Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TakingAStand2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

I have followed sush’s career for a long time, and he has always been a great actor/dancer. But, the one performance that always stayed with me was when he danced to Luka Chuppi in honour of his mom. It was so bittersweet, such a real, raw performance, it moved everyone to tears. It summed his life, and relationships with his mom and his survival in this world without her so beautifully. At that time too, you could tell he was so talented, and a standout performer.

Every time I watch it, it moves me. ❤️❤️❤️

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: RunParoRun

Oh man, I didn't realize this. I remembered he talked about his mom but didn't know she passed away. His father, omg I can't even imagine experiencing so much loss in one life. Thanks for correcting that. 

the thought scares me the poor old guy loss his wife and young son😭in one lifetime the man is suffering immense pain first his wife now his young unmarried son how will the poor man live w/o the strong pillars of his existence one is already gone, his son was the pillar of his existence now he is too gone the poor father would have gone into flashback when his son was born on 21st Jan 1986 when he first time carry his son and kiss him all these would be flashing the poor father's soul

he must be crying thinking it was his time to go and his son should be lighting his funeral pyre but he got cheated by his own son he gone too soon and give him the biggest pain of any father that is lighting his own son funeral pyre

what a fate for the poor father he was the first one to carry his son when he was born and now his son made him the first to do his final rites...no parents should go through this pain of a lifetime that can never be heal

Edited by Mages - 3 years ago
IFrozenl thumbnail

Originally posted by: roni_berna

I can't digest the fact that he is no more. To write "was" instead of "is" makes me shiver. They updated his wiki page too and it's something I can't believe how soon they edited it to "was".

It breaks my heart to see his photo and then the DOB and DOD.. It just doesn't sit write to me. It's been 24 hrs now and I still can't believe he's no more.. 

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

This news has been one Th e most shocking one among the past 2020 mews... Sushant was always so lovely, joyous, had a zeal for life... who knew the pain and turmoil behind that sweet smile... he was talented, a good human... sad that BW couldnt treasure such a talent but instead mocked him and his work... spread various stories... He was too good for the industry and hope he is in a better place... many people’s eyes are moist and their heart is heavy... as he has been so close to us since his television days... RIP...

Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
IndigoBlues thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

(copying this from my FB post)

There's a lot of depressing commentary on the Internet about why SSR did what he did, whether it was influenced by nepotism, etc. I don't want to go into that. I thought of writing a slightly more positive post analysing his contribution to the industry and the legacy he has left behind for aspiring actors.

It should be kept in mind that Sushant's achievements were not just about him being an outsider. It's also that it's harder for male outsiders to break into the industry than women. This is not to say that Bollywood is by any means a woman friendly industry. Actresses have their own share of casting couch problems. But I've noticed that as a general trend models and beauty pageant winners have a greater chance of being noticed than male aspirants.

It can be argued that this is not necessarily true and that the industry has also given chances to Irfan, Nawazuddin, Rajkummar, etc. However it should be kept in mind that these people usually do avant garde work (indie films, art cinema) and hence are not seen as 'threatening' by industry insiders. Even when they are given commercial roles, it's usually as part of an ensemble cast or as the supporting hero/villain. Up until recently, the only 'outsiders' dominating the commercial solo hero space off the top of my head were Akshay and SRK. It's only recently that you've had Sushant, Sid M, Ayushmann, Karthik coming in.

Perhaps this is also why the PR and gossip about them is deliberately hyped up and problematized as compared to similar egregious behaviour by industry insiders. We see Sushant, Kartik and the like as being downmarket, troublemakers, over the top, playboys and if they make friends with insiders they are suck ups, but we never subject film industry kids to the same scrutiny (male kids especially, though we do mock Ananya and Alia for their tone deaf comments).

It should also be kept in mind that it's hard for TV actors to transition to Bollywood. Apart from nepotism issues, not everyone has the required screen presence. Just being good-looking is not enough, feature films require a different level of charisma (though it can be argued that with OTT this need not matter anymore). Sushant was one of the few who were able to break this barrier and a set a precedent for the entry of other TV personalities into Bollywood.

The intention of this post is not to glorify/sanitize him or take away from the tragedy of what has happened. But we should remember that he should not be reduced to being simply another Bollywood tragedy. He's also left behind a stunning legacy for other actors who are trying to find their place in the industry.

briahna thumbnail

loved him in Kedarnath. i saw that movie twice in theaters

he will be missed

RIP

❤️

Dexterlove thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Loved him in Dhoni,Sonchiriya.

RIP Sushant

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

https://youtu.be/58r8MDf5sxQ

This is my fav song of Sushant. He looked so handsome and endearing. He made such simple dance moves larger than life. Compare it to Sara who barely moved or enhanced the steps 

I absolutely love this song. Every time I come across it I have to remind it over and over. RIP 💔💔