Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: harun98

Most his comedy films its the side actors who bring the laughs, although he plays the gang leader but arshad wasi made it funny.

Your baat hear my chest become breast (Not).

Kya baat karrelaay bidu?

Aur Arshad toh apna heera hai, Munnabhai mein bhi scene steal kiyela hai.

Vickat_4evr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

No he is a versatile actor who stole the thunder of selmon bhai in hddcs 😈😈😈😈😈😈

Originally posted by: Vickat_4evr

No he is a versatile actor who stole the thunder of selmon bhai in hddcs 😈😈😈😈😈😈

I thought Salman was better there until the ending where he struggled.

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I feel it is the other way round.  He gotta be the most underrated actor here at the IF. 

He doesn't seem to be a very good person off-screen but he is the most versatile actor on screen,  IMO. 

Action,  comedy,  emotional stuffs, mindless flicks  -- name it and he has done them all beautifully, not to mention with equal ease. He probably is  the only actor who can be banked on to play any role, genre notwithstanding. 

He can also play negative shades with same conviction that he plays other roles. Khakee was a revelation of his ability to play a bad guy.

So no,  Ajay Devgan, the actor is not overrated- not even slightly.

Edited by bashful_moon - 2 years ago
JayaBachan thumbnail

I cannot emphasise how much he sucks in comedy. He was especially horrid in Ishq. He’s great in serious and brooding roles. Romantic roles is also a hell to the no. πŸ₯΄

Maroonporsche thumbnail

His finger nails are grotesque πŸ˜†

atominis thumbnail

No. He is rated rightly. 

Ajay has the best voice modulation compared to any 90s star and has given hits in all genres from action, comedy, drama, thrillers to romance.

Thanks to his looks, he is perfect for villager, rustic, underworld and urban marginalised type roles. I cannot imagine anyone else in Company, OUATIM, Omkara, Apaharan, Gangajal etc.

Everyone else is too polished or baby faced or better for rich NRI or urban middle class roles. Ajay atleast looked man enough from his debut film itself. 

He is neither underrated nor overrated. His 2 National award for best actor are also well earned, well deserved. 

He could have ended up like Manoj Bajpai but he proved his mettle in commercial films as well, succeeded without support of big banners, PR or media or dancing at weddings and award shows.

I find his success surprising given his looks and particularly his bad teeth which he never got corrected. He sailed through purely due to his talent. 

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ajay is brilliant in intense role and action role where he can bring out emotion, anger, revenge through his eyes but I don't rate him comedy

atominis thumbnail

He has successful comedies like All the best, Golmaal series, Ishq to his credit unlike others who flopped and never gave a single memorable comedy performance.

You are entitled to your personal opinion though. Ajay proved his comic timing.

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

He has successful comedies like All the best, Golmaal series, Ishq to his credit unlike others who flopped and never gave a single memorable comedy performance.

You are entitled to your personal opinion though. Ajay proved his comic timing.

And Bol Bachchan. And Total Dhamaal. And De De Pyaar De.

I still remember the scene from Ishq when he's walking down the pipe that is being sawed. I'd laughed so hard, my belly hurt πŸ€£