Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Not available to view in my country 😆

Anika80 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

This is actually incorrect. IIRC, Bob Biswas was conceived as an OTT film. It is most definitely an OTT type story. 

Moreover, SRK is not nuts to deliberately produce a film which he knows will be a losing proposition. 

He and Netflix are doing a healthy mix of movies and shows which will appeal to both film fans and Bollywood fans. 

No  at all It was supposed to be  realised  in  cinema and the date were fixed around  Summer but the corona situation First and now the not  great appeal  abhishek has on public ..well wisely srk opted for a more Safe solution. And this solution Is ott.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anika80

No  at all It was supposed to be  realised  in  cinema and the date were fixed around  Summer but the corona situation First and now the not  great appeal  abhishek has on public ..well wisely srk opted for a more Safe solution. And this solution Is ott.

Well, in that case, what you said is more inaccurate.

SRK had enough faith in the film to plan a theatrical release, switching to OTT only because of the pandemic. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

The trailer looks super intriguing and Abhishek has acted well. However, I do wonder why Saswata Chatterjee was not given the role. It was Saswata Chatterjee who made Bob Biswas an iconic character and cultural phenomenon. I would have loved to see a character actor get his due. 

simplyrdb thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

The trailer looks super intriguing and Abhishek has acted well. However, I do wonder why Saswata Chatterjee was not given the role. It was Saswata Chatterjee who made Bob Biswas an iconic character and cultural phenomenon. I would have loved to see a character actor get his due. 

Because this is a 'Flashback' of the character, kinda like the origin story. Not a direct continuation of the character from Kahani. So, only a young actor could do the part. 

On the trailer, everything looks fine except that it is going to OTT and that too on Zee5. The chances of it being good go down the drain. I hardly remember any good movie acquisition on that platform. 

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: simplyrdb

Because this is a 'Flashback' of the character, kinda like the origin story. Not a direct continuation of the character from Kahani. So, only a young actor could do the part. 

On the trailer, everything looks fine except that it is going to OTT and that too on Zee5. The chances of it being good go down the drain. I hardly remember any good movie acquisition on that platform. 

Saswata is 50 whereas Abhishek is 45. Abhishek already ruined the trailer for me and is going to ruin the movie too I am pretty sure. Not because he is a bad actor, but simply because it's hard to imagine anyone else as Bob Biswas. 

I dont understand why Saswata isn't playing the character. BW can never grow if it doesnt stop carering to stardom over quality. 

Anika80 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Well, in that case, what you said is more inaccurate.

SRK had enough faith in the film to plan a theatrical release, switching to OTT only because of the pandemic. 

no now the pandemic Is under control in India so big film and not have a theatre realise even tadap film with a debutant like suniel shetty son Will be realised in Cinema so no its because abhishek doesnt have so much appeal srk wisely chose an ott realise