Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

happygirl123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

I loved the first half of the movie more than the second half actually. I thoroughly enjoyed Dhanush and Sara's chemistry even more than his chemisty with Sonam in Ranjhana. I however do agree with everyone that the story between Rinku and Vishu was rushed way was he so enarmored by a girl he just met and was forcefully married to and as aptly ointed out he got over the forceful marriage pretty fast.

Didn't like Akshay's prescense in the film made it very jarring before the back story that an older man is playing the 'love interest' but after the backstory it made sense why it would be an older man but wasn't a fan of his portrayal of the character. I was craving for more Vishu-Rinku scenes. 

Being a doctor myself I did cringe at the certain moments that downplay the way psychiatric patient's behave or generalize that all psychiatric patients, bipolar and Schizophrenia can see 'Sajjad' just as Rinku which is not true. Not all patient have hallucinations and definitely not all of them having a shared hallucination. 

Generally I got Vishu's pain of wanting to be with a girl but struggling to have to handle a girl with mental disorder reminding me of Shraddha struggling to be with Aditya battling alcoholism. Must add Dhanush's nuanced expressions and wide range of emotions really was the star of the show.

Hence for me the film works for me in moments, love the concept and the plot twist, did see it coming kind off but there was potential for a better told story of someone suffering from mental illness.    

3/5

Moodyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I  am a psychiatrist but i don't ever count on movies to portray my profession in the right way because it would be documentary not a movie. Moreover in india they treat mental illness through faith healing so showing to a doctor was a step up.

Coming to why rinku was seeing sajjad as a lover, i don't think she wanted to marry sajjad, she just wanted to run away and he was her escape from the family who just beat her up . She might have suppressed many details from the death and just recreated sajjad as a friend/lover who never asked for anything, who never forced her and just went with flow. Maybe she was trying to give a happy ending to her parents story.

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Good watch 👍🏼

Different story after a long long time in Bollywood 

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I saw a movie after a long time, and it was worth it! Enjoyed it.

The first half was amazing. Loved the humor and dialogues. And the story is very fresh, very kya bolenge - atrangi, but the novelty factor wore off in the latter half when the movie just dragged.

Dhanush was A amazing! Akshay did fine in the limited role.

Unlike Alia Bhatt who magically transformed in Udta Punjab though, Sara's accent and diction was completely unconvincing as a Bihari.

However, she did give in a good performance. She shone in the spunky crazy portions of the role, but was inconsistent in the tender emotional ones.

Overall I'd highly recommend this movie. 👍🏼

PS: At the start, I paused the movie to allow everyone to settle down. And the screen froze on the disclaimer, that was in Hindi. Aur bhaisahab jitni baar mein screen dekhta tha har bar mujhe devanagari lipi mein ek alag fat fingering dikh rela tha. 😭 Matlab ki official disclaimer toh thoda professional hona chahiye, kamaskam vahan toh itne spelling mistakes naa hon. Abhi Hindi par doosre thread mein bavandar macha isliye sehsa yaad aa gayi.

briahna thumbnail

Strictly one time watch ; loved Dhanush. Sara did well too, but budha akki spoils it

TheDarkRock thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This was really good. Sara was good and Akshay decent in his extended cameo. Dhanush as expected was excellent.

Love story with twist and tragedy. The climax was really emotional.

SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I wasn't very happy with the movie overall although it's a movie that had potential. I liked the main twist regarding Akshay's character, the backstory about Rinki's parents and especially the last scene at the train station.

I wasn't that interested in Rinki and Vishu's love story except for some scenes because of the instant way in which Vishu fell out of love with his fiancée and in love with Rinki. It made the character come across as shallow; they should have explored a bit more about Vishu falling in love with Rinki. 

Another moment that came across as shallow was when Vishu was celebrating to himself in front of a mirror after realizing that Sajjad isn't real when I expected Vishu to also feel the enormity of what it means for Rinki to be living this truth. There were scenes like this where Vishu wasn't very sensitive to what Rinki must be experiencing that I personally wasn't happy with but there were scenes like clapping for the Taj Mahal disappearance and the surgery scene where everyone were sensitive about Rinki's condition and tried to be supportive. 

And finally, considering the theme explored in the movie, they probably shouldn't have given it a fairy-tale like happy ending. 

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

It was good surprisingly, Sara and Dhanush were awesome 

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I want to give this movie a try after reading reviews here

This will be my first film of Sara 

YoursTrulyOne thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail