Users

Frequent Posters

Floofy_Wolf thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

That was rude of her. 😳

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

I don't remember audience criticizing her over her weight though. She was way cuter back then. Then she became obsessed with having a size zero figure and lost all her charm in the process. Actresses like Vidya are comfortable in their own skin and are more known for their talent rather than their beauty,figure etc.Even Sonakshi looks beautiful with a healthy body.

Edited by infinity101 - 2 years ago
bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Floofy_Wolf

That was rude of her. 😳

Yeah even Alia was like "arrey..."

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Vidya must have had a better support system around her and better friends and family

Didn't Vidya say that Shahid used to call her fat and mock her weight?

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

People like to fat shame period. 

I don't think Vidya Balan or Sonakshi Sinha were spared. I've seen some pretty nasty stuff written about them too. The difference lies in how they reacted to it. 

Vidya just let it roll off. She didn't let it bother her and focused on her work. She never mulled on the fat-shaming in interviews. In fact, she even owned it. The Dirty Picture was all about a curvy woman with thunder thighs being a sex symbol. 

I'm not sure if its her privilege or her personality, even Sonakshi didn't let it affect her too much. She's kind of in the middle. She has spoken about fat-shaming but on surface level. She never centered conversations around her weight. 

On the other hand, Parineeti made her weight and her weight loss journey the center of everything. She let it take focus from her work and made it her personality. For a long time all her interviews were about losing weight and rarely about her film choices, approach to acting etc. 

Parineeti is far more talented than Sonakshi and if had the potential to math Vidya. Unfortunately, baffling movie choices have almost sealed the fate of her career. But it's easy to sit here and comment on others. Body dysmorphia is a serious mental health issue and fat-shaming can exacerbate it. People have caused a lot of harm to themselves over it. At the end of the day Parineeti too needs kindness and support so that she can see herself as more than her body and discover her full potential. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Parineeti used to get a lot of flack about not being able to dress herself by other celebrities, which I often thought was code for them saying she needs to lose weight. 

I think on Koffee with Karan, it was Madhuri (or maybe Juhi) who said Parineeti needed a stylist.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

She was never shamed for her weight. Vidya and Sonakshi definitely were but never Parineeti. She was just an average size - nobody thought she was hot but nobody thought she was fat either. 

I think with the way she looked, she ended up being competition for Alia for the girl-next-door roles. Once Alia became popular, Parineeti stopped getting roles. She claimed she took 3 years off to lose weight which doesn't even make sense. You could go to the gym for 2 hours a day and still continue working. I think she just wasn't getting roles and made excuses like she was taking time off for weight loss. 

She thought if she got a hot body, she could get glamorous roles instead and do bikini photo shoots and all that. But she doesn't look any different from before so I don't even know what weight loss she was talking about.

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

When was she fat shamed? Ye toh khud hi Sonakshi ko fat shame karti firti thi. Saying things like “arrey I’m not like Sonakshi” or something of that effect.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: TrollikaDevi

Disha looks malnourished.  

Explain malnourished in your definition m

Chasa thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Parineeti was never body shamed. But i think ppl made fun of her  fashion style although to me she looked quite fine.