Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Here are a few facts irrespective of the truth in this particular case.

- Anyone can be a victim of domestic abuse. It does not matter how rich or famous you are. It does not matter how influential or powerful your parents are. It does not matter how smart or savvy you are. Domestic abusers are emotionally manipulative. They groom their victims, make them vulnerable and dependent, cut them off from their support system. Leaving an abusive relationship can be a very difficult decision and many victims go their entire life never leaving one.

- Abusers can be charming, personable, and appear to be wonderful human beings.

- Abusers can be abusive towards certain people and be completely fine with others.

- Abusers can have cordial and healthy relationships with their children.

- It is not easy to prosecute abusers because you have to prove the crime beyond a reasonable doubt. The longer people wait to report it the harder it becomes to prove. And when victims have been isolated it is difficult to get people to corroborate their stories.

- It is normal for victims of abuse to be disoriented, confuse facts and dates, have difficulty discerning between reality and PTSD nightmares - making it more difficult to prove.

- It is not uncommon for people to do things to please their partners, especially if they fear abuse but later deeply regret it.

- It is very common for pimps to groom their prostitutes by starting out in a relationship with them and then making them sleep with their "friends" for money.

I don't think it's impossible for Karishma Kapoor to have been a victim of domestic abuse. I also think PTSD could make her misrepresent facts. But since I do not know all the facts from both sides, it is impossible for me to discern what is the absolute truth. However, I don't think people make such extreme accusations out of thin air and there has to be a kernel of truth somewhere. This is one of those situations where no one but the parties involved will know the absolute truth.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Forget the husband there was a story of her maybe doing this for film roles in Dubai early on in 90s . Maybe her family knew. Will never know until she writes a book. But Entertainment Industry is very shady place

Edited by Maroonporsche - 3 years ago
1199057 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Talis

Husbands can't share their wives since husbands don't own their wives. Men and women can have open marriages where they agree they can be with other people. This is not what Karisma alleges happened - she's said she was physically forced to be with his friends. That's rape.

The concept of cuckolding is very common in India now, where husbands watch their wives do other men. I think this is what this was, and since Karishma was married for so long, she must have been doing this by her own will. I think something else went wrong in their marriage and so she started accusing him of forcing her.

Samething happend to my cousin, but my cousin ran away from her husband just after 3 months of marriage, because her husband wanted to share her with her friends. My cousin did not agree to being shared, they got a divorce just after 3 months. Karishmas story is very shady.

Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This is just horrible and disgusting. What kind of pig disgusting man is he? I feel bad for her and kids. She never got true love. Babita the greedy mom broke of her engagement with AB and got her married to this jerk in a rebound,

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Is this a brand new interview or rehashed ones from around the time of her divorce?

Her husband forcing her to be raped by his friends is an incredibly serious and damaging accusation? Is she starting to speak up more on domestic abuse and rape and become an advocate for victims’ rights? Or did she just throw this in there for shock value? The latter doesn’t necessarily mean she’s lying but it’s a weird thing to do given that her kids are now old enough to go online and read everything. But if she’s planing to become a serious advocate for victims and start doing talks about domestic abuse then it’s something that will be good for her and her kids.

Honestly, I think Desi Girl might be right in that it was consensual at the time or she didn’t “protest” much then but she feels different now. But I still go back to my point above of why throw this out there against the father of your kids?

It is also not outside of realm of possibilities that she’s lying all together. Their divorce was extremely nasty and their main issue was alimony. They finally reached an agreement and moved on with their lives. Karishma came close to marrying that other rich dude and rumors were when talks of prenup came up they couldn’t agree on things. I guess he wanted to keep his business separate and she wanted a luxury apartment in her name only. Again, rumors.

I know she’s been through a lot in life most of which out of her control. But I’m still baffled as to why she’s accusing the father of her kids of pushing her to get raped if she’s not willing to take it further as an example of standing up for abuse.

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sounds like an old article and it has surfaced again somehow.

monu_tan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Honestly I don’t believe all of this. Karisma is the only one talking here and we don’t know the Sunjay side of story.

And I watched one of Sunjay’s bites during their acrimonious divorce, he said Karisma made sure his father die without seeing his grandchildren even though he was on his deathbed and wanted to see the kids one last time. That’s a very messed up marriage already.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: monu_tan

Honestly I don’t believe all of this. Karisma is the only one talking here and we don’t know the Sunjay side of story.

And I watched one of Sunjay’s bites during their acrimonious divorce, he said Karisma made sure his father die without seeing his grandchildren even though he was on his deathbed and wanted to see the kids one last time. That’s a very messed up marriage already.

Her husband probably a dirtbag but the people in her family don’t seem like saints. Assholes all round probably 😆

palml thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigal90

Exactly. Which is why I think he might have convinced her at some point and looking back she felt it was forced. Usually the truth lies somewhere in between 2 stories.

Convincing is coercion
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I see people saying that how Karishma never knew that Sanjay was a womainzer such bad person etc although he was her mothers friend son. Thats very much possible because many people behave very nice in front of relatives or colleagues and family friend. They have different character personally. Sanjay and his parents may have shown best character in front of world or karishma than after marriage only they know how bad he is.

Remember you are not living 24/7 with a human to know them i and out. Everyone acts very good in front of friends and colleagues. They are completely different in front of close family and classmates. So Karishma may have got to know Sanjay real character only after marriage.

Also Karishma most probably forced by babitha into this marraige. Its not like karishma said i want to marry sanjay, its babitha who told karishma marry sanjay. And Karishmas full life dictated till than by babitha so she just follow moms orders. Babitha seems to take avdantage of daughters husbands and live off them. Saif also got her an apartment i had read. Which self respecting human takes property from son in law? Its obivous karrena married saif because hes a nawab else she care two hoots for him. She acts nice with his mom and sisters only because they are nawab family. Imagine if saif was a layman than Kareena would not be so nice to his sisters or mom or his two kids. They are royal thats why she keeps them in good books. But i am sure behind scenes she definetly advices him to stay away from his first wife and kids. All this drama is for media and society. Going by kareena all fights with so many heroines and heros in career she will not be that adjusting and good as she acts with saif family. Its obivous shes acting for society and for her benefits. Sanjay and his mom are also like babitha and kareena they act goody good in front not when cameras are off or no ones around from public. Karishma seems to not be that cunning like babitha and kareena shes more innocent types so she could not get sanjays real character before wedding. Or may be like movies her mom forced her to marry sanjay for money against her wills.

Than comes answer to cannot kaapors help her. Babitha never had good relation with kapors be it husband randhir whom she cheated or raj kapoor etc. Shes kept karishma and karrena away from family. So although in public they alll act loving for christmas lunch and diwali bashes, in reality the family wants nothing to do with babitha and her daughters. So why would they help karishma in trouble? They will go to your mother and tell her for help do not come here. For all randhir could have stayed with karishma as shes alone with kids but he stays in ancestral house. Or karishma could have gone and stayed with dad and uncles in ancestral house. But its obvious shes not welcome. Its all outwardly show of love etc .

Than comes why karishma bear sanjay for 13 years. Karishma is not educated cannot work now. Movies will not give her job in this age. Her mom and sister have spent all her earning or majority earnings of 90s royally on their luxury life and not saved enough for karishma. For all babitha was handling her bank balance and not karishma till she married so there is not much money from earnings left. Further look at karishma family men raj kapoor multi womanizer, rishi kapoor womaizer, ranbir kapoor womanizer etc. So karishma thinks all men are womanizer because she has only such exmaples from family in life. Thats why she stayed with sanjay 12 years

While i know karishma is no saint but i syympathize with her. Bcause shes worked her ass off in 90s and early 2000s to give good life to babitha and kareena. These two ungrateful humans are not good mother or sister very selfish people. They lived off her nicely and even forced her to marry a womanizer because hes business man and when he started troubling her refused to help her. That made her very lonely and she was forced to adjust with abusive husband for 12 or 13 years without her own will. I have seen such cases around. If Karishma was such a bad human she would never have allowed mom and sister such luxurious life out of her earnings. Taking them on foreign tours, karrena even wasted karishma money going to us for a computer course or some course and left half way. Everything is not black and white in world. I see very less of karishmas fault in her marriage or life and more of her mothers and husbands. The only fault of karishma is she was scared to live alone or make decision alone because her mother has brought her up in such tight control. So she waited 5-7 years for sanjay to become better.

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago