Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MissMichelle thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

CHAPTER 3

2 YEARS LATER

The sun slowly crept up the sky, throwing light to chase away the darkness of the night. The slight breeze blowing the hair of a woman who walked out to the garden with a watering can in her hand. She kneeled to the damp earth and started tending the plants. An hour passed, and she finally stood up. She looked at the neat rows of the vegetable plants and a slight smile adorned her face. Just then she heard the alarm going off. She looked back at the building that has been her home for the past 2 years. JRK Ashram & Orphange. She can honestly say, if it wasn’t for the people in this place, she didn’t think she would be alive today. Pallavi Deshmuk, no scratch that,  Pallavi Sharma! When she look into the mirror, regardless of the new surname she’s using, she sees no identity, just a girlwho’s fighting her past memories to survive day by day.

The memories came flooding back. After that awful night 2 years ago, she awoke at the hospital the next morning. Everything after being thrown out, was a blur to her. She remembered walking and it had began to rain, but that’s it. Nothing else. There was no one in the room. She was hooked up on an IV and she was dressed in a hospital gown. Her head hurt, and when she lifted her hands to touch, she felt a bandage. Just then the door opened, and in came a doctor followed by an aged couple. The doctor smiled when he saw her awake. “ Good, you’re up. I’m doctor Sharma. How do you feel? Apart from a headache" he said while pointing tothe bandage. “My head does hurt, I’m feeling a bit weak, but no pain anywhere else" I replied. He nodded while taking notes. “You were found by this couple on a deserted road. Do you remember how you got there? Or what happened,since your appearance suggested that you may have been in some accident, or…” he didn’t continue but left it up to her to say what happened.

She looked at the couple that found her. The woman lookedworried, her husband holding her hands tightly as if trying to calm her down.  They were genuinely concerned for her. Pallavi knew she couldn’t lie to them, she then told the three people in the room her entire story, just leaving out names. When she was finished, the doctor had a sympathetic look on his face, while the woman came to me and held my hand. “Child, please don’t say you are alone in this world, you have us. We run an Ashram & Orphanage back in Bhopal. We are here for a meeting with the owner. We leave tonight, please come with us.” Pallavi  lookedat these people who were offering her a home, while those she thought were her own had thrown her out. Tears filled her eyes then, which were wiped away by the man. “Don’t cry my child, Lord Shiva sent us here to help you. Do not think you are ever alone". Pallavi couldn’t help the tears then, she hugged these two people and cried for the life she’s leaving behind.

When she had calmed down they introduced themselves. “We are Akash & Bani Rathore. What’s your name?” She looked at them, then to the doctor, “my name is Pallavi, just Pallavi.” The doctor smiled, then said to the couple, “please excuse me as I’ll like to do a check up of the patient. It would only be a few minutes.” They nodded an left. He then pulled a chair closeto Pallavi and sat. He checked her vitals, which he told her was good. He askeda couple more questions which she answered and then wrote her some prescription for medication. “ You fainted due to high blood pressure. Given what you went through, I think in a few days you’ll be back to normal. You need to rest, your body as well as your mind, for a complete recovery in minimum time.” He looked at her. “Now Pallavi, I need a surname for the hospital records.” She looked at him, “I’m sorry doctor, but I can’t give it to you. I don’t want anyone to find me. Please understand” she said with tears again threatening to spill. He patted her hands, “I do, I’ll record your name as Pallavi Sharma. Here is my number, please if you ever need anything do not hesitate to call me. You will always have someone you can consider a brother in Hyderabad.” He pulled out a rakhi from his pocket, “my sister sent this to me as she’s unable to visit this year, would you do me the honor?”

Pallavi looked at this stranger, who was offering the protection of a brother. She thought about the couple outside who is offering her shelter. How strange the world can be. Your own would turn their back while strangers comfort you. She took the rakhi from him “this sister would forever be grateful to you” she said while tying it on his wrist.  When she was finished, he gave her a side hug,while ruffling her hair. “Now let’s get you discharged, so you  can begin your new life!”.

While he did the necessary paper work to be discharged, her mind wandered to the man who took everything from her. Why Raghav? Why did you destroy my life? What did I do to deserve this punishment? Although she wished she had the answers, a part of her didn’t want to know as she was thankful to him for showing her what she meant to the Deshmuks.

Maybe that is why, even today when she thinks of him, there’s no hate. There’s definitely hurt, there’s anger but she can’t bring herselfto hate him. Even after years of waking up to nightmares, reliving that dreadful night, there’s no hate for him. Raghav Rao have broken all the relationships that I held dear to me yet I am unable to hate him.

“Didi" a voice called out to her, which brought herback to reality. She turned and looked at the 2 year old toddler, walking unsteadily through the garden to meet her. Mrs Rathore followed closely behind. She walked to meet them smiling as she saw the toddler take off with a run. She caught him in her arms and swung him in the air, enjoying his giggles. She brought him down to her face level and kissed his cheeks earning another round of giggles . Mrs Rathore looked on, smiling and said. “Pallavi, someone was being naughty, he didn’t want to drink his milk without his Didi.” As if he understood every word said, he hugged Pallavi tightly around her neck hiding his face within her hair. Pallavi turned him around to face her. “Aryan, why didn’t you drink your milk?” He looked at her with his puppy eyes “mish you" he said in his baby words. “Aww baby, let’s go up so you can have it" she said while cuddling him and walking towards the house with Mrs Rathore by her side. “Pallavi anyone seeing you both interacting, would honestly believe you are mother and son.” Pallavi smiled at her. “The love I have for him is no less than a mother, we came here together, him no more than a few weeks old. Maybe we were destined to find each other” said Pallavi as she cradled the little guy to her. “Yes, God always has a way to help people through their difficult times. And I know he would bring colors back to your life one day.” Pallavi looked down at her white sari, “I doubt that Mrs. Rathore, sometimes I think my life was meant to be void of colors, and my heart to remain broken for all time. 

SONIA441 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Wow! This is an entirely different take on the Story!

Please continue this. I would really like to read this new concept❤️

rinku95 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Amazing 

Continue soon 

MissMichelle thumbnail
CHAPTER 4 Raghav slowly opened his eyes, adjusting to the bright light above him. His mind disoriented as he tried to figure out were he was. He’s  not in his bedroom. Then he realised….he was in the hospital yet again. He looked around, sure enough he was hooked up on an IV. However he didn’t panic. He have been through this numerous times during the past 2 years. The door opened and in came his mother, followed by Kerthi, Farhad and Harish, all with  worried looks on their faces. His mother sat next to him on the bed, and took his free hand in hers. “How are you Raghav?” she asked in a low voice. He  can tell she was crying, they all looked that way. “Amma why are you stressing yourself unnecessarily. You know this happens to me from time to time. I’m  habituated to this situation now. In a day or two, I’ll be fine to get back to my normal routine. Then everything will be as it was before.” His mother didn’t reply right away. It looked like she was debating her response. Kerthi came and placed a hand unto their mother’s shoulder. This gave strength to his mother, for she stared him directly in his eyes, her softness from awhile ago replaced with something much like anger or rage. “You’re right, I’m worrying myself unnecessarily Raghav. I mean, if you die I have Kerthi right. I also have Farhad and Harish, who needs you anyway. This weak version of you, Hyderabad Ex-Don, your competitors would rejoice seeing it. Everything you've built would be taken by them. This weak guilt laden Raghav Rao,  what can he do to protect his family, his business! Nothing, he can do nothing! Keep sinking Raghav, refuse to accept help, I no longer give a damn!” she shouted, with angry tears making there way down her face. Raghav moved to touch her, but she pushed his hand away. “Don’t dare touch me Raghav, do you know how long you have unconscious this time. What day is it Raghav?”  Raghav looked at her confused. He tried to remember what he was doing, before it happened. Oh yes, he thought. He had a meeting this morning at an Orphange recently opened. “It’s Tuesday Amma, I had a meeting this morning before I passed out” he answered. His mother looked at him, the sadness back into her eyes. “Today is Friday Raghav, you have been unconscious for 3 days. At the beginning you refused help, what now Raghav? Should we all just sit back, and watch you fade away?” he couldn’t believe his mother’s words. He have been unconscious for 72 hours. Kerthi may have seen the confusion on his face, because she passed his phone to him. He looked at the screen picture, which caused an ache to his heart. He unlocked the phone  only to verify that yes, it was indeed Friday. His mother walked out without saying another word, with Kerthi running after her. Farhad came next to him. “Anna, aunty and Kerthi were very worried. Aunty would barely eat, which isn’t good for her health at this age. They haven’t left the hospital, no matter how much we tried to get them to go home. You cannot ignore that this time your situation was different. Please, for their sake, agree to get some help. This guilt is killing you slowly, as well as your love ones.” Raghav looked at Farhad. “How do I move on Farhad? Without knowing where she is, if she’s ok. These questions haunt me day and night. She had no one and nowhere to go. I took everything away from her. I destroyed her life Farhad, and you all want me to move on and forget my guilt. What about her damn it!” he said angrily. “I’m not saying to forget her Anna, we will find Pallavi. I’m saying remember the people whom you got yourself in this situation for. Remember your family whom you have been yearning for all these years. Your Amma, your sister. They are hurting watching you like this. We need you to be strong for when we do find her. You are the only one who would be able to bring her back and reunite her with her family. We’ll leave to your thoughts. I’m going to Amma & Kerthi.” With one last look at Raghav, Harish and Farhad left the room. Raghav picked up his phone and looked at the screen picture. He had gotten this picture from Nikhil’s YouTube channel. It was from Mansi's mehndi function. She was smiling at the camera, a genuine smile which reached her eyes. Why did he never noticed how beautiful she looked that night. Maybe subconsciously he did, but the Raghav Rao arrogance didn’t let him see. All those times they argued flashed before him. Only now when he reminisce he can see the fire in her eyes. He once told her he’ll destroy her and make her leave town. True to his words he did. That look in her eyes the last time he saw her, deserve to haunt him forever. Every time something reminds him of that broken desolate look she had that night, it would send him into a panic attack. At first he was able to compose himself within a few minutes. But as time went by, it had gotten worse. The latest being 3 days of unconsciousness. When he was leaving the orphange on Tuesday, he saw a young  woman begging on the street. While giving her money he asked her why she was begging at this young age. She  told him her husband passed away,  and her in laws threw her out saying she was a bad omen.  Her own parents refuse to take her in. This was her only means of survival she told him. Straight away his mind went to Pallavi, was she in a position as this young woman? Does she have to beg in order to eat? Where do she sleep? His mind was flooded with questions until he could take in anymore and the attack started. That’s the last thing he remembered. There was a knock on the door and he turned to see Vijay and Sharda Deshmuk. Sharda came and sat on his bed next to him, while Vijay stood at the foot. As usual when he and Vijay met, the old man would always keep a bit of distance between them. “Jayaji called us when you woke up. You had us all worried sick this time Raghav. We’ve been praying and fasting for you for the last 3 days. Everyone have" she said and on the last sentence looked at her husband. Vijay as usual kept quiet. The tears he was trying to hold back since he looked at picture on his phone of her, began  to trickle down his face. Sharda took her pallu and wiped the tears away. He held her hand to his cheeks “Please tell me you believe she’s ok. She has to be right? She’s not in some unfortunate situation  that would require her to degrade herself to survive right? She’s still her strong self. She’s just angry with us and will be back soon right? Please Aayi  tell me she’s ok" Raghav cried while gripping her hand to his  cheeks. Sharda used her free hand embrace him while he cried. Her own tears were running down her face. It was Vijay who brought the both of them out of this painful moment. “Of course  my daughter is ok. I will have no one think or say otherwise. We’re all alive, which means she is also. So I will suggest that you two stop this. And you Raghav, I  will not have you upsetting these women  in my life so often. Pallavi would not like that, and I’ll make sure to let her know how many times you have stressed them. Now Sharda has brought food for everyone. Please have some, while I go to Jayaji and Kerthi for them to have also. And you Sharda, make sure he eats all.” He walked away after saying this leaving Sharda to follow his order. Raghav ate all that Sharda brought. His mother and Kerthi came back and stayed with him for the rest of the day . The doctor had came by and gave them a psychiatrist number, which he said would be able to help with his panic attack. Raghav didn’t think so, but for the sake of everyone he agreed for a visit. As always before he fell asleep, Raghav prayed for Pallavi’s safety wherever she is. He drifted off to sleep staring and her smiling face on his phone screen.
RAGHVIFAM thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

What an amazing story it totally gives different feeling from the show 

I'm loved it and enjoyed everything about this story ❤️

Update soon i will wait for it 

unicornwriter thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

this is so unique and so new. Do continue

Avneel07 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This is so good. Continue soon pl

MissMichelle thumbnail

Sorry for the late update. Life has been pretty hectic last week. Thank you all for reading my story🤗

CHAPTER 5

3 days later Raghav sat at his desk, catching up on his emails. He didn’t realize he was working for 5 hours straight until Farhad came in with his lunch. He looked at the time it was already 2pm, and he haven’haven't even gotten through half of the emails.

“Anna, here is your lunch. Amma said I am to ensure to have all he said with a smile.

“Thank you Farhad, I didn’t realize it is past lunch time.I’m indeed hungry" saying this he took the tiffin from him and started opening them. The smell made his tummy rumbled! Farhad laughed out loud. “You're very  hungry Anna” Raghav smiled at him and started eating.

“I’m thinking to hire someone to help with some of the office paperwork. Both of us have our hands full, I think it’s time we get someone to help us" Raghav said between bites.

“Offcourse Anna if you thinks that’s best, I’ll put out an ad and set up some interviews. When should I schedule them for?”

Raghav thought a bit. “Set the interviews for a week from now. As you know, I have the appointment with the therapist on Friday. Since I’ll be in Bhopal, I got an email inviting me to an event the Ashram there is having. Maybe we all can go. Amma, Kerthi, you,Harish and I’ll ask Sharda ji and Vijay Deshmuk to accompany us also. This way I can treat you all for a few days. I’ve caused you all so much stress lastweek, I’ll like to make it up.”

“Sure Anna, once you have spoken to all I’ll make the arrangements. Although I must say, you owe us nothing. We all love you dearly” Farhad said a bit emotionally while exiting the office taking the empty tiffin with him.

When Farhad left, Raghav went back to work. He called Vijay and Sharda ji and after some discussions he was able to convince them to accompany him. Amma & Kerthi also agreed without hesitation. He replied to theAshram, advising them six persons would accompany him. They all would stay at the Ashram on Saturday night.

Pallavi sat at the small office of the Ashram. Since she gothere, she have been handling most of the administrative work for the Ashram. The Rathore’s told her that she didn’t need to, but she wanted to do this. In this way she felt less of a burden on the Ashram. They in no way ever made her feel so, but Pallavi really wanted to do something to help out. She got a reply from the owner of the Ashram who resides in Hyderabad. He’s known as Ramaswamy. She remembered her encounter with him which she had 2 years ago. Sadly she didn’didn't get to see his face. The keychain he gave her as a token was beautiful. It remained with all her other belongings at the Deshmuk house. She took nothing when she left. This is the first time in the 2 years she have been here, he was visiting. He always declined their offer, she guess due to his hectic schedule.He added a note that six persons would be accompanying him for the overnight visit. She needed to make sure the rooms are all prepared for the guests.

She left the office at 4pm and went to the kitchen to help prepare dinner. There were 34 persons in total (including the Rathore’s, herself and Aryan)staying at the Ashram. 20 were children between the ages of 4 -15 years and 10 widows ages 25-65 years. The women prepared the dishes daily. They grow most of the vegetables themselves, which really helps in the expenses. The money saved from the kitchen expenses, enable them to send some of the children to learn to play various musical instruments.  Pallavi loved that everyone at the Ashram consider each other as family. Each have suffered some sort of tragedy in their lives, but they have all bonded together and now live as one family. When a child is adopted, the adults though happy, would miss them the most.

“Pallavi Di no need to help us today. We have everything organized for dinner, you can take some rest. You are always up earlier than everyone, and keep going all day" said Saira Abdul the youngest widow at the Ashram. Pallavi hugged her from the back, earning giggles from her. “Everyone works just as much as I do my darling Ladoo" said Pallavi while pinching her round cheeks, and all the ladies laughed at their interaction. When Saira entered the Ashram one year ago, she was severely depressed. She didn’t speak to anyone and barely ate for almost a month. Slowly Pallavi brought her out of her depression, and the 2 have bonded well over the year. She helps Pallavi in tutoring the kids as well as teaching them dance. Both ladies have a passion for dancing. “If you all really don’t need my help, I’ll be outside with the kids.”

Pallavi walked to the back of the Ashram, where the kids are playing on an open field that leads to the garden. They are being supervised by Mr & Mrs Rathore as well as a couple of the ladies. When Aryan saw her, he left Mrs Rathore’s lap and came running towards her. How she loved to hear his baby giggles. She will miss it so much when he gets older. She took him into her arms and continued walking towards the others. When she reached she sat on the grass and placed him between her and Mrs Rathore.

“Aunty Ramaswamy confirmed his attendance for the function on Saturday. He’ll be coming with  6 guest to stay overnight.”

“Oh really replied Mr. Rathore. It’s been 2 years since we saw him. Although we keep in contact via emails, it would be great to have him visit.”

Pallavi looked at him “Yes finally I’ll get to meet him. He does so much for us, and I don’t even know what he looks like. Although from his generosity, I definitely know he’s a good person. I cant wait to meet him.”

“Yes Pallavi, even I’m excited for his visit. Do you know it’its only the second time he’s visiting us. He did when we first started the Ashram 5 years ago, then we would visit him in Hyderabad when there’s any issue. But since you've joined us this pass 2 years everything has been running smoothly. So no need for any emergency visits to him. We are thankful to you both for helping us so much” Mrs Rathore added.

“Aunty please, no need to thank me. You and uncle are the reason I’m alive today, I’ll do anything to see you both happy” Pallavi said while hugging her.

“Oh Pallavi, we pray Lord Shiva gives you get all the happiness you deserve my dear child. May he send someone soon, to bring back the colours in your life” Mr. Rathore said while placing his hand on her head.

Back in Hyderabad, Amma watched Raghav asleep on the couch, holding his phone to his chest. She put her hands together praying that her son would find his happiness again soon. She whispered “Pallavi beti, where are you?” 

Chutkiii thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

It's so beautiful ❤️.  Can't wait to see the meeting of Raghav and Pallavi 😭. 

You have portrayed Raghav's angst and Pallavi's new found sukoon so beautifully ❤️❤️. 

Eagerly waiting for your next update ❤️

ReemShah thumbnail
Most Comments (June 2021) 1 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I am awaiting for the storm which going to come in Pallavi's life

Can you please update soon

this is really good