beautiful but were hurting him now.

Arjun didn’t want to think of anything that had gone down today. Not any part of it. None of it. Even if hunting and ending Sikandar was his biggest goal in life and he had accomplished it, the outcome was certainly not in his favour. Finding that your best friend and the wife you so dearly loved were screwing behind your back AND you come to know on the very day you are avenging her death. Nope he didn’t need that.

He had noticed the absence of the ETF's chief when the team had come to pay him a visit. And honestly he was relieved. He knew he wasn’t strong enough either physically or mentally to deal with the repercussions of the day. But he also knew when this had to be seen through the end. Arjun didn’t know what had caused his rage to grow tenfold-the fact that his best friend was dilly-dallying with his wife or the fact that his best friend blamed him for her death even though he wasn’t at fault.

Arjun shook his head, he didn’t want to go down that road. Not now. He also marvelled at himself for making this far even after that poisonous piece of information. He didn’t know what it took to him to maintain this calm. Maybe the storm would come later. He could already feel heavy winds swiftly growing in his soul. Oh the storm would come. And the thunder and rains would wreck someone as much as they had wrecked him,if not more.

Arjun was in these thoughts when the old and heavy ivory door creaked at its hinges and opened. Riya walked in. Arjun almost gasped at the way her face had shrunk in the past day. Her eyes were red and puffy and her shoulder drooped. Something told him that his day might have affected her more than it should have. She was a mystery, this woman to him more so than others even if it appeared the other way round.

"Hi" She said meekly, looking everywhere but at him. Was it him in the hospital bed or was it the events that lead him to the bed? Could be both

“Hey” he replied slowly.

An awkward silence hung between them. Far too awkward.

“How …..how do you feel?” Riya asked and immediately regretted her question. But she had to know. Had to know what revenge does to a person. Had to know if the dreadful weight on their shoulders dissipates.

Arjun couldn’t understand her, never did. But today the little understanding he had developed of her vanished. “I'm as good as it could be,Riya. Trying not to think of anything at the moment.”He shrugged.

She nodded gingerly, lost somewhere but her eyes set on his. For a moment there Arjun feel her leave the conversation and the world as it was, for her eyes turned dark and glassy. Tears clouded her vision and she shook it off. She turned away and wiped them off.

“Its alright”Arjun says as he reaches forward and take her hand. “Its too much to handle anyway.”

She stifled a sob and said in a trembling voice, “This should have been my line.”

Arjun gave her a tiny smile, his own eyes faltering for a second, “I guess I'm used to the pain. “

“You shouldn't have to “

“I know.”

Riya looked at their hands and put her free one on top on his. She looked up and into his eyes,”You should know you’re not alone. I’m here for you and i know a lot of people are too. You mean a lot to a lot of people and I’m willing to bet they’re there for you.”

He just nodded, but Riya knew she had lost him. He was looking at her, but his eyes spoke a different story altogether. So she plucked the courage and stepped forward and caressed his cheek gently. That shook him out of his state. He looked at her questioningly but welcomed it.

“Please don't give up. Please. Mere liye. Let it out. Let me help. Please.”

"What a twisted turn of fate! " Arjun thought. Sometime ago it was him begging her to not give up on him. Life has come full circle.

He smiled, rather forcibly not wanting to upset her anymore. Somehow between begging her not to give up on him on that ill fated day and today, a bond of fondness and affection had forged between them. A bond that was probably in the works since the moment they met.

ACP Sameer Damsingh stood outside the hospital room, clearly going through a dilemma. His hands found the door handle thrice now but the way they shook made him step back everytime.

Not how he had imagined this day would be. When he woke up this morning, he had a clear cut picture of the day in his mind. Carry out the plan to the T, catch Sikandar, take Roshni's revenge, apologise to Arjun and possibly mend the fallen bridges.

What was not on his Bingo card for the day was his scandalous affair with his best friend's wife coming to light. The very thoughts of his late night endeavours being recorded and landing in their worst enemy's hands engulfed him. Things didn't add up and somehow that tensed him more than the shocking relevations of the day.

The door opened a moment later and Riya walked out. Surprise coloured her face at the sight of the woe stricken ACP,although she did her best to hide it.

"Riya" he says, meekly. After the events of the day, Rathore wasn't sure if he could even face his own reflection let alone any of his colleagues.

Riya looked at him and saw the pain on his face. But despite the kindness in her heart, despite her compassion, despite her heartbreaking for her former teacher, Riya couldn't give a crap about the person in front of her. Not when someone on the other side of the door was fighting another battle of his own.

She looked away and stepped aside, "I can't help you sir. I wish things weren't this way. But you and I know what made them this way. Bye"

Not giving him anytime to reply Riya scuttled away,leaving a Rathore regretting his decisions that led up to this very moment in his life.

Edited by ariya_ash - 1 years ago
naaheean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Wow.... I'm quiet smitten by the subtlety of your imagination in writing. Arjun's lost state & his constant trial of not thinking anything for the time being, Riya's wish for him to let everything out infront of her, to let her help him, Rathore's dilemma on to whether meet Arjun and other colleagues or not, because of not being able to meet their eyes for his own shameful deed....just simply excellent.

Ariya's slowly & steadily growing mutual bond of affection & fondness getting stronger & I'm loving it the way you're shaping it gradually and subtly. Will be waiting to read more soon.

ruhi1985sheetal thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Beautiful update dear eagerly waiting for nxt and thanks for pm

Asya99 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The way you have portrayed Arjun mental state was amazing . His trauma and his bond with Riya is really beautifully written.

Will be waiting for the next part.

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

I like how u have shown the layers of emo btw ri and Arjun ..the bond despite the turmoil

Waiting to see if they are able to handle the storm

Rathore does not deserve forgiveness at the moment

Waiting to see how the rest of the team is feeling at the moment

Thanks for the PM .. please do send me one when u update 💐

Edited by AnjuRish - 1 years ago
bloomie thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 8

Awesome update!!!

Loved it

I love the way you write!

The comfort between Arjun and Riya, the unsaid assurance

of course, Arjun is shaken by the truth, it will take him quite some time to come to terms with it

At least, he has somebody for support whenever he needs it

I also liked the way Riya was straight up like, "mere liye"

Wow, Sameer actually had the guts to show up at the hospital. first off, loved the interaction between him and Riya. Secondly, dude you are dead to Arjun. Thirdly, if you go in front of him, you being dead will be literal.... lol

Cont sooon

plmzaq thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Nice update

Love it

Cont soon