Woh Toh Hai Albelaa|Episode Discussion Thread #1 - Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 2 years ago

This show will be another Saas Bahu Drama especially cause of Saroj a typical Itv Saas age looks like a modern day Kokila Modi. I expect this show to be more better and unique. 

SheThought thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I haven't seen any article anywhere that says Mohsin was the first choice for WTHA and it was offered to Shaheer because Mohsin rejected it. A single comment of RS about Mohsin-Shivangi doesn't necessarily mean that. In fact after YRP ended RS has been consistently saying he wants to work with Shaheer again on a new show. And even his King of TV comment is not new, he has been writing that on Shah's insta posts since YRP time.

And who isn't in it if not for the money?! It's not like other actors are doing pathbreaking shows and purely for the love of art! Money is THE biggest motivating factor for all these actors! 

Shaheer has been saying for a while that for shows he only works with people he feels comfortable with and he recently even mentioned in WTHA interview that because of that his choices get very limited. RS came to him with this show, and he came out of his comfort zone to do this rough and somewhat grayish OTT character because of his faith in RS.

MVs are a different thing, they are 2 day commitments and you get good money so why not! And most TV actors do it and in fact, most of them are garbage. Daily show is a different thing because they last much longer, and you have to live that character day in and out, so for someone like Shaheer who studies his character and internalizes it, it is unfair to think he is just doing it for the money. And logically speaking, he also has to run his career for a long time still, so he is not going to just pick anything random for a long term show purely just for the money. 

It is easy to belittle someone and call them names but we really don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

RoseyGR thumbnail

Hello!

My name is Enas and I am new here!!! It's nice to see someone talking about WTHA!!

I love shows with bromance so the minute I saw the promo I started watching... I love the concept... Having a show focus on bromance instead of a romance is refreshing (especially for me who struggles to find good bromance in ITV)

The thing is, the three brothers concept isn't new... And I am disappointed to say that Ishqbaaaz did it better, waaaaaaaay better...

I can overlook the too much childishness, or the songs that keep bajaoing out of nowhere... But the brothers have 0 chemistry yaar... 0!!!

The only interesting part I found was how reluctant Nakul is in showing affection to Cheeru. He feels he needs permission to get closer to Cheeru,to even hug him...

And is really Cheeru going to die? I mean Anuj is basically there just to get his character killed? so weird... Theey shouldn't have focused so much on him and Krishna as the brother due in promotion, right? I really hope it's just disappearance, not death. The awkwardness and tension of Sayuri being his brother's wife might bring some "really really" needed brothers drama without villanizing a brother.

Also, Shaheer and Hiba have 0 chemistry. I stopped loving Tashan wala couple a century ago, but they're still not clicking... Like at all!

I swear it feels like the cast wasn't tested for chemistry before being cast, they just got whoever said yes, which is a damn shame... A show focusing on brothers would've been refreshing, especially since RS has a thing for having multiple relationships/couples... Like YRP did much better at the 2 couples thing than Ishqbaaaz for example!!!

I just hope they get their brains together and not waste such an opportunity for a change in shows

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

What is the pearl kaand?

BaAZiGar0 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Most Comments (February 2022) 1 Thumbnail + 9

hi everyone, im ali…decided to give this show a watch cuz one of my IF friends was cribbing about how bad it was so i had to see if it really was😆. im finishing up the first episode and its pretty OTT so far. the aesthetic reminds me of Dil Se Dil Tak with all of the colors. the plot seems like a mish-mash of everything we have ever seen before in a family drama and will probably appeal to a younger crowd. i expected more from Shaheer tbh given his tenure in the industry. his character is coming off a bit more  caricature right now, but hopefully this will change with time. anuj is ok so far but doesnt seem convinced by his role either. the bonding between brothers is trying for Oberoi Brothers (Ishqbaaaz) but they have a long ways to go before they get there, saying those lines and pouting like grown men acting like little kids isnt easy to pull off. the most gripping thing from the episode was when the FL lead was slapped…wasn’t expecting that tbh. im going to keep watching cuz i have faith in rajan shahi and shaheer and i think anuj sachdeva is cute. nothing wrong with a little eye candy. 😳

Edited by BaAZiGar0 - 2 years ago
BaAZiGar0 thumbnail

im confused about whether anuj is gonna die as well, cuz he is all over the promotional material…

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

True! Shaheer is 38 and in his previous show he played a mature character that was well received (not taking s3 into account). RS did the same with YRKKLH too. Harshad is almost 39 and they turned him into a 25 something young doctor who acts like a love sick puppy. I used to be a fan of his and loved him in Bepannaah but after that he took up that nonsensical role I decided even my love for him as an actor cannot force me to watch that crap. Same goes with Shaheer. He may look young but I donno y he took up this role. Star Bharat is kinda desperate at this point. None of their shows are doing well. They want a breakthrough and they reached out to RS given his successful stint with Star Plus. But I doubt even a combination of RS and Shaheer can save this over the top show 🙄

Koms9 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I'm a shaheer fan but found Anuj cute as well. I hope he doesn't die so soon coz he is the only one who is not very noisy in the show 😕

I think makers need to tone down a bit so the show feels normal, right now it feels very OTT. And what's with the lead's mom looking at neighbor's door every few minutes?  Maybe if they all drink cold coffee, sit down for a few minutes and then start the show again it will help!

BaAZiGar0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Koms9

I'm a shaheer fan but found Anuj cute as well. I hope he doesn't die so soon coz he is the only one who is not very noisy in the show 😕

I think makers need to tone down a bit so the show feels normal, right now it feels very OTT. And what's with the lead's mom looking at neighbor's door every few minutes?  Maybe if they all drink cold coffee, sit down for a few minutes and then start the show again it will help!

im almost up to date. the first epi was the worst. if i watch it everyday for 20 mins its more digestible than a bunch of episodes at once. 😆 im curious to see if shaheer will stick this out tbh. 

GoodVibes1010 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SheThought

I haven't seen any article anywhere that says Mohsin was the first choice for WTHA and it was offered to Shaheer because Mohsin rejected it. A single comment of RS about Mohsin-Shivangi doesn't necessarily mean that. In fact after YRP ended RS has been consistently saying he wants to work with Shaheer again on a new show. And even his King of TV comment is not new, he has been writing that on Shah's insta posts since YRP time.

And who isn't in it if not for the money?! It's not like other actors are doing pathbreaking shows and purely for the love of art! Money is THE biggest motivating factor for all these actors! 

Shaheer has been saying for a while that for shows he only works with people he feels comfortable with and he recently even mentioned in WTHA interview that because of that his choices get very limited. RS came to him with this show, and he came out of his comfort zone to do this rough and somewhat grayish OTT character because of his faith in RS.

MVs are a different thing, they are 2 day commitments and you get good money so why not! And most TV actors do it and in fact, most of them are garbage. Daily show is a different thing because they last much longer, and you have to live that character day in and out, so for someone like Shaheer who studies his character and internalizes it, it is unfair to think he is just doing it for the money. And logically speaking, he also has to run his career for a long time still, so he is not going to just pick anything random for a long term show purely just for the money. 

It is easy to belittle someone and call them names but we really don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

Exactly. Some of the criticism here is so extreme? Based on whatever little i saw, the show definitely sucks so far & the acting isn't great either but a lot of comments here are not even about that ? It's about how he wasn't RS's choice (there isn't one article to indicate this but based on one Instagram post of Shahi, it's been concluded that he din't want Shaheer first), how most ppl don't like Shaheer anymore & that he is doing it for money. How is any of this relevant to an episode/show discussion thread ? Last i checked everyone works for money. It's not like all other actors are doing brilliant shows and also working for charity. Maybe he liked the role. Maybe he is comfortable enough with Shahi to say yes even if he isn't convinced. Maybe he is doing it for money. So what ? I came here to read how the show was because i haven't watched after episode 1 but a lot of posts here are not even about the show ?