Removal Of Inactive Members

Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Can we have a system, whereby the inactive members are removed automatically from the forum. Some just register to read the updates and also copy to some other sites/forums.

Barbie

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Anonymous_ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

haha!!lol!!😆

like Vijay would ever do that!!Dude...we are trying to reach 20,000 here...not go lower😆

I mean yeah they might not post...but like who cares...we are getting more popular by the minute....and we cant jepordize our chances for reaching the top just cause some members are inactive😊

JinK thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

In my opinion, it wouldn't be a fair idea. Look at the members who have just returned - such as Naina for one. What if she returned to IF and then found out that she had been banned for no reason except for staying away from the site for a few days?

Cheers!
JinK

Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I am only talking of members who don't participate and just register for the sake of it..It's not a matter of staying away, Jinx!
|iami5o4| thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
How about just sending all the inactive members an email asking them wheter or not they want to be part of the India-Forums and if not then their account will be automatically deleted.
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
well whats wrong with leaving them as it is?.............Vijay is trying to get more IF members and deleting them would decrease it..........their membership to IF isnt bothering us so just let them br inactive...except multiple identities...that shudnt b allowed
SiMz thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: |iami5o4|

How about just sending all the inactive members an email asking them wheter or not they want to be part of the India-Forums and if not then their account will be automatically deleted.

Thats a good idea. I looked at the Members List and many members have 0 posts.

I know we're trying to reach a goal, but whats the use if many of them don't participate?

*Anjali* thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

I see what you mean Barbie about the problem of copied updates, but the thing is that removing inactive members wouldn't necessarily solve the problem. Anyone could copy updates, from an IF-Dazzler to a Newbie. Being inactive or having no posts doesn't necessarily mean they could be copying updates. Due to everyone's personal lives and circumstances, it's not always possible to logon daily and we shouldn't penalize them if they can't.

Also it's understandable that some people may be too shy to post. I know I was really shy and it actually took some courage on my part to make my first post...😳, so I don't think we should penalize them either.

We're almost at 20,000 members now and sending out individual e-mails just wouldn't be feasible…

Hopefully we'll find a good solution to the problem of copying updates. A lot of our Coolbies have put messages at the beginning of their updates urging others to please not copy and lets hope that people heed these warnings and think twice before copying the hard work of our updaters.<></>
greatmaratha thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Sometime earlier, there was a discussion to make the updates posts as a read only post. Maybe reviving that would be a good option. That way, people wont b able to copy from them anymore.
Maybe, like how it is done on photographs, a water mark could be added on the background for the updates threads saying it is India Forums so that whoever copies it, copies it with the watermark.

(By watermark, I mean, like in my avtaar, sunny has created my username to appear on the photograph... i dont know the exact nomenclature for it, but this is what I meant.)
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
. I too agree that its unfair to delete inactive members. A lot of people are busy and do not have time to watch the show so they come here and if they do not have time to watch the show they sure are not going to make time to post something although I think thanks for the updates would be appreciated from each and every member at some point of time.