Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Juvvi9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Apsvenky

Okay, today's episode has convinced me that I really need to stay off for some time for my sanity, mainly coz these people (aka makers) are going to be making my show something that I did not sign up for. So untill I get some assurance that this is going in some way which I can relate with, or we get DD ka PF - I am going to take a break and stay away. I will be there sparingly and may also read some of the stuff on this thread, but right now I need some space because the illogical story and the chemistry less ship is just cutting down my watch time to 2 mins today - the 2 Adilie scenes and that was it. Also with people making Adi as the villian when his questions still seem valid to me, creates a disconnect that just makes me even more annoyed (not with people here, but on the main forum and on birdie) which just pushes me more into taking the break.

So I am sorry if I am not responding much or saying much - it is mainly to keep myself from getting involved till I feel I can connect with the show again in some way. You guys will still always have this space to share your views and thoughts - hope to see you guys again soon.

I totally get u Aps.. Coz really can't bring myself to watch since last week.. It is difficult to stay away but seems much needed break for myself too..

So yeah will be here too.. Reading and might even respond.. But the level of disconnect I'm having at this point.. I really hope something connects back to make me atleast come back to watch..

And RD we're very much here rant away dear, dekhna na dekhna alag baat but will always be here Reading sabka POV

Rollingdeep thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Juvvi9

I totally get u Aps.. Coz really can't bring myself to watch since last week.. It is difficult to stay away but seems much needed break for myself too..

So yeah will be here too.. Reading and might even respond.. But the level of disconnect I'm having at this point.. I really hope something connects back to make me atleast come back to watch..

And RD we're very much here rant away dear, dekhna na dekhna alag baat but will always be here Reading sabka POV

Chalo .. I am going to hang on. I am tho dheet

Juvvi9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rollingdeep

Chalo .. I am going to hang on. I am tho dheet

Hehe.. Hum kahi gaye bas yahi thode hile hue dimaag ko shaant kar rahe hai.. Love reading ur takes n tag karte rehna madam

Apsvenky thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Okay this just made me super mad -

https://twitter.com/MemeQueenOshin/status/1464624110063874050

Matlab Fahmaan has a sad backstory - So it is okay to not call out his acting issues.

What about Mayuri who lost her husband to suicide and had to play a character that actually tries to commit suicide and eventually became a villian for fighting for what she assumed was hers - gets bullied everyday in some for or the other by apparent "fans" of the show

What about Gash, who had to start working at the age of 15 because his father had mortgaged their house for 50 lakhs, stood in streets giving pamphlets about teaching dance for money and the successfully establish his own institute in 2 years to become the youngest tax payer in Pune at 17, then losing all that money again due to bad investments and going into depression for 2 years and finally emerging from it to play hero in a Marathi movie only for the money. He never took his craft seriously till he realized there was more to filmmaking than just turning up and saying some lines. Today he is still one of the few actors in the industry who watches all his episodes and tries to add nuances to every scene, even he doesn't agree with the characterization or approach. He is been called money minded and doing all this crap because his bank balance is becoming fatter, and apparently he has no conscience

What about ST whose mother left her and her sister at a young age, whose father literally built his career from scratch. She had do dance shows and auditions and what not just to ensure that they had a square meal at the end of the day. She has gone through immense number of rejections though she is one of the most capable actresses of this generation, and still gets called out for her age, colour and the character she plays onscreen with the naukrani comments.

I am not saying that either of these actors deserve a commemoration for doing their job. All I am saying is that be fair all around. Calling out the sad backstory for one actor while bashing the others who have equally hard lives, is uncalled for. Each of them have gone through their own form of hell, which we cannot even imagine, so please do not try to justify one person's suffering over the other's. Be fair to all or be unfair to all - do not try to pick and choose your side to justify your version of truth.

Apsvenky thumbnail

Matlab Fahmaan has a sad backstory - So it is okay to not call out his acting issues.

What about Mayuri who lost her husband to suicide and had to play a character that actually tries to commit suicide and eventually became a villian for fighting for what she assumed was hers - gets bullied everyday in some for or the other by apparent "fans" of the show

What about Gash, who had to start working at the age of 15 because his father had mortgaged their house for 50 lakhs, stood in streets giving pamphlets about teaching dance for money and the successfully establish his own institute in 2 years to become the youngest tax payer in Pune at 17, then losing all that money again due to bad investments and going into depression for 2 years and finally emerging from it to play hero in a Marathi movie only for the money. He never took his craft seriously till he realized there was more to filmmaking than just turning up and saying some lines. Today he is still one of the few actors in the industry who watches all his episodes and tries to add nuances to every scene, even he doesn't agree with the characterization or approach. He is been called money minded and doing all this crap because his bank balance is becoming fatter, and apparently he has no conscience

What about ST whose mother left her and her sister at a young age, whose father literally built his career from scratch. She had do dance shows and auditions and what not just to ensure that they had a square meal at the end of the day. She has gone through immense number of rejections though she is one of the most capable actresses of this generation, and still gets called out for her age, colour and the character she plays onscreen with the naukrani comments.

I am not saying that either of these actors deserve a commemoration for doing their job. All I am saying is that be fair all around. Calling out the sad backstory for one actor while bashing the others who have equally hard lives, is uncalled for. Each of them have gone through their own form of hell, which we cannot even imagine, so please do not try to justify one person's suffering over the other's. Be fair to all or be unfair to all - do not try to pick and choose your side to justify your version of truth.

Tagging the others

Rollingdeep thumbnail

Oh yes I saw this in the main forum. Let me tell u about this person ( I hope I am not wrong and she is who I think she is and if I am wrong so pls forgive me. I am not slandering anyone but stating facts). When I joined birdie, she was a lover of Adilie… she and a bunch did trends, bought pressies/ deserts for atif and for gm birthday they sent a massive cake or something with letters blah blah.. then the track went south and they started bashing. They gave me the impression they thought they were able to do so cos they invested so much in the show… that didnt work then they announced to the whole world multiple times that they won’t watch imlie or support it… things went quiet and now she is back… she likes to think she has some right to comment on the personal lives of ppl.

I didn’t know fk backstory but for me my comments have always been on his acting in relation to the serial and well I don’t find his offscreen chemistry with st anything great. But that’s my own view. I am not judging him as a person. I just think he is trying too hard to make himself viewed as a buddy of st. Not a character comment . Just that he is trying to hard to make himself be loved. Just be yourself and ppl should love u like the rest of the cast .

Same with Didi- no one here knows how much I despise Didi and I find Md a bit odd in how she tackles interviews or never stops ppl from bashing ST or seems a bit sensitive but I don’t think I have any right to comment on her personal life . I also don’t think that my commenting on her acting alone is not allowed cos she went through this trauma and so she should not be judged on her acting or given a free pass.. why is one man considered better than other due to the trauma they faced. Everyone has their own traumatic story.. even normal ppl. There is no one in this world who has not faced some trauma but it’s in differing degrees and not always made public to the world and honestly I don’t believe anyone wants their personal life’s to be a crutch or handicap in their professional lives unless they want sympathy

Honestly MD losing her husband and then playing the suicide track for me was distasteful on the writer part cos they made her do it and I don’t know how she agreed but could be she thought that she didn’t want others to go through this and maybe her pain can spare others ( I mean I guess she was trying to bring this up as a special issue which is commendable. The fact that I feel the writers botched it is my personal opinion) . Or the fact that GM considers money as an important reason when signing up for a project. Who doesn’t? He doesn’t want his son to end up like he Did. Which father or husband would want that? And gm has always been brutally honest. He has never done it via illegal means but by working so why the judgments? Cos he is brutally honest? Find me anyone out there who works cos they love it and don’t mind for free.. only if it’s your own company and even then not forever. St also suffered in her own way. Growing up without a mother and both girls working to help their father bring food to the table ( even her sister) . Imagine a life growing up without a mother. Not child should go through that let alone a daughter and this too cos her parents divorced. That hurts I am sure

Guess what I am trying to say is that no one has the right to make comments like that when no one is judging someone on their personal life but their acting ability. Fk may be a gem in real life but we are not condemning it there. I feel really bad for him now that I know but my comments have always been on his acting. No one has the right to comment on anyone personally no matter what the backstory. I don’t think even the actors themselves would appreciate their so called fans doing it and bashing other actors cos u feel your actor is being judged too harshly is even worse. What an insult to the actor u adore

I hope my long ramble was clear . In short I agree with u and find these kind of ppl distasteful to the max

I hope I got my point across and no disrespect to any actor or person.

Edited by Rollingdeep - 2 years ago
Apsvenky thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rollingdeep

Oh yes I saw this in the main forum. Let me tell u about this person ( I hope I am not wrong and she is who I think she is and if I am wrong so pls forgive me. I am not slandering anyone but stating facts). When I joined birdie, she was a lover of Adilie… she and a bunch did trends, bought pressies/ deserts for atif and for gm birthday they sent a massive cake or something with letters blah blah.. then the track went south and they started bashing. They gave me the impression they thought they were able to do so cos they invested so much in the show… that didnt work then they announced to the whole world multiple times that they won’t watch imlie or support it… things went quiet and now she is back… she likes to think she has some right to comment on the personal lives of ppl.

I didn’t know fk backstory but for me my comments have always been on his acting in relation to the serial and well I don’t find his offscreen chemistry with st anything great. But that’s my own view. I am not judging him as a person. I just think he is trying too hard to make himself viewed as a buddy of st. Not a character comment . Just that he is trying to hard to make himself be loved. Just be yourself and ppl should love u like the rest of the cast .

Same with Didi- no one here knows how much I despise Didi and I find Md a bit odd in how she tackles interviews or never stops ppl from bashing ST or seems a bit sensitive but I don’t think I have any right to comment on her personal life . I also don’t think that my commenting on her acting alone is not allowed cos she went through this trauma and so she should not be judged on her acting or given a free pass.. why is one man considered better than other due to the trauma they faced. Everyone has their own traumatic story.. even normal ppl. There is no one in this world who has not faced some trauma but it’s in differing degrees and not always made public to the world and honestly I don’t believe anyone wants their personal life’s to be a crutch or handicap in their professional lives unless they want sympathy

Honestly MD losing her husband and then playing the suicide track for me was distasteful on the writer part cos they made her do it and I don’t know how she agreed but could be she thought that she didn’t want others to go through this and maybe her pain can spare others ( I mean I guess she was trying to bring this up as a special issue which is commendable. The fact that I feel the writers botched it is my personal opinion) . Or the fact that GM considers money as an important reason when signing up for a project. Who doesn’t? He doesn’t want his son to end up like he Did. Which father or husband would want that? And gm has always been brutally honest. He has never done it via illegal means but by working so why the judgments? Cos he is brutally honest? Find me anyone out there who works cos they love it and don’t mind for free.. only if it’s your own company and even then not forever. St also suffered in her own way. Growing up without a mother and both girls working to help their father bring food to the table ( even her sister) . Imagine a life growing up without a mother. Not child should go through that let alone a daughter and this too cos her parents divorced. That hurts I am sure

Guess what I am trying to say is that no one has the right to make comments like that when no one is judging someone on their personal life but their acting ability. Fk may be a gem in real life but we are not condemning it there. I feel really bad for him now that I know but my comments have always been on his acting. No one has the right to comment on anyone personally no matter what the backstory. I don’t think even the actors themselves would appreciate their so called fans doing it and bashing other actors cos u feel your actor is being judged too harshly is even worse. What an insult to the actor u adore

I hope my long ramble was clear . In short I agree with u and find these kind of ppl distasteful to the max

I hope I got my point across and no disrespect to any actor or person.

Thanks for this and I agree 💯. Which is exactly why I listed it out in my post.

Can you share the link of where this is on the main forum, so that I can give them also a piece of my mind before I sign out😡

Rollingdeep thumbnail

Thanks for this and I agree 💯. Which is exactly why I listed it out in my post.

Can you share the link of where this is on the main forum, so that I can give them also a piece of my mind before I sign out😡

sorry dear..I thought I saw it there in one of those new threads. But I could be wrong. I can’t remember where exactly I saw it. Was a day or so back I saw so where. Maybe ig? Sometimes they post tweets on ig.

Whatever765 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Holas! Just dropping by to say Namaste!

One hectic thanksgiving break and after too much eating and drinking it is back to a grueling work week! 😭

The main forum is a cesspool. I wonder if these folks and us were even watching the same show..oh well perspectives I guess! AKT has become a punching bag..a good looking one...🤣

Anyhow- not here for that- have not been watching and do not intend to watch something that will be shoved at me in the name of drama and naari mukti morcha.....the show never had logic...but it had feels...now it is just mockery and plain reprisal...AKT ne aisa kiya...Imlie bhi karegi...T house main raita phelaya....ab Rathod house mein phelao! 🤪 If they really intended to show a 19 year old making her way into the world a second hand ASR was not necessary..but oh well...when has this show followed logic...!

I am onto holiday movies...oh it's the most wonderful time of the year..❤️ I start every year with Love Actually my all time favorite and then move on to Serendipity, which is just LOVE!

But I also started watching Dil Bekaraar- Those Pricey Thakur Girls ka adaptation...Loving it so far. Oh it took me back to my Delhi days (Lodhi Gardens...sigh!!) and growing up watching Doordarshan...(yes I am that old..🤪)

Such an easy watch!! I just started watching so will not review it as of now...the book was pretty amusing and I enjoyed reading it- the cast so far is doing a good job!

Will keep dropping into say Hi hellos to you wonderful chicas!

Edited by Whatever765 - 2 years ago
jperalta thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Absolutely agree, Aps. I’m appalled at people pulling double standards even in treating actors’ personal and professional lives separate. 😕 This is what we have come down to?

Your personal life should not be a reflection of your professional life, and your professional life should not be a reflection of your personal life. Keeping the two detached is what these actors themselves advocate for. Why bring Fahmaan’s brother into the conversation at all? We are only discussing his acting capabilities, nothing more and nothing less. That is our right as viewers of this show. 🤔

The fact is Aryan fans are triggered for no reason. They accuse us of hating on Fahmaan just because he’s been pitted against GM. These people don’t even realize they spend more time comparing the two actors than we do as adilie fans. 🤪 Party badal li toh ab justify bhi karna padega na. 😆🤓

Humara funda yahaan toh bahaut clear hai bhai — there was, is and will only ever be adilie for us. No Iman, ‘arylie’, whatever. Ab aa jao argue karne. 😳

Edited by jperalta - 2 years ago