Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kamala05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Except for Alia all other's statement were misarticulated but their intention and thought process were not regressive. But Alia proved that she is still in 18th century with her " men protecting women ideology and the patriarchal reasoning for keeping women locked in 4 walls and her absolute ignorance in stereotyping women's role" .

However I don't understand why many of these people hates the word feminism. In real life too I have seen many people hesitates  in calling themselves feminist but they believes in individuality,freedom, and equality. People should understand that just like anyother Ism there are many opportunist who used feminism for their selfish gains but the ideology itself is not wrong and because of this movement we are here expressing our  opinions.

atominis thumbnail

Alia's answer is dumbest.

I do not expect a sexist industry built on objectifying women to talk pro feminist stuff. Several years ago Madhuri had also said something against feminism. 

Most of them make regressive films or sell own soul to get films so why will they support feminism? Kangana also dissociated from feminism soon. They do not want to lose their male and conservative fan base by associating with feminism. 

atominis thumbnail

You are right. 70s, 80s and 90s had many films bashing woman empowerment, naari waad, feminism and portrayed outspoken feminist women and women's rights activists as weak or spoiled brats or saved by men or taught lesson from men and dialogues like mard mard hota hai aurat aurat. 

Bollywood has always mocked and misrepresented feminism and promoted patriarchal shit