Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: ~*sindhu*~

Why sign someone in a movie only to make them feel like they weren't needed. 

In the context of the scene with 3 guys walking around with gun blazing she’s worried about how I look. Whatever’s Rohits vision is for this film in that scene he don’t care about how she looks. An he was too blunt. A simple Katrina this particular scene isn’t about your looks would’ve been fine. 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 4 years ago
~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

In the context of the scene with 3 guys walking around with gun blazing she’s worried about how I look. Whatever’s Rohits vision is for this film in that scene he don’t care about how she looks. An he was too blunt. A simple Katrina this particular scene isn’t about who would’ve been fine. 

I would have agreed with that if he just told her that nobody will care about her blinking in this scene which is true actually. But what he said was nobody will be looking at her, well in that case he is a shitty director who doesn't know how to utilise his cast members that he has written in a scene.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: tina59

The same Rohit Shetty wouldn't have dared to say NO to an Akshay or Ajay had they asked for a re-shoot of the scene.

He is a loser, the way he showed Sara in Simmba, pretty sure he must have shown Katrina the same way in this one.

Because in that particular scene Ajay/akshay/Ranveer have the most Focus. So if they did make a mistake a reshoot would be needed. 

maal_u_have thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: zara321

he cud have just said no one will notice katrina blinking so thats why he didn't need to do another take, but i don't know why he had to reveal that he said no one will notice katrina in that scene, he just completely shot himself in the foot by saying that, i don't know what kind of a reaction he thought he would get by saying that, and now that he has seen the reaction he must be completely regretting he said it, thats why that part of the article has been edited out 

yeah exactly.. I mean if I was in his shoes, I would have not reshot the scene either because it's such a minor thing.. but why did he have to word it like that?? His internal misogyny probably made him think it was fine to say such things publicly, I can just imagine him telling the interviewer that story like it was some funny joke 🤢 he did not expect the backlash though haha.. how quickly he made them take it out, but kya faayda? people had already taken screenshots of that answer 😆

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: jhopadpatti

yeah exactly.. I mean if I was in his shoes, I would have not reshot the scene either because it's such a minor thing.. but why did he have to word it like that?? His internal misogyny probably made him think it was fine to say such things publicly, I can just imagine him telling the interviewer that story like it was some funny joke 🤢 he did not expect the backlash though haha.. how quickly he made them take it out, but kya faayda? people had already taken screenshots of that answer 😆

Yeh even tho they edited it out many people took screenshots and it spread, with the internet and social media once something is out there it spreads and cant be deleted. I just dont understand how rohit thought this was ok to say, how could he not think it would get any backlash?

Edited by zara321 - 4 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: zara321

, how could he not think it would get any backlash?

Maybe in his mind he was simply telling an actor their thinking too much about Themselves. Still telling the media any of this really should’ve been avoided. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Because in that particular scene Ajay/akshay/Ranveer have the most Focus. So if they did make a mistake a reshoot would be needed. 

Dude no one is saying Rohit should have listened to her.  Katrina probably was being overly picky or critical of herself by worrying about a blink. Problem here is the way Rohit responded to her.  “No one will notice you” is at the very least rude, at worst very demeaning, not to mention sexist in this context.  Add to it the fact that he probably said it within ear shot of everyone else like Akshay, Ajay, Ranveer and other crew members most of whom probably are men.  It’s just humiliating.  

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Maybe in his mind he was simply telling an actor their thinking too much about Themselves. Still telling the media any of this really should’ve been avoided. 

Even if he said it to Katrina or thought it in his mind he shud have avoided saying it in an interview to avoid a backlash, I dont know why he felt the need to reveal such stuff, it's his own fault that the backlash is happening 

If katrina revealed this incident then I would understand, but I dont understand how rohit thought he can get away with saying it 

Edited by zara321 - 4 years ago
hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

He revealed his internal misogyny and disrespect for Katrina and women in general. Nobody even needed to know this but he told the story like he was so proud of himself for putting that dumb actress in her place. As in 'haha, look at her thinking she matters. What a dummy!!" 

No but I do understand He was trying to finish shooting his scene. But obviously should’ve had more tact in the way he explained to her. An telling all this to media is really dumb on his part 

THANKYOU!!....this is the whole point...even if had to do it....no problem but then to come out and joke/brag about this was downmarket cheap.🤢