Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

elim thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: tapori

Probabilities are endless. I was requesting for a fact-check to understand the truth. Not an opinionated defense. πŸ˜†

Do you know how many government officials exist? And how many get to meet the prime minister? That too in those days. For me that sounds like a big deal.

Almost every civilian officer and senior Army personnel have pics with PM .But whatever

HearMeRoar thumbnail

In that case, Riteish Deshmukh should've been the new superstar. πŸ˜†

I don't know if SRK got his start because of (laughing) Indira Gandhi's recommendation. I swear I'm now thinking of Don Corleone making an offer he can't refuse πŸ˜†. 

Then SRK should be pissed that Mrs Gandhi couldn't find anyone more mainstream than the producer of Maya Memsaab or Aziz Mirza or Vivek Vaswani. 

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

In that case, Riteish Deshmukh should've been the new superstar. πŸ˜†

I don't know if SRK got his start because of (laughing) Indira Gandhi's recommendation. I swear I'm now thinking of Don Corleone making an offer he can't refuse πŸ˜†. 

Then SRK should be pissed that Mrs Gandhi couldn't find anyone more mainstream than the producer of Maya Memsaab or Aziz Mirza or Vivek Vaswani. 

All I see is a few ridiculous strawman arguments here.πŸ˜†

Did you even watch the video? It questions if he had contacts; and contrasts him with Irrfan who started around the same time but needed 15 years to get a leading role! Again, it's only talking about the break, and not the ensuing stardom all the while acknowledging the degrees nepotism works vary.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: tapori

All I see is a few ridiculous strawman arguments here.πŸ˜†

Did you even watch the video? It questions if he had contacts; and contrasts him with Irrfan who started around the same time but needed 15 years to get a leading role! Again, it's only talking about the break, and not the ensuing stardom all the while acknowledging the degrees nepotism works vary.

πŸ˜† Projecting much?

Strawman argument = making up a nonexistent issue in order to derail debate.

That whole contrasting SRK and Irfan is in itself strawman argument to make it seem SRK got there because of nepotism. 

It AND your suggestion of the same are the ludicrous claims here. You didn't like the fallacies of your argument being pointed out, so you try to pooh-pooh them. πŸ˜†

My statements stand:

If as JS suggested, a connection with Indira Gandhi was got SRK started, then he'd have done much better than the movies he starred in the beginning of his career. He got where he is because of relentless hustling, hard work, talent, and a bit of luck. 

Irfan is a wonderful actor. But he didn't hustle as much as SRK. That's a part of every job. You can't wait for the world to come and invite you in.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
TrollikaDevi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Trisolaris

I wouldn’t believe a word out of Dhruv Rathee’s mouth, dude’s got no credibility. 

Why is that ? Why do you think he has no credibility ?

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

So are those people implying that everyone is stupid but them ? It's the audience ,his business acumen,charisma and hardwor that lifted SRK up to this position. 

Haiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

πŸ˜† Projecting much?

Strawman argument = making up a nonexistent issue in order to derail debate.

That whole contrasting SRK and Irfan is in itself strawman argument to make it seem SRK got there because of nepotism. 

It AND your suggestion of the same are the ludicrous claims here. You didn't like the fallacies of your argument being pointed out, so you try to pooh-pooh them. πŸ˜†

My statements stand:

If as JS suggested, a connection with Indira Gandhi was got SRK started, then he'd have done much better than the movies he starred in the beginning of his career. He got where he is because of relentless hustling, hard work, talent, and a bit of luck. 

Irfan is a wonderful actor. But he didn't hustle as much as SRK. That's a part of every job. You can't wait for the world to come and invite you in.

Lot of words to make:

1. false assumptions about me

2. incorrect assertion that comparing SRK's start with Irrfan on the topic of nepotism is a strawman argument. All the while bringing Don Corleone, Riteish Deshmukh and Indira calling (with laughter) into the thread. πŸ€£

Itni der mein toh video dekh lete jitne mein type kiya πŸ˜ƒ

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

SRK was youngest most beautiful in 90s?

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: JackSparrowcraz

SRK had political connections before doing films.

Riiiiiiiight. So did Amitabh Bachchan. And now our Canadian Deshbhakt Mr Posterboy of Cow Dung.

Never heard you cry about that. It's okay, we understand it's hard to see Shahrukh KHAN become the richest actor in the world.

Jal rahi hai na? Jalalo aur. Aryan ko attack karne sey SRK ki success nahi change hogi.

TMKOC_MY thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: you2

SRK is back! A 500 cr hit wouldn't have done for him,what this misadventure by BJP has done.People from his own community,who may have been upset with him for not standing up for them publicly..now feel as protective as ever.

I myself had given up any hope of his revival.

Now I think that this his second innings and he will be bigger and better than ever.This is the destiny of King Khan

BJP made another career..that of Priyanka Gandhi.Whether she deserves or not.She grabbed the moment and like a true politician ran with it.

Exactly what they were expecting him to stand for?

πŸ˜†