Shivangi Joshi's conflicting ages & ITV ageism

usernameyrkkh thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Shivangi Joshi has three different ages floating online.

• 25 (born 1995) : This is the age practically all celebrity profiles list. After quitting Begusarai in 2016, Shivangi mentioned her age as "early 20s". She also once mentioned that she dropped out midway from graduation to become an actor. All lines up till now.
  • 22 (born 1998) : This came up when she had her 18th birthday party after being cast as Naira. Also, she posted about her parents' 23rd wedding anniversary last year. All this doesn't line up with her pre-YRKKH statements.
  • 27 (born 1993) : A couple of years back, someone on Twitter claimed to be Shivangi's school batchmate from Dehradun. They had posted a picture from their yearbook to confirm her year of graduation & thus real age. This age also falls in line with her "early 20s" Begusarai statement. (That person was harassed by her stans, so deleted their account. It might still be available on Wayback Machine)

So I personally feel that safe to assume that Shivangi has silently shaved a few years off her actual age. This is quite sad & disappointing considering how rampant ageism has gotten. I thought the TV industry was different than film, where actors didn't have to regularly pull up stunts like faking linkups, ages, identities, etc to promote their content.

Shivangi looks the way she does, no matter what her real age. So it's very unsettling that even after being young & successful.. She felt that she had to be a freakin TEENAGER to play a young TV bahu. What's this creepy teenage obsession?

Sakshi Tanwar was 27, Smiti Irani was 24, & Ankita Lokhande was 25 when they were cast to become the most iconic ITV bahu's. Shweta Gulati was 25 when she started playing a school student in the insanely popular Remix. Sanaya Irani was also 25 during Mile Jab Hum Tum. So at least the industry wasn't always this way.

It's also disappointing that Shivangi is just another influencer with a huge platform.. Who lied to her impressionable fanbase instead of being truthful about her accomplishments like a real 'role model' should be. But that's a discussion for another time.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ayu_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I don't even know who the hell she is ðŸ¤£

usernameyrkkh thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ayu_12

I don't even know who the hell she is ðŸ¤£

Hahahaa freakin good for you, my friend! 😂

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

There is no way she looked 15-16 during Beinatehaa. She is obviously lying about her age.

usernameyrkkh thumbnail

Star Plus' Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's lead actress

I-SunShine_Soul thumbnail

Originally posted by: usernameyrkkh

Star Plus' Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's lead actress

I'm not from india🤔