Do you like Farah Khan's films?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Khan's films serve as a mashup of multiple genres including action, comedy, musical, dramatic, and caper film formats. I am intrigued by her crucial spoofing of Bollywood and its myriad conventions.

I must say, I find her films breezy and entertaining and good one-time watches. I call them good commercial films.

I didn't like Happy New Year because I think it was too farcical. But I have liked most of her other films.

What is your opinion of her brand of cinema?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

most of her films are a box office hit and entertaining no brainer though

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

I like Main Hoon na and OSO

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I only liked Main Hoon Na, Others sucked big time

Lulzbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Main Hoon Na was good. Rest were trash.

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I watch them for the gags. They are generally well written and are genuinely laughworthy and usually pay homage to old favorites. The filmi gags in Om Shanti Om reveal Farah's love(and knowledge) of films from back in the day. Like when seniors SRK and Shreyas rag new actor Govinda about his lack of a famous surname like Kapoor or Khanna.And who can forget Tees Maar Khan where Mister India's son Master India uses his father's powers for robbing jewellery from the rich? Especially relevant since today's crop of young actors seem to think that DDLJ is the first and last word of classics. There's this barely concealed feeling of snobbery or ignorance of anything older.Just watched an old roundtable with Tara, Geethika and the new young things on the block. These gals either are clueless or seem to think that they have invented the brand new "realistic" acting.