Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ASlove thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Always found her to be very very pretty! Earliest memory of her was watching her in the tamil movie Indian. Also we used to make fun of her name as Koirala sounds like Gorilla(monkey). That aside, yes she was quite underrated in beauty term in this forum or generally, which I found it odd. She has a pretty smile (beautiful set of teeth) and her skin was so good back then. Especially without make up, she looked really good and pleasant looking as compared to most actresses who look underwhelming without it. I later got to know she is from Nepal. Nepalese beauty she is! I used to dislike her during the days she went loose but later found out she got cancer. She is super strong mentally and I respect her a lot now. Hopefully she continues to fight her cancer like she has so far done.

atominis thumbnail

Not at all. Manisha was always called one of the most beautiful actresses of Bollywood in 90s and made it to all beauty lists in magazines then. She was especially famous for her clear complexion and beautiful skin. She was a natural beauty.

Mani Ratnam said she looked even more beautiful without make up and used that look for Bombay. 

She may seem underrated now only because she is not media savvy, not in news and mostly disappeared post 2002. 

I daresay she still has great skin and her illness could not spoil her natural good looks either.

Her good looks, natural innocent beauty and acting talent are reasons why she kept getting work with biggest stars regardless of her flops or BO status. 

I remember her posters were popular in 90s at card and gift shops and beauty parlours. Photographers loved to take close up shots of her face. 

atominis thumbnail

That is because she was reckless with her life and health. She herself admitted she never took her career or life seriously, was alchoholic and also smoked a lot, slept at odd hours, partied all night, compromised on her sleep, diet and fitness when she was young. She wrote she took her life and body for granted and her illness was her wake up call to adopt a healthier lifestyle. 

srkat thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

YES!! I watched Dil Se last year for the first time and oh my god....😍

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Gorgeous..she looked fresh as dew in 1942 A love story..u can totally attribute all the adjectives of 'ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga' on her..

She looked her best there and in Saudagar, Khamoshi,  Gupt days..

Wish she had taken better care of herself 

RoNoSarKar7 thumbnail

Yes manisha is beautiful and yeah she is quite underrated , whereas madhuri is really really overrated. her smile is beautiful and nothing else.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Manisha was very beautiful but also one whose looks deteriorated the most..cancer, alcohol abuse, stress all play a part but in mid 2000s itself she started losing her looks rapidly..primarily all the alcohol abuse to blame..

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Underrated, no idea, but she was breathtaking in 1942 and Dil Se. But the thing is her looks are not typical or conventional by Indian standards..

She/then

Manisha Koirala Recalls How She Wasn't So Calculative While Picking Dil Se  And Bombay

She still looks beautiful and the good thing is she hasn't gone berserk with fillers and botox like her contemporaries. I love how she is comfortable with her wrinkles, especially that very prominent crow feet.

She/now (in 2020)

Manisha Koirala being lashed out for speaking in favor of Nepal

ASlove thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mugda

Manisha Koirala is a Nepali citizen. She is not Indian to be included in polls. Fawad Khan has roots in India but Manisha is totally a foreign actress to India. Only Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are part of greater Indian civilization but Nepalis, Bhutanese have different roots. They don't have Indian roots.

Go take your medicine and sleep. Nauseating and ridiculous thought.

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I feel like she was/is definitely one of those women who looks stunning sometimes (usually with certain types of makeup tbh 😆), but (definitely not ugly) but quite plainish at other times (usually without makeup or with some other types of makeup)...

The antithesis of that imo would be the type of girl who always looks cute in just about anything but never particularly striking in anything...

But anyway I think the reason she never gets talked about that much when it comes to looks is because she was active in BW at the same time as Aish, Sonali, Madhuri, Juhi, etc. who all definitely outshone her overall in the looks department imo. 

Edited by Anjalika01 - 2 years ago