Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

I'm not saying lumping everyone together is cool, everything needs to be assessed on a case by case basis and this debate is definitely resembling a chicken and egg situation. 😆

The problem with the dominant and privileged group (in this case, white people) taking up aspects of minorities and their culture and giving it worldwide recognition and acceptance is yet another way they claim their hold and control on global and pop culture. The outcome might look like it's in favor of the minority group but it takes away from their ownership and shifts their power to the dominant group. It only serves to increase and strengthen the dominant group's power in society and sends the message that us people of color need "white saviors" to lead the way and only then will we be embraced with open arms by others cuz it takes white people's acceptance before others follow suit. It takes away from our ownership and self-sufficiency.... takes away from our power to influence people without the "privileged" group's intervention.

I argue for and against topics in my head all the time and can argue from your side too, so I give up here .... I forget where this topic originated now.

Bold: EXACTLY. This.

1123225 thumbnail

I'm not saying lumping everyone together is cool, everything needs to be assessed on a case by case basis and this debate is definitely resembling a chicken and egg situation. 😆

The problem with the dominant and privileged group (in this case, white people) taking up aspects of minorities and their culture and giving it worldwide recognition and acceptance is yet another way they claim their hold and control on global and pop culture. The outcome might look like it's in favor of the minority group but it takes away from their ownership and shifts their power to the dominant group. It only serves to increase and strengthen the dominant group's power in society and sends the message that us people of color need "white saviors" to lead the way and only then will we be embraced with open arms by others cuz it takes white people's acceptance before others follow suit. It takes away from our ownership and self-sufficiency.... takes away from our power to influence people without the "privileged" group's intervention.

I argue for and against topics in my head all the time and can argue from your side too, so I give up here .... I forget where this topic originated now.

So what is the solution?

Separate but equal has never worked in any society. And it is stifling to all communities.

The other option is to draw geographical boundaries. Indians in India, whites in Europe, so on and so forth, trading and appreciating but keeping themselves apart as humans.. Not sure I want to live in that world.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Almost there....everyone knows what chutney is...😆..then we have chai-latte....pineapple kabobs....we are on our way...😆

Kabobs are actually middle eastern food.

As are samosas in their original form (sambusak)! So is naan!

And sherbet (liquid wala 😆).

And pulao (pilaf).

And falooda too 😭

Ok ok I'll stop now. 😃

But... btw I hope Katrina has tasted decent falooda, especially the world's best one that is served outside Bandra station West (Yadgar 😋🤤). Agar nahin kiya toh Vicky ko karwaana chahiye, achha avsar honga😆

nhrb thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Why targeting only Katrina? Most of Bollywood actors/actresses have shady past and present.

Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nhrb

Why targeting only Katrina? Most of Bollywood actors/actresses have shady past and present.

I don’t think it’s targeting coz these are basic Facts . Katrina isn’t Indian and a father named Mohammad Kaif is completely fictional and cooked up .

I don’t think she is a bad person but she lets the lie stay afloat and doesn’t state the truth coz it works in her benefit and people fall for it.

Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IScream

Shady to the core indeed!

I was obviously aware of her fake Indian connection and surname . But this in-depth analysis is 👏🏼!

But what’s shocking is that Katrina in all her interviews continues to lie that her dad is a Kashmiri and blah blah

791198 thumbnail

^^^ girl why you need three different IDs to say the same thing?

1194442 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

^^^ girl why you need three different IDs to say the same thing?

they don't have anyone to lean on to validate their insanity and paint people they hate in the worst possible light. So they split themselves instead .... to not look like they're going cuckoo all by their lonesome. 😆

it's pathetic but the desperation is sad at the same time. 🥺

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

they don't have anyone to lean on to validate their insanity and paint people they hate in the worst possible light. So they split themselves instead .... to not look like they're going cuckoo all by their lonesome. 😆

it's pathetic but the desperation is sad at the same time. 🥺

All this unwarranted hatred only shows how their targets were getting into their system with their success. They will continue to be more successful, busy and happy in their lives while these people keep stewing in their hatred and sadness.

It’s indeed true:

“ You focus on yourself, you grow. You focus on shit, shit grows”

1194442 thumbnail

Originally posted by: catchmeifucan

All this unwarranted hatred only shows how their targets were getting into their system with their success. They will continue to be more successful, busy and happy in their lives while these people keep stewing in their hatred and sadness.

It’s indeed true:

“ You focus on yourself, you grow. You focus on shit, shit grows”

Indeed. We had to read about Holocaust victims, and how they interacted with some of the Nazi soldiers in their death beds once in my English class years back in school. Humanity managed to seep through even then. Which got us into discussing forgiveness and hatred, how they go hand in hand. There was a guy in that class in my group, whose mother was shot dead by his step-dad, who was then sentenced to jail for murder. That guy shared his story and how forgiveness was the most powerful tool that helped him rise above it all and live his life with a positive outlook. And that if he were to let that hatred fester, it would eat him up alive in the worst possible way.

Expressing dislike towards celebs is completely normal but they haven't done anything actually harmful to anyone on a personal level beyond the superficial dislike. So I truly pity this person who has been a complete menace and running around like a headless chicken since the day Kat-Vicky wedding was announced. Hope they find some peace. It looks disturbing ..... just one sneak peek into this person's mind would probably cause most of the people to recoil.