Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

can we stop making excuses for the so called small stars?? Ad hominem isn't always an ideal path tbh.

But that's what it is. Har big stars ke closet Mai aise skeletons hai.. 

Priyanka Sharukh Ajay all did guthka ads.

Sharukh Shahid did fairness ads.

So many celebs did carbonated soft drinks and probably decades from now. Future generation will call them stupid for doing it. Coz society will be more aware of the poison of CSDs. Will they owe an explanation too?

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Pain-in-ur-Neck

Even if it's a valid issue in India, why would she care? End of the day everyone wants to make money and given a chance most don't give a damn how they influence the society as long as the flow is well ... take any celebs, most of them are self centered and focus is money and success! None care about real issues and some even "use" real issues to their own advantage! 

Plus she never said in the interview she shouldn't be trolled or mocked for it! 

My point isn't her tbh, what she said is stupid, fairness cream can change words like fair with glow or brightness, isn't going to change anything anyways. But that is okay, she is entitled to it. My point is why someone questioning her stupid reasoning being questioned in this thread, by saying "oh but she is just doing her job". I get it and ofcourse everyone with two brain cells, can get it why she is saying that, and probably doesn't believe in it herself. Questioning her doesn't mean it is always about agenda(leftist, brown victim playing, SJW or political correctness bullshit). That is my point.

Also you are right, no one cares about this issue, not even forumites, replace Yami with big actresses like Kangana, Deepika, Alia, Katrina or Anushka, and I am sure tunes here will change. Maybe I will be defending them lol.

flipfl0p thumbnail

Did not watch the video. But artists need not be social activists. There is a market (she did not create it). There is an endorsement opportunity and she is an “actor”. Not all actors who endorse a product believe in those product. Do all lux beauties use Lux in real?

If it is harmful for the society, then govt should ban it (like gutka ads). It is not artist’s responsibility (someone else would replace them in ad).

Arshi1195 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

She is pathetic with that answer

Deviant_Pixel thumbnail

People have really gone in for her when major celebs have been doing these ads, with a mere mention. If you interview SRK will you ask him every time about fairness ads? Then why should she be subjected to the same.

No doubt these ads are problematic but only one or two people are being questioned for this as if they are criminals and the mastermind behind these ads. 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zeal17

But that's what it is. Har big stars ke closet Mai aise skeletons hai.. 

Priyanka Sharukh Ajay all did guthka ads.

Sharukh Shahid did fairness ads.

So many celebs did carbonated soft drinks and probably decades from now. Future generation will call them stupid for doing it. Coz society will be more aware of the poison of CSDs. Will they owe an explanation too?

I don't get why you are bringing in other stars?? Yes they are also equally involved as Yami in creating a false perception of certian products, and should be questioned about it. They aren't questioned or maybe they have been(I dunno know), but if they also made stupid justifications due to contract obligations or ego, than they would be ridiculed too. It's a simple thing, why are we making it a big star small star thing, and diverting the issue from Yami and her stupid justification to something else.

Zeal17 thumbnail

Millenium Squad

I don't get why you are bringing in other stars?? Yes they are also equally involved as Yami in creating a false perception of certian products, and should be questioned about it. They aren't questioned or maybe they have been(I dunno know), but if they also made stupid justifications due to contract obligations or ego, than they would be ridiculed too. It's a simple thing, why are we making it a big star small star thing, and diverting the issue from Yami and her stupid justification to something else.

Ok wil try to keep my post limited to only Yami this time. 😆

The point i am trying to make is that she doesn't need to justify. Fairness creams once upon a time in society meant about becoming fair. Indians were/are obsessed with fair skin. I dont judge her for doing those ads.  She was on a path of becoming successful and doing advertisements is far better than some of the shit things other might have done to become successful. Also, we should stop putting celebs in some moral-social podium every time.

PS: She is not my favorite just in case you or anyone wants to call me a blind fan.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zeal17

Ok wil try to keep my post limited to only Yami this time. 😆

The point i am trying to make is that she doesn't need to justify. Fairness creams once upon a time in society meant about becoming fair. Indians were/are obsessed with fair skin. I dont judge her for doing those ads.  She was on a path of becoming successful and doing advertisements is far better than some of the shit things other might have done to become successful. Also, we should stop putting celebs in some moral-social podium every time.

PS: She is not my favorite just in case you or anyone wants to call me a blind fan.

that is the point, she shouldn't justify. 

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

She is giving a pathetic excuse for doing the ad 😆

Edited by Nishita123 - 4 years ago
Zeal17 thumbnail

Millenium Squad

that is the point, she shouldn't justify. 

Yea.. only times i feel celeb hypocrisy should be called out is when they try to take moral  high ground.

Like some hollywood elite celebs who blame civilians for environment degradation, while they travel on private jets. Brad Pitt 😵