Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: inlieu

I think what he meant was that he wouldn't have accepted to play HS if the show had started off with him being a father to a teenage daughter. Maybe if he had been father to a newborn baby, perhaps he would have been ok with it? Dunno. 

Right now, the way they are showing HS' journey towards becoming Minnie's father is just so spectacular that I think even he's quite happy about it. Besides, I think he is extremely pleased with the scope of this role as well as the fame and recognition it has brought him, beyond anything he got in his previous roles. Well-deserved. His wording in the article is cautious - he's honest about his apprehensions at the start of the show but maybe still doesn't want to paint himself as the kind of person who wouldn't mind playing a serious "old dad" kind of role so that he doesn't get typecast. In terms of legalities, yes HS is her stepdad but in terms of emotions and bonding he is every bit her real father. 

This is another stereotype in society. We often see very young moms like Babita because women are married off at 17 or 18 but not so often do we see young dads who have teenage daughters already when they are in their 30s. 

I frankly think Aniruddh has nothing to worry about. He's so talented that he can get away with anything. 

Yes, Aniruddh got really lucky with this role. HS's character is one of the best character written for a male lead in an ITV show. This show also brought a lot of fame and accolades for him. I didn't even know who Aniruddh was before this show, and I think for lots of people, this is the first show they are watching of his. I am happy for him ðŸ˜³.

I wonder why other well known TV actors didn't end up doing the role of HS and Babita, you know, like Shweta Tiwari or someone. I find it interesting that Paridhi and Aniruddh ended up with this role, but I am extremely happy for them. 

Also, Aniruddh seems really excited about his role and the show in general. I love how he keeps promoting the show in social media, and keeps posting about the cast, esp. Ashnoor and Paridhi. Love their offscreen bond ðŸ¤—. 

Edited by LoveInAutumn26 - 4 years ago
inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

But why are all actors so skeptical of playing parental roles? Is it because that they can't get a hold of the emotions, can't connect with the child or don't want to get type casted as being a parent whilst being so young themselves?

Or is it something else altogether?

It's their fear of being typecast since ITV especially is still not that open when it comes to selecting artistes. Very few can get away with it. I think Aniruddh is one of them, and he's been doing other things in parallel so that he has various avenues open. 

They are afraid that once they play a parent role they will only get those offered later on. There are some actors who also avoid historical shows for the same reason. 

inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

I don't want anyone else to play Meeta's role than Hunar. She was fantastic!

I was okay with the switch in Lovely though. The first actress was so annoying. This one is at least a little bit toned down.

Agree. Hunar brought a lot of grace and dignity to the role. She made it believable, and dare I say, likable, which is no mean feat given she's the other woman. 

inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

Also, everyone in this show has been shown older than their actual age. 

Ashnoor is 15 - Minnie is 17 

Paridhi is 32 - Babita is 35 

Aniruddh is 33 - HS is 37 

I believe even Paridhi was skeptical, but agreed because of the content. Also, Hunar who played Meeta, didn't she exit because makers wanted to bring Ashok/Mita's baby instead of the initial plan of miscarriage? 

Makes me wonder if they will ever show a pregnancy track? Maybe that will be towards the end of the show. 

I don't think the leads would have an issue of a newborn baby is shown but yeah, maybe Babita will be pregnant for an eternity. Depends how long this show runs for. I don't want them to stretch it. Besides, if they can be parents to a 17-year-old, a newborn shouldn't affect them. 

YoungHeart thumbnail

Only Mohit is older than the character he portrays. Mickey is 18-19, whereas Mohit is 26. Weird that he's paired opposite Ashnoor if you think about the age difference ðŸ¤”. 

inlieu thumbnail

Only Mohit is older than the character he portrays. Mickey is 18-19, whereas Mohit is 26. Weird that he's paired opposite Ashnoor if you think about the age difference ðŸ¤”. 

These actors are perfectly cast, though at times I must admit, Aniruddh looks a bit young considering he's playing a 37 year old. I guess the beard helps, otherwise he has a bit of a baby face! 

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago
inlieu thumbnail

Yes, Aniruddh got really lucky with this role. HS's character is one of the best character written for a male lead in an ITV show. This show also brought a lot of fame and accolades for him. I didn't even know who Aniruddh was before this show, and I think for lots of people, this is the first show they are watching of his. I am happy for him ðŸ˜³.

I wonder why other well known TV actors didn't end up doing the role of HS and Babita, you know, like Shweta Tiwari or someone. I find it interesting that Paridhi and Aniruddh ended up with this role, but I am extremely happy for them. 

Also, Aniruddh seems really excited about his role and the show in general. I love how he keeps promoting the show in social media, and keeps posting about the cast, esp. Ashnoor and Paridhi. Love their offscreen bond ðŸ¤—. 

In fact, HS' character is one of the best written for ITV full stop (male or female). I also agree that he got recognition largely because of this role, and no wonder he says it's his best one, possibly along with Y.A.R.O, which he claims has been his toughest one today. I can imagine why. 

I am happy for him too. I think he not only got a great script and team, but also really worked hard on this role and made it his own, which in turn encouraged the writers to challenge themselves and him more and more to get to the HS we have today. To be honest, when he first appeared on the show I am not sure most people would have imagined the character arc to get anywhere close to where it is now. And to think there's so much more to go from here for HS, it's just really exciting. 

Yes, he's very excited and I'm glad that he's also constantly pointing out the social message, since that's one of the reasons he took this up. I love the off-screen bond and also love seeing that this many months later, he hasn't lost his humility or dedication to his craft. He's very grounded and I'm glad he continues to work hard at this role. 

YoungHeart thumbnail

These actors are perfectly cast, though at times I must admit, Aniruddh looks a bit young considering he's playing a 37 year old. I guess the beard helps, otherwise he has a bit of a baby face! 

Both Aniruddh and Paridhi look younger than the age they are portraying in the show. Initially, I found it really weird that she was playing a mother to a 17 year old, which is why sometimes I wish Minnie was shown as a 16 year old in the beginning of the show... but maybe they didn't wanna show her that young because of the custody angle ðŸ¤”. Ashnoor looks a bit older than her age tbh, so that didn't help. They can totally pass off as sisters lol. Agreed on Aniruddh too, no way he looks 37. They both look early 30s.

Did you see Aniruddh's Insta caption on how both him and Paridhi are reversing in age? ðŸ˜†

Edited by LoveInAutumn26 - 4 years ago
asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Loll, used the wrong word. It was supposed to be sarcastic. ðŸ˜†

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Haha, yes!

But even with the beard his baby face shows at times. ðŸ˜³

He can pull off the cute, adorable, most handsome, dashing and hot look so well! And I think he's all the more attractive because he hasn't been objectified!