Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

ayushman movies have the best character actors

the 2 dads were so funny

not so much ayushman and his bf

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I didn't like it......it seemed over inspired by too many of Ayushmann's own movies.

Kuch toh originality lao yaar

It would be really disappointing if they show that Ayushmann's character is merely acting as gay to save his friend from his wedding. 

Silver lining is they didn't show gay men in derogatory light - even though I am personally not a fan of crass humour like that joke about an erection. Also yes, another good thing is it's finally becoming mainstream, so I hope more movies follow and it becomes the norm.

FreeBird03 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Loved it!

watching in theater for sure!

GumGum thumbnail

Looks like Kishan Kumar will be handling all these non-T-Series brand T-Series films. 

GumGum thumbnail

90s ka hero, Gulshan's younger brother. 90s mein Gulshan ko kaun pehchante the? Kishan used to be the face of T-Series.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: zoinks

Yes, it looked like Ayushman is not actually gay but has come here to save his gay friend from getting married to a girl. Shayad wahi hai story.

Yeah thought so. He seemed too extra. Like that old pepsi ad with Ranbir and Saqib

GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: McGorgeous

Yeah thought so. He seemed too extra. Like that old pepsi ad with Ranbir and Saqib

Or SRK with Kantaben.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: zoinks

Or SRK with Kantaben.

Oh yeah Kantaben. 

Don't think this will work though. So many people walked out of Ek ladki and that was just a hug. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Kudos to Ayushmann for taking on big risks. 

ELKDTAL was overly cautious. It felt like the makers were worried about ruffling too many feathers of Indian audiences and kept the lesbian romance tame and sanitized. SMJS appears to be taking a big risk by being more open about gay romance. 

I get the criticism that the character, humor, and settings are very reminiscent of some of Ayushman's other movies. It does seem lazy and lacking creativity. But it also makes sense. He's carved out a niche. And I think the small-town middle class LGBTQ community needs more support and representation. 

I cracked up at "dolby waali bimari" "baap to battery pe chalte hai" and "Arjun". Here's hoping that the rest of the movie is hilarious and proves to be a hit. May it be a stepping stone to more LGBTQ representation.