Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: MeghnaGhosh

Thank you so much for this πŸ˜³

I literally had to search the thread for these gifs πŸ˜† but it was worth it!!

@bold my most fav part too especially after knowing that both these actors and characters are going to part away from themselves and from us very soon πŸ˜­

LOL you're welcome :) Sorry, the thread moved kinda fast yesterday, so I guess the gifs got pushed to the back. 

Thanks for the reminder to gif this scene btw....I got into the scene more while gif-ing it than I had in the first watch.

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: naq5

Ok so I managed to watch the episode and babita did really say that she wanted to get PB reach heights only to show ashok and now that she has HS and mini with her it's a slap on ashoks face.πŸ€” That is why mini right fully asked that she was with her all along when did she go to ashok. HS seemed equally disappointed. I dont know if mini now feels that hers and ashoks relation was ruined because of the divorce and she supporting babita. I mean she stood like a rock with babita even if it meant loosing out on a father and here babita dosent even respect it. Does babita realise that it was minis strength that she moved out of the house with her and struggled with her , maybe another child would have chosen safety and comfort and stayed in ashoks house with grandparents or gone off to study in some other city in a hostel leaving all the mess behind. I dont like it how babita thinks that whatever mini did for her was her duty where as it should have been other way round. I also dont like it the way she keeps telling it was majboori. As far as I know she decided to earn to take minis responsibility and for her education.  Was mini a majboori for her then that given the chance she wants to get free from it. IDK how mini would feel about it whenever she says this.

I dont know how HS babita marriage is going to survive like this. And why should HS be the one having to think of babita and putting her first always. I wish he just walks out, if mini walks out on a bad note

LOL yes, Babita did really say that.....tumhein lagaa hum mazaak kar rahe hain? πŸ˜›πŸ˜†....I facepalmed when I heard her say ki dekho Ashok-Meeta ke rishte ka haal while I have Mini and HS. 

That is when it finally got through to HS also ki Babita ka dimaag kitna kharaab hua padaa hai. 

Babita knows everything Mini did for her but it is in Babita's nature to start taking her loved ones for granted....she's done it many times before with Mini also about other things.....so it's not that surprising that she feels entitled towards Mini's support and doesn't value it as something Mini did by going above and beyond.  Babita is doing the same thing with HS as well...she behaves in an entitled manner and expects that everything he does for her is expected.....not something he makes special efforts for. 

What's happening with Ashok's letter is Babita's insecurity rising again.....she's a fundamentally insecure woman who isn't secure in her own ability to hold on to her relationships so she does extreme things like burning the letter or lashing out at others around her.  At the first hint that Mini even wants to communicate with Ashok, Babita lost it and started taunting Mini cuz of her own insecurities.  Ultimately Babita is a trauma victim.....for some people, when life gives them deep scars and big losses, they become like this only....fear and bitterness consumes them....that is what is happening with Babita too....her fear causes her to lash out even at her loved ones and invariably push them away even as she's trying to cling to them out of fear of losing them. 

HS-Babita's marriage can't survive long term like this....I think he's kidding himself if he thinks he can spend his entire life just going along with whatever she demands....it's not his natural self.....and whenever conflicts will arise, without a Mini around to mediate, these fights will escalate for sure. Unless HS ki personality fundamentally changes, he learns to keep his mouth shut and constantly keep apologizing to Babita, this marriage can't survive. And whatever will survive will be a hollow shell.

AreYaar thumbnail

I finally watched that KC epi convo of HS-Mini.....I'd been so pissed off by the precap before that epi that I actually stopped watching the show completely for some daysπŸ˜†......and I'd forgotten about that scene until Jean mentioned it a few pages back again so I figured I should go watch it now. 

The way they'd set up the scene in the precap had just given me such bad vibes.....but the actual scene was surprisingly good and nuanced. I wish the story hadn't dragged in ambivalence for so long before this that it sapped our patience in trying to watch the scenes for themselves. 

Cuz otherwise there was so much scope to explore HS sharing the parallels of his equations with his father to that of Mini's with Ashok....this chapter deserved more build up in flow rather than randomly being brought up in the middle of this mess of a marriage that HB have......it deserved the kind of build up that the opening of HS ki mom ka room got. But oh well. 

I liked how the scene began with HS hesitatingly thanking her for speaking up for him in front of Babita.....that little bit said so much about what he yearns for.....the Mini who was always in his corner. Then the reference to khari baatein....and when Mini expressed her hurt that he only likes her khari baatein per convenience, it again struck a nerve and showed the hurt that is on both sides of this relationship.....they are both hurt and let down about different things but unable to bridge the gap. The very fact that there is still hurt shows that there is immense love and expectations....for all the talk of acceptance and "survival", those expectations still exist.....the expectations of being fully accepted and UNDERSTOOD by each other....he wants her acceptance and understanding and she wants him to understand her and trust her like before.....sigh. 

Coming to the Ashok part of the conversation....yes, it was a setup for the letter that was to arrive soon but regardless, the build up was good....it made sense that HS would bring it up as a parallel to his own complicated equation with his father. 

What struck me about this convo is the thought that some relationships, no matter how much they hurt you and traumatize you don't really get "closure" until the body leaves this earth.....that is when some thread finally snaps.....otherwise for all the talk of not caring, compartmentalizing, moving on....somewhere a thread keeps you connected to some people.....only death brings closure.  HS got that closure only once his father died. 

With Mini, the lack of communication has added to the festering of the deep internal wound rather than getting closure.  No matter what, it pinches her that Ashok never even tried to talk to her on his own once......it was easier for her to focus on the pain he gave to Babita cuz it was easier to pass a judgement and draw conclusions based on that. For her own level, she never got to communicate her own pain to him....so it festers deep inside. 

The other bits I liked in this scene were HS maturely pointing out that there are two perspectives in every relationship.... like Mini can observe even between him and Babita.....that was a glimpse of the old HS who maturely explained life and relationships to Mini. 

Finally having watched this scene now does make me think even more that he will encourage Mini to get her answers and find closure somehow. 

Now I'm more curious to see what the final conversation about the letter will be. This KC scene laid a lot of emphasis on Mini feeling hurt that Ashok never tried to communicate with her....well here's a communication now....and it's bound to cause fallout. 

Is sab mein HS ke fatherly feelings ko closure milega ki nahin.....that's the enduring mystery.....lol he talked so much about his feelings for his own father.....Mini's feelings for her father......but never talked about his own fatherly feelings for Mini.  

AreYaar thumbnail

@bold exactly! and the PH did give them some reconcilliation even though Nanhi had grown up...yaha toh mujhe lagta nahi woh milega even though its Ashnoor only. so it would have been so much more special 

Haan, there it worked cuz they could still use her as little Nanhi for FBs even if they had a new actress for the grown version.  Basically it just drove home the point that the Kunal-Ashnoor chemistry was on another level and new Nanhi couldn't match itπŸ˜†

With HS-Mini here....well it depends on how the writers end this season.....HS as a character has had an immense influence on Mini's life.....just like Nanhi had an immense influence on Mohan's life so bringing her back for some scenes made sense.  If the writers can write some good scenes, it would be nice to see AD back for one off scenes with Ashnoor also.  But I guess it's hard to coordinate schedules once people leave. 

I just can't fathom any new characters they can add that would live up to these bonds.....they will likely rely a lot on throwbacks and parallels for this season 2 story. 

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AreYaar

LOL yes, Babita did really say that.....tumhein lagaa hum mazaak kar rahe hain? πŸ˜›πŸ˜†....I facepalmed when I heard her say ki dekho Ashok-Meeta ke rishte ka haal while I have Mini and HS. 

That is when it finally got through to HS also ki Babita ka dimaag kitna kharaab hua padaa hai. 

Babita knows everything Mini did for her but it is in Babita's nature to start taking her loved ones for granted....she's done it many times before with Mini also about other things.....so it's not that surprising that she feels entitled towards Mini's support and doesn't value it as something Mini did by going above and beyond.  Babita is doing the same thing with HS as well...she behaves in an entitled manner and expects that everything he does for her is expected.....not something he makes special efforts for. 

What's happening with Ashok's letter is Babita's insecurity rising again.....she's a fundamentally insecure woman who isn't secure in her own ability to hold on to her relationships so she does extreme things like burning the letter or lashing out at others around her.  At the first hint that Mini even wants to communicate with Ashok, Babita lost it and started taunting Mini cuz of her own insecurities.  Ultimately Babita is a trauma victim.....for some people, when life gives them deep scars and big losses, they become like this only....fear and bitterness consumes them....that is what is happening with Babita too....her fear causes her to lash out even at her loved ones and invariably push them away even as she's trying to cling to them out of fear of losing them. 

HS-Babita's marriage can't survive long term like this....I think he's kidding himself if he thinks he can spend his entire life just going along with whatever she demands....it's not his natural self.....and whenever conflicts will arise, without a Mini around to mediate, these fights will escalate for sure. Unless HS ki personality fundamentally changes, he learns to keep his mouth shut and constantly keep apologizing to Babita, this marriage can't survive. And whatever will survive will be a hollow shell.

That sense of entitlement is in every Khurana, even the ex. HS used to complain from early days that mother-daughter take him for granted, use him as a punching bag, (and now apparently Babita has been using him to get back at Ashok...Jeez where did that come from?).

Her scars are too deep to heal and the pre-cap made me think back to the episode where Minnie asks HS if they should call off the wedding, to which he responds that sometimes the best way to help people like Babita cope with the gaanthein is to give them more and more love. It's another matter that Babita doesn't get this or that HS and Minnie's version of showering Babita with love means giving in to her tantrums or doing ji hazuri. 

I think we are seeing exactly what HS foresaw in the jhumka scene and then talked to Lala about in the police station in the now (in)famous Amrit Manthan dialogue. HS is only human and he will either become extremely bitter himself or retreat into his shell and remain a husband on a superficial level if Babita fails to understand the depth of emotions and delicate nature of their marriage. It's just ironic and tragic that before mother-daughter came into his life he was living for the sake of it, a shell of his former self, as he drowned himself in the grief of losing Imarti and everything else in his life, and now with this so-called second chance he is going to 'lose' the love he thought he had, as well as Minnie too. 

He can't survive this, losing his 'jeene ki aakhri umeed', i.e. a happy family. I won't be surprised if he dies of grief, if you know what I mean. There's only so much trauma he can take in 37 years of his life and it would be a fitting end to his character. 

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

@Anu, your post about the KC scene nearly made me cry. I will take my time to give you a response because there's so much I wanna discuss there. 

And yeah, I read that scene exactly the same way you did. 

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

Her scars are too deep to heal and the pre-cap made me think back to the episode where Minnie asks HS if they should call off the wedding, to which he responds that sometimes the best way to help people like Babita cope with the gaanthein is to give them more and more love. It's another matter that Babita doesn't get this or that HS and Minnie's version of showering Babita with love means giving in to her tantrums or doing ji hazuri. 

This is one thing that has disappointed me. I liked HS's point about showering Babita with the love and security needed to heal her wounds and help her come out of her shell....but he didn't seem to realize that showering with love does not mean to allow tantrums and misbehavior for the heck of it and blindly give in to someone's over unreasonable demands also.....that is where he messed up with Babita. 

I wonder sometimes if their relationship would have stood a better chance if he found a way to give her love but balance it with discipline and push backs against her tantrums also.  Woh na kar paaya Hanuman Singh.....he loves a lot but he isn't always able to balance his love with honesty for fear of hurting people......and with that, he somehow does both them and himself a disservice. 

I think we are seeing exactly what HS foresaw in the jhumka scene and then talked to Lala about in the police station in the now (in)famous Amrit Manthan dialogue. HS is only human and he will either become extremely bitter himself or retreat into his shell and remain a husband on a superficial level if Babita fails to understand the depth of emotions and delicate nature of their marriage. It's just ironic and tragic that before mother-daughter came into his life he was living for the sake of it, a shell of his former self, as he drowned himself in the grief of losing Imarti and everything else in his life, and now with this so-called second chance he is going to 'lose' the love he thought he had, as well as Minnie too. 

Yes, HS did correctly gauge what was to come with the jhumka scene.....Babita has a dark side to her and can get ruthless in her zidd and ego. She deserved an apology from him for what he said...but the WAY she got that apology....the transactional nature of it was what left a bad taste.....and HS understood right then only that her scars are so deep that he will have to be the one who will have to step up more....she won't....instead, she will destroy everything in a stroke of impulse at any point. Given the way she made a simple jhumka gift a wedge issue, one could tell that at any future point also where she wouldn't get her way, she would be quite willing to throw everything away. 

And here we are.....HS gave her all this love and affection after marriage...she felt happy and content in all that....but it didn't change her fundamental nature....any moment in between where he wouldn't agree with her and give in to what she wanted, she would accuse him of not caring, would demand proofs of his love for her or Mini. 

She isn't capable of understanding marriage and relationships like that.....it will always be surface level with her. 

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago
MG_Inactive thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

LOL you're welcome :) Sorry, the thread moved kinda fast yesterday, so I guess the gifs got pushed to the back. 

Thanks for the reminder to gif this scene btw....I got into the scene more while gif-ing it than I had in the first watch.

πŸ€— anytime. am glad we did it!!

MG_Inactive thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Haan, there it worked cuz they could still use her as little Nanhi for FBs even if they had a new actress for the grown version.  Basically it just drove home the point that the Kunal-Ashnoor chemistry was on another level and new Nanhi couldn't match itπŸ˜†

With HS-Mini here....well it depends on how the writers end this season.....HS as a character has had an immense influence on Mini's life.....just like Nanhi had an immense influence on Mohan's life so bringing her back for some scenes made sense.  If the writers can write some good scenes, it would be nice to see AD back for one off scenes with Ashnoor also.  But I guess it's hard to coordinate schedules once people leave. 

I just can't fathom any new characters they can add that would live up to these bonds.....they will likely rely a lot on throwbacks and parallels for this season 2 story. 

@bold true never, Kunal Ashnoor were just pure magic and Jayshree could never be able to live upto that, the innocence was lost too!

Yes don't know what ending HS-Mini would get and if they can ever bring them back together πŸ˜’

AreYaar thumbnail

Yes don't know what ending HS-Mini would get and if they can ever bring them back together πŸ˜’

Based on the leap promo, it seems like all issues will be resolved before this season ends. 

So maybe HS-Mini will finally get over all lingering awkwardness and find peace in their relationship post the closure of this Ashok issue for Mini πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ