Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Parakeet thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: LizzieBennett

Of course, Wahan Kaun hai tera is an absolute favorite! Like you said, Guide is a wonderful album, hard to pick favs in that one! And Wahan kaun has SDB in his unique, raw and rustic voice, and music and lyrics that pierce the heart and touch the soul.

Coincidentally, my name is Priya too (what are the odds!? 😆), rather it's Supriya but I'm more commonly known as Riya on this forum!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haO0ucjvxeo

ok then Riya... nice to meet you. Btw sometimes ppl at home call me supriya too... scary!😕

What do u do...? I m a teacher.

Parakeet thumbnail

I'm listening to this song ^^^ on loop and it's echoing in my head!

When he sings.."Haath kisike na aayi, koi tera na mera," and then there's pause and the twang of the instrument (is it the flute? I'm very bad at recognizing instruments!) plays, it gets me every time! Every effing time!

The lurch in the heart, and the swoop in the belly and the tears stinging the eyes. It's like a signature with me when I play this song. The emotion has become like a close friend. So familiar! 😭❤️

That's the power of the music and the lyrics by Shailendra.

i cant agree more.

Have you heard this one... itz my absolute favorite!

https://youtu.be/lUWbc5MaTI0

It makes me nostalgic about my first crush.. idk why...😒

And this other one....

https://youtu.be/4JqBqHXODlc

Edited by TheRoadNotTaken - 3 years ago
Parakeet thumbnail

You have made me revisit my obsession for this song! In the best way! ❤️😭

Shailendra's Lyrics are stunning! How does he come up with words like - 'Kyon nache sapera' and 'paani pe likhi likhayi'? Simply genius! 😭

Wahan kaun hai tera, musaafir, jaayega kahaan

dam lele ghadi bhar,

ye chhaiyyaan paayega kahaan

Beet gaye din, pyaar ke palchhin, sapna bani wo raatein

bhool gaye woh, tu bhi bhulaa de, pyaar ki wo mulaqaatein

sab door andhera, musaafir jaayega kahaan

Koi bhi teri, raah na dekhe nain bichhaye na koi

dard se tere, koi na tadpaa, aankh kisi ki na royi

kahe kisko tu mera, musaafir jaayega kahaan

Tune to sabko raah bataayi, tu apni manzil kyun bhoola

suljha ke raaja auron ki uljhan kyun kachche dhaagon mein jhoolaa

kyun naache sapera musaafir jaayega kahaan

Kehte hain gyaani, duniya hai faani, paani pe likhi likhaayi

hai sabki dekhi, hai sabki jaani haath kisike na aayi

kuchh tera na mera, musaafir jaayega kahaan

❤️❤️smiley27smiley27smiley27smiley27smiley27smiley27smiley27smiley27smiley27smiley27smiley27smiley27smiley27smiley27smiley27smiley27smiley27smiley27

😭smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19smiley19

ikr... dill ko choo leta hai... its beautiful and deep...
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheRoadNotTaken

ok then Riya... nice to meet you. Btw sometimes ppl at home call me supriya too... scary!😕

What do u do...? I m a teacher.

Wow! This is eerie! 😲 I'm kind of a teacher too, well, actually in early learning and child development, but close! ☢️

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheRoadNotTaken

i cant agree more.

Have you heard this one... itz my absolute favorite!

It makes me nostalgic about my first crush.. idk why...😒

And this other one....

Yehi woh jagah hai is a haunting tune, so unlike O.P's usual lilting, uplifting tunes, and Asha Bhosle absolutely kills it! You can feel the emotion in every word! Lovely song! It takes you to a different world! 😭

But 'Waqt ne kiya'! OMG! I don't have words that will do justice to this song! It's perfect in every way. The angst and the poignance spill out of the lyrics, the tune and Geeta Dutt's sublime voice and grips your heart and soul and squeezes it such that it wrings you out emotionally. I have to fight that lump in my throat and the tears in my eyes from falling each time I listen to it. I go into a sort of deep, spiritual trance!

What lyrics by Kaifi Azmi! Right from the very first line -

Waqt ne kiya kya haseen sitam (I mean.. haseen sitam..it's just glorious! 😭)

Tum rahe na tum, hum rahe na hum (this is so true! Time can change so much! 😭)

Kya talaash hai kuch pata nahi

bun rahe hain dil khwab dam-ba-dam 😭

Linking again because this song deserves all the love and then some!

https://youtu.be/4JqBqHXODlc

Thank you for posting this! 🤗

Edited by LizzieBennett - 3 years ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

I know your love for art, Madhu! 🤗

And also this song! OMG! I love it! ❤️ 🤗

I think the whole album is wonderful, of course, and IMO CR"s best work. But this song counts for me as one of Lata's best as well. The ups and downs in her voice are like an ebbing and flowing river, like a gently chirruping bird lending us its sweet melody! ❤️

And the lyrics by Rajinder Kishan celebrate love in all its glory likening life itself to falling in love and the sweetness and innocence of it.

'Zindagi hai bewafa, loot pyar ka mazaa' 👏

This song is just as sweet as its sister version is poignant and heart-breaking. 😭 With just a slight variation in tune and the lyrics of course, CR managed to create such opposing emotions! Truly a master at work!

https://youtu.be/1eFso_5-bFc

Idk why the embedding is not working for me!

Parakeet thumbnail

Wow! This is eerie! 😲 I'm kind of a teacher too, well, actually in early learning and child development, but close! ☢️

oh! Man! I have never met anyone who's so similar.... It's almost like we are playing some game 😆
Viswasruti thumbnail

A combination of --- Meena Kumari, Lata MangeshkarMusic Director: Ghulam Mohammed & Lyricist: Kamal Amrohi

Kehna ke rut jawan hai Tell him that the season is young
Aur hum taras rahe hai And I'm longing for him
Kaali ghata ke saaye The dark clouds above
Birhan ko das rahe hai Are tormenting this lonely woman
Dar hai na maar daale I'm afraid it'll kill me
Sawan ka kya thikana You can't trust the rains

eh raat, yeh khamoshi This night and this silence
Yeh khwaab se nazare These dreamlike sceneries
Yeh khwaab se nazare These dreamlike sceneries
Jugnu hai ya zameen par
Are these fireflies
Utre hue hai taare Or have the stars descended on earth

The sounds of birds chirping are even woven into the opening of the musical track with a shot of silhouetted birds flying across the sunrise: a symbol of Pakeezah’s new freedom. The whole effect is feel-good and tender–especially coming after the traumatic elephant attack of the previous scene.

Anticipation, hope, dreams for future is so amazingly blended. Undoubtedly a beautiful melody. I would call it a hauntingly beautiful melody!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbNakvvryoE

Parakeet thumbnail

One of fav is this one:

https://youtu.be/X-40R7SfXJ4

Its just so beautiful.... feels like first love kinda thing....

Lol... y do i always relate songs to those things....😅

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Pakeezah's songs are just divine! Ghulam Mohammad really excelled himself in this one, though I love his Mirza Ghalib too!

Mausam hai aashiqana is such a beautiful song! ❤️ It's the raag YamanKalyan (or it is Yaman). Most songs in this raag are beautiful and this composition especially so because of Kamal Amrohi's lyrical poetry. It's among my top fav romantic songs by a female.

Jugnu hai zameen par utare huye hain taare! (such an exquisite thought!)❤️

Aa jao main bana doon palkon ka shamiyana

Add to this Lata's hauntingly beautiful voice! The entire song has a faraway feel to it - like it's being sung from atop a mountain and is echoing through a valley, bringing with it all the sweet pain of pining for your lover! Just so achingly sweet! ❤️

And what to say about Chalte Chalte? It's quite simply my favorite track from Pakeezah. Lata sings it so beautifully, and the sound mixing is simply wow- breathtaking! The distant sound of the train whistle and then the beats of the song begin and my heart lurches every time!

The lyrics by Kaifi Azmi are brilliant!

Shab-e-intezaar aakhir kabhi hogi mukhtessar bhi..

And then this line repeats, each variation bringing a new feeling a new emotion. How does Lata do it? 😭

Ye chiraag bujh rahe hain...

Achingly, heart-stoppingly beautiful composition!

Thank you, Madhu and Priya, for posting these!