சில்லறை கேட்காத *Conductor* ..

சிரிக்கும் *police* ...

முறைக்கும் *காதலி* ..

உப்பு தொட்ட *மாங்கா* ..

மொட்டமாடி *தூக்கம்* ..

திருப்தியான ஏப்பம்...

Notebookன் *கடைசிப்பக்கம்* ...

தூங்க *தோள் கொடுத்த* சக பயணி ....

பார்த்த நொடியில் உரிமை எடுத்துகொள்ளும் பால்ய *நண்பன்* ..

இப்பவும் டேய் என அழைக்கும் *தோழி* ..

இரவு 2 மணிக்கு கதவை திறந்துவிடும் *அம்மா* ...

கோபம் மறந்த *அப்பா* ..

சட்டையை ஆட்டய போடும் *தம்பி* ..

அக்கறை காட்டும் *அண்ணன்* ..

அதட்டும் *அக்கா* ...

மாட்டி விடாத *தங்கை* ..

சமையல் பழகும் *மனைவி* ...

சேலைக்கு fleets எடுத்துவிடும் *கணவன்* ..

வழிவிடும் *ஆட்டோ* காரர்...

*High beam* போடாத லாரி ஓட்டுனர்..

அரை மூடி *தேங்கா* ..

12மணி *குல்பி* ..

sunday *சாலை* ...

மரத்தடி *அரட்டை* ...

தூங்க விடாத *குறட்டை* ...

புது நோட் *வாசம்* ..

மார்கழி *மாசம்* ..

ஜன்னல் *இருக்கை* ..

கோவில் *தெப்பகுளம்* ..

Exhibition *அப்பளம்* ..

முறைப்பெண்ணின் *சீராட்டு* ...

எதிரியின் *பாராட்டு* ..

தோசைக்கல் *சத்தம்* ..

எதிர்பாராத  *முத்தம்* ...

பிஞ்சு *பாதம்* ..

எளிதில் *மணப்பெண்* கிடைத்தாள்.,

வெஸ்ட் இன்டீசை வெல்லவே *முடியாது* .,

சந்தைக்கு போக *பத்து ரூபாய்* போதும்.,

முடி வெட்ட *இரண்டு ரூபாய்தான்*.,

*மிதி வண்டி* வைத்திருந்தோம்.,

*எம்ஜிஆர், கலைஞர்*  உயிரோடு இருந்தார்கள்.

*ரஜினி, கமல்* படம் ரிலிஸ்.

கபில் தேவின் *கிரிக்கெட்* .

குமுதம், விகடன் *நேர்மையாக* இருந்தது.

*வானொலி* நாடகங்களை ரசித்து கேட்டோம்.,

எல்லோரும் *அரசு* *பள்ளிகளில்* படித்தோம்.,

சாலையில் எப்போதாவது *வண்டி வரும்.,* 

தமிழ் ஆசிரியர்கள் தன்நிகரற்று விளங்கினர்.,

மயில் இறகுகள் குட்டி போட்டன, *புத்தகத்தில்* .,

மூன்றாம் வகுப்பிலிருந்து மட்டுமே, *ஆங்கிலம்* .,

ஐந்தாம் வகுப்பு வரை அரைக்கால் *டவுசர்* .,

பேருந்துகுள் கொண்டுவந்து *மாலைமுரசு* விற்பார்கள் .,

எந்த நிறுத்தத்தில் ஏறினாலும் *உட்கார இடம்* கிடைக்கும் பேருந்தில்..,

கொளுத்தும் வெய்யிலிலும் முகமூடி அணியாத [makeup] இல்லா *அழகி* ...

பல வருடம் ஆனாலும் நம் குறும்பை மறந்து , நம்மை மறக்காத *ஆசிரியர்* ...

கூட்டமான பஸ்ல , நா அடுத்த stoppingல எறங்கிருவேன், நீங்க உக்காந்துக்கோங்க என்ற *வார்த்தை* ...

7 கழுதை வயசானாலும் நமக்கு திருஷ்ட்டி சுத்தும் *பாட்டி* ..

பாட்டியிடம் பம்மும் *தாத்தா* ...

எல்லா வீடுகளிலும், *ரேடியோவிலும், கேசட்டிலும்* பாடல் கேட்பது சுகமானது

வீடுகளின் முன் *பெண்கள்* காலையில் கோலமிட்டார்கள், *மாலைப்பொழுதுகளில்* வீட்டின் முன் அரட்டை அடிப்பார்கள்

*சினிமாவுக்கு* செல்ல 2 நாளைக்கு முன்பே திட்டமிடுவோம்

ஆடி 18 *தீபாவளி* பண்டிகையை கொண்டாட்ட ஒரு மாதத்துக்கு முன்பே திட்டமிடுவோம்

பருவ பெண்கள் *பாவாடை* *தாவணி* உடுத்தினர்.,

சுவாசிக்க *காற்று* இருந்தது., *குடிதண்ணீரை* யாரும் விலைக்கு வாங்க வில்லை.,

தெருவில் சிறுமிகள் *பல்லாங்குழி* ஆடுவார்கள். அவர்களை கலாய்த்துகொண்டே நாங்கள் *நுங்கு வண்டி* ஓட்டுவோம்.,

இதை எழுதும் *நான்* ..

படிக்கும் *நீங்கள்* ..

இன்னும் நிறைய இருக்கு இந்த உலகத்துல ரசிக்க ..

கடந்து தொலைந்து போனவை நம் நாட்கள் மட்டுமல்ல.,நம் சுகங்களும்தான் நம்பிக்கைகளும் தான்....

இன்று எல்லாமே

உள்ளங்கையில் கைபேசி வந்து

எல்லாமே கனவாக..... காணாமல் போய் விட்டது....!!

light_dark thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Vaanathai Pola 308

Durai Pandi's face expressed the various emotions that danced on his face starting from shock, anger, irritation, fear and he asked in a hushed and worried voice, ' How is that even possible? we have some of the world's best police departments in our country and a vast information network to go with it and yet you tell me this.'

Sharadha had lost all her fight and feeling like a deflated balloon, she enquired, ' But, you must at least know where he was born, brought up, educated and who his parents are and friends are, right?'

' Yes and no ma'am. From his Aadhaar card, we know that he is from Kumbakonam and that he is 35 years old and that he has been in

Chennai for less than three weeks and ....

Kavita's father Durai Pandi waited for Commissioner Vishwanathan to finish but seeing his hesitation, finished it for him.

' Less than three weeks and in that short time, he has met my daughter, got himself involved in a murder case and is then kidnapped from Apollo hospital where he was being treated and then disappears and reappears today morning at my doorstep.'

Seeing DC Ilavarasan exchange a pointed look with Commissioner Vishwanathan, he said, ' What is it, Mr.Ilavarasan? What else is there for us to know about this mysterious man who seems to have been conjured by some magician and out of thin air?'

Both the IPS officers remained quiet for they were confused with the situation and the lack of information at hand.

Sharadha's voice rose several octaves and tinged with both anger and frustration. ' That's it. Are both of you going to just sit there and say nothing else, knowing very well that my husband is pleading for his only daughter's future?

Minister Durai Pandi Arumugam's face showed no expression where usually expressions danced their way through, be it anger or happiness. But now, his face went grim with thought and with sadness and he looked down at the floor and said, ' I don't know what you officers are thinking but I am thinking not only about the safety and well-being of my daughter but also about the security of my state and my country.'

Both the cops looked at each other and Commissioner Vishwanathan with a startled look, spoke haltingly,' Sir, I am sorry if we have left you frustrated with our lack of information about this person called, Radha Krishnan. But you have us at a total loss by mentioning security and country in the same sentence. What is going on sir?'

Durai Pandi did not answer immediately and instead kept staring at the ground and it was obvious to all three that he was thinking and working on the problem.

Then they saw him lift his head and glance in his wife Sharadha's direction, who slowly stood up and said, ' Kindly excuse me for I have work to do and I will leave you gentleman to sort out this problem.'

She said it but did not leave and Durai Pandi seeing his wife hesitate, looked at her lovingly, ' ammadi, Don't worry. I am here and I promise I will sort it out.'

Sharadha nodded her head subtly and went towards the kitchen.

Minister Durai Pandi Arumugam took his time by thinking more and then he suddenly looked at Vishwanathan, ' Commissioner sir, what will be your first thought, the very first thought that will come to your mind when you take what little we know about this gentleman Radha Krishnan and add to it, one word, just one word?'

Commissioner Vishwanathan shrugged his shoulders and with a smile, ' I guess the thought will be based on that word, sir.'

' Correct. So, what will your thought be when you add the name Ammi to Radha Krishnan's file? What will your first thought be then?'

DC Ilavarasan's mind sped faster than light and his lips blurted out, ' Ammi, that means mother in Urdu.'

Commissioner Vishwanathan's face went pale in shock and realization as his mind connected all that he knew about Radha Krishnan with the word, Ammi and his lips began to mumble confusedly.

' He comes out of nowhere. Lethally trained and I am guessing he must be very good with firearms and weapons. He speaks Urdu and we know nothing about him.'

DC Ilavarasan nearly jumped out of his sofa screaming, ' OMG! He could be a terrorist!'

light_dark thumbnail

Vaanathai Pola 309

Both the police officer's faces clearly exhibited the emotions and turmoil that they felt once the word terrorist had been whispered. For men who wear uniforms and take up the difficult task of protecting the nation and its citizens against enemies both of foreign and domestic nature, the word terrorist means Bombs, explosions, and death on a large scale.

Both, Commissioner Vishwanathan and Deputy Commissioner Ilavarasan turned slowly and looked at each other and saw in the other's eyes the aftermath of terrorist attacks and yet one flared and exploded in their memories.

They had both been still fresh IPS officers, barely out of the academy and still finding their feet in their new postings as Police officers when the LTTE had executed their master plan and had executed a promising young master, the late and former Prime Minister, Rajiv Gandhi.

Minister Durai Pandi's calm voice broke their memories and brought them back to the present moment.

' Terrorist! No. I am sorry but it is too quick to make such a leap of judgment about this man, Radha Krishnan.'

He looked at Commissioner Vishwanathan, ' Please, answer me honestly and from your heart and your gut. Do you think that this man is a terrorist?'

' I am sorry to disappoint you, sir. But, how can I answer such an important question without any prior information on hand?'

' You have met him, sir. You have met him more than a couple of times. Am I correct?'

' Yes, I agree. But, on both the occasions, I had very little time to form an opinion about him.'

' I agree. But, you have been in the department for a long time now. Answer my question with that experience in mind.'

Commissioner Vishwanathan  shook his head wearily, ' I can, but at this moment I dread what my opinion might turn out to be.'

Deputy Commissioner Ilavarasan spoke in an urgent voice, ' Sir, if there is even a whiff of truth, a slight chance that this man could be a terrorist, then I am sorry but we are wasting our time even discussing this issue. Let's bring him in right away and question him and see what he has to say about himself.'

Minister Durai Pandi Arumugam raised his hand and said, ' No, I am sorry but we cannot just arrest a man for speaking Urdu. Imagine the ramifications and the backlash of that from the Muslim community. The elections are right around the corner and the Chief Minister will surely frown on such situations.'

He smiled a weird smile and said, ' And then again there is Minister Kavita Arumugam.'

He looked at both the officers, ' You think she will stand and do nothing while we arrest and take Radha Krishnan into custody.'

' No. I fear not. She will unleash hell on me and all of you.'

He shook his head sadly and wearily, ' gentleman, you don't want her as an enemy. Not her, for I know my child very well. She will not let anyone come between her and her man. Not even me.'

light_dark thumbnail

Vaanathai Pola 310

There was a reason why Deputy Commissioner Ilavarasan was still holding a lower rank than his batchmate Commissioner Vishwanathan and that was his passion for his country and for his duty. In his mind, the safety and security of the common man were paramount and took priority over everything. That applied to his friends, family, and superiors.

Starting from his first posting as an Assistant Commissioner, Ilavarasan had begun his job banging heads against politicians and people with money and power who shared one common trait, Corruption. He had never tolerated people who interfered with him and his duty. Be it ministers and be it the richest of rich people.

Now, he followed his heart and his lips followed his mind and he said, ' I am sorry Minister Durai Pandi Arumugam but I cannot sit and listen to you while our state and country could be in imminent danger from a terrorist attack. I am going to go meet the DGP right away and inform him of this man called Radha Krishnan and if that does not work then I will contact Delhi and the Central Home Minister.'

Commissioner Vishwanathan whispered but in a stern tone, ' Stand down, Ilavarasan, and stay quiet. I still am your boss at this moment. So, let me make the decisions and let me tell you what to do.'

Ilavarasan looked at him angrily, ' Vishy, ennada. How can you remain calm while there might be a potential terrorist roaming around our city right now and that too in close proximity with a state cabinet minister.'

Commissioner Vishwanathan looked at Durai Pandi, ' sir, he has a valid point and there is no denying a clear and present danger with this Radha Krishnan.'

Durai Pandi nodded, ' I agree and that is why I am going to do one better than our DC Ilavarasan. I am going to contact Delhi directly and speak to one man who will mountains in a second for me and for Kavita.'

Both the Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner looked at him in surprise and Vishwanathan asked tentatively, ' you mean you are going to contact the Prime Minister?

' No, someone who is an even a better person, and someone, who I, and all of you can trust your lives with.'

Minister Durai Pandi smiled, ' I am going to call Raman.'

' But sir, our Raman is with Raw and on duty in Delhi' the commissioner said and then added, ' but you are right about Raman for with his new job designation, he can help us right away.'

Deputy Commissioner Ilavarasan with a puzzled look, ' Minister sir, Raman is in Delhi while Radha Krishnan is here. It will take time, valuable time that we just cannot afford to waste right now.'

Minister Durai Pandi Arumugam smiled and leaning back on the sofa relaxedly, ' Raman is in Chennai. Right here and right now.'

He looked at Deputy Commissioner Ilavarasan, ' He is more than a son to me and as far as we are concerned, he is my Vijay who I never lost. Raman will come and he will sort this problem out for me.'

light_dark thumbnail

Vaanathai Pola 311

Dr Subash Rao, MD of Global Hospitals pulled the chair that was next to Raman and sitting in it continued to stare at him with eyes full of curiosity.

Then, he tentatively asked Raman, ' Can I ask you a question to which I might get a better answer if I put it to Jayaprakash our security chief. But..?'

He paused and looked theatrically assuming Raman would jump up and ask, ' But, what' and was surprised to see him just sit and look at him calmly and with an open and inviting look in his eyes.

Subash Rao realizing that his theatrics and boardroom manners would not get the desired answers from Raman dropped his usual ways of dealing with people and asked in a simple and bold manner.

' Mr Raman, why is there so much corruption in our government services,especially in our Police force, the very department that is entrusted with the sacred duty of protecting the public and common man?

Raman remained silent and sat hearing Dr Subash Rao's next question.

' Mr Raman, Isn't it strange and cruel that be it traffic cops or cops from the crime and law and order departments torture and even kill citizens from the middle and lower-middle classes.'

He spread his hands in a manner to indicate, suggest to Raman ( you see this, you know this), ' Don't we see this every day on the streets. A traffic cop stopping two-wheelers, autos, small commercial vehicles carrying water and vegetables and demanding money from them.'

Shaking his head with a bemused smile lighting his face, he looked at Raman and Jp, ' What turns these cops and what makes them get here. By that, I mean, for example, take this Inspector whose arrival we are awaiting. Why can't he just do his job and be done with it and leave quietly? Why does he have to resort to blackmailing us for a crime that we and he himself is not sure has happened and yet his sleazy and slimy eyes are signalling that he expects us to dish out a few lakhs. How is this possible, Mr Raman?

Raman's face as always remained poised and without a flicker of emotion and resulting expression and then he nodded and said, ' A valid point and a very valid question that has to be answered. But....?

He threw a casual but courteous glance at Jayaprakash and then returning his glance to Dr Subash Rao, MD of Global Hospitals, ' sir, could you be kind enough to tell me when your driving licence was renewed?

Dr Subash Rao's eyes opened wide with surprise but Raman pressed on, ' I know the question might be a bit vague at this point but please humour me and answer it for me please.'

' Okay, Let me recollect' Dr Subash Rao said and then replied, ' about a year ago in the nearby Perungudi RTO office. But why do you ask that of me?'

' Please bear with me and also tell me how many times you had to visit the RTO office before you got your licence' Raman asked and Dr Subash nodded and smiled, ' Just once. I knew the RTO officer very well and so I made a call to him and everything was taken care of and my licence was delivered to me right here in this cabin where we are.'

Raman shook his head sadly, ' one visit, one call, one day and you got our licence delivered here. How is that possible, sir?'

Dr Subash Rao, MD of Global Hospitals shrugged his shoulders and replied, ' well, I knew the officer and he knew what a busy person I am and I topped it with a couple of grand and everything was taken care of for me.'

Raman fell silent and stared at the chief and a doctor and said, ' So who is the one who is corrupted, you or the RTO officer? Who bribed who to get his job done quickly?'

Only now it dawned on Dr Subash Rao as to what had just taken place and rather than accept the simple explanation that Raman had delivered, he instead got angry and said in a confrontational manner, ' I am the chief doctor and MD of this place. I am not some common man who can afford to waste precious time over something as petty as a licence when it can be done in a jiffy. I not only run this hospital but also am a surgeon whose skills are in high demand. So, please don't equate me with a common man.'

' So, what you mean by that is that laws and rules can be bent for you and don't apply to people like you?'

light_dark thumbnail

Vaanathai Pola 312

It had been a long time since somebody had shut him up so easily and Raman had done it just like that and this left Dr.Subash, MD of Global hospitals seething anger and fuming in frustration and he stared at his young conqueror with new eyes and tried to conjure up some counter logic to retrieve some of the lost ground in terms of power and respect.

He thought to himself, ' I am a doctor and I cannot be expected to waste my time over such a petty thing as a license' and he looked at Raman and was about to launch an argument in his defense but the mobile phone rang.

Raman looked at his mobile and saw it was Kavita's father Minister Durai Pandi Arumugam who was calling and he immediately looked at both Subash and Jayaprakash and said, ' Please excuse me but this is family and it cannot wait' and answered the call.

' Sir, how are you, sir?'

' I am fine Raman but we will be much better if you dropped in more often, son.'

' I am so sorry for not being able to meet you all regularly, sir. But, you know the nature of my job and my constant travel to Delhi and back.'

' I know Raman and I appreciate all your efforts that you are doing there. We are not privy to most of the stuff that goes on in your neck of woods but some, a little seeps down through the cracks and via the police department.'

Taking a deep breath, Durai Pandi asked softly, ' How is Jeeva doing, Raman? Are they both doing well?'

' Yes sir. Jeeva and our son are doing fine and in perfect health.'

Even though they were separated by nearly 10 km, Raman could feel the mental struggle and anguish that Durai Pandi was experiencing and remained quiet, waiting for the older man to say what he wanted to say and what he felt in his soul.

' Raman, have you named your son?'

' Yes sir. We have named him and it is the same name that is in all our hearts.'

' Raman, please bear with this old broken man and entertain his request.'

' what is your request, sir? Why request when you know I will follow your orders, commands, and thought without any doubt?

Raman waited patiently for Durai Pandi to state his request and seeing the door open he and the other two looked up to see Constable driver Velu enter and immediately Raman raised a finger in a gesture that the constable understood and nodded in return.

Durai Pandi spoke haltingly, ' Raman, please tell me the name of your son?'

A normal person on hearing the request would have thought and wondered, ' what's wrong with the old man and why is he asking this silly question when he already knows the answer for it?'

But, Raman is our hero and heroes are not normal and average people but blessed with immense strength in body, mind, and soul.

Our hero Raman's eyes filled with a film of memories that appeared like tears to the other three who were watching him while pretending not to be watching him.

' Vijay, sir. Vijay Bhaskar.  have named our son after your son and after the brother that we lost.'

' Thank you, Raman. Thank you. The reason I asked you to say his name is because it makes me feel special when you say our Vijay's name. In my heart, I feel him when I talk to you and interact with you.'

Both men fell silent and yet both men felt the thunder of emotions ravaging their souls.

light_dark thumbnail

Vaanathai Pola 313

Gravity. The word gravity and its more precise derivative gravitation come from the Latin word gravitas, from gravis (heavy).

Gravity as we all know is is a natural phenomenon by which all things with mass or energy—including planets, stars, galaxies, and even light are brought toward (or gravitate toward) one another.

Newton sat under the apple tree lost in his thoughts and an apple dropped and so gravity was discovered. So, we know gravity is at work when an apple falls to the ground. Why an apple, take our mobile phone that you and I drop a couple of times every other time and watch it fall to the ground. Earth's gravity at work. The moon held by earth's gravity. Then again our sun which holds us and a billion maybe trillion other objects in its powerful gravity and in place that we call the Solar System.

OMG! Then what holds the sun and its system and all the other stars in the sky. Gravity and our home galaxy called the Milky Way. Now, I bet your thoughts will mirror mine as you struggle to make sense of all the billions of galaxies that make up our Universe and all held by this force called Gravity.

But, on earth, there is a force that is similar to gravity and probably much more powerful than it. Love. Fate. Consequences.

Regardless of insurmountable distances and pitfalls, Humans gravitate towards one another. Specifically, towards one that they were meant to orbit around.

Fate, Karma, Consequences also gravitate towards each other although they have rather long orbits. Meaning, our planet earth goes around the sun in one year while the eighth planet Neptune takes 165 years to do the same orbital journey. Pluto, which was once the ninth planet but hence demoted to its new title of a Dwarf planet in 2006 takes 248 years to go around the sun.

Hey, psst, hold on for I have a shocker. Astronomers have now officially declared an object that was discovered in 2018 and that takes nearly 1000 years to go around the sun and you will fall off your seat when I reveal the object's name.

Farfarout.

It's official: Farfarout is our solar system's most distant known object. The planetoid dubbed Farfarout was first detected in 2018, at an estimated distance of 140 astronomical units (AU) from the sun — farther away than any object had ever been observed. (One AU is the average Earth-sun distance — about 93 million miles, or 150 million kilometers. For perspective, Pluto orbits at an average distance of about 39 AU.)

Everything about life, this so-called existence that we are aware of, whether consciously or unconsciously is a matter up for debate and can be best described as a weird medley that somehow manages to sound good and a potpourri that smells good even though it is made up of a mixture of various plant materials and herbs.

So, here we are in the story of Vaanathai Pola and we have to ask aloud a few questions.

What fate led Afghani Shinogai to meet an Indian Captain, Rajashekar high up in the Himalayas, and what fate drove them apart?

What fate brought Radha Krishnan and Kavita together?

What now brings Raman and all the others together and which will make them walk on one path, together against one mighty enemy?

God? Gravity? Love? Fate or something else. Something called evolution and Mother nature.

Beyond the fourth planet Mars and between it and the mighty Jupiter lies an area that is called the asteroid belt which holds nearly 1.9 million objects ranging in different sizes. Some are specks of dust and pebbles while some are as big as houses. These objects are the remnants, leftovers from the formation of the solar system nearly 4.5 billion years ago.

Then again we have a region beyond the eighth planet Neptune that is called the Kuiper belt and which again holds thousands of objects including the dwarf planet, Pluto.

Yet, we are only aware of the sun, the moon, and few planets.

In the same breath and in the same train of thought, stop and imagine the millions of people who are born every day and the millions who die every day all around the world.

So many. Really, so many humans, and yet only a handful make an impact on this planet and beyond and that which are in most part good and a few bad and fatal.

Every day, I do my best and mostly succeed in facing the sun as it rises and I think to myself, ' A speck of dust. A tiny mortal on a tiny planet and here I am standing before my parent star, my benefactor and I am aware.'

Yes, the word is awareness. What was, was, and is gone but not forgotten?

What is the present, right here and right now, and yet it is a part of the past?

What will be the future which will be guided by the past and the present and that we call fate, karma, and consequences?

Supernatural. Na. Not at all.

Each one of us is an object with force and orbital speed and collisions do invariably happen. It is called love. It becomes Marriage and then the objects travel in on path bound to each other in gravity.

So, you see, be it massive stars, gigantic galaxies, planets and moons, and even tiny mortals, all our orbits are bound and held by gravity, or is it love and fate.

The question now is who the F..k is doing all this? Who holds the key, the masterplan?

Who is rolling the dice?

Let the games begin. Let's play.