Aniruddh Dave: Our audiences are not ready for mediocre content now

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Thank goodness he said yes to this role, despite his previous declaration of not wanting to play a father role on screen. 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/aniruddh-dave-our-audiences-are-not-ready-for-mediocre-content-now/articleshow/71169100.cms

It still makes me wonder if he will ever become Minnie's father on the show or if she will ever call him Papa/Bapu/Dad. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Lol he says he probably would have never agreed to it if he was shown as a biological father  šŸ˜†

What difference does it make though, biological or otherwise. Dad role is a dad role lol. 

Edited by LoveInAutumn26 - 4 years ago
YoungHeart thumbnail

Also, everyone in this show has been shown older than their actual age. 

Ashnoor is 15 - Minnie is 17 

Paridhi is 32 - Babita is 35 

Aniruddh is 33 - HS is 37 

I believe even Paridhi was skeptical, but agreed because of the content. Also, Hunar who played Meeta, didn't she exit because makers wanted to bring Ashok/Mita's baby instead of the initial plan of miscarriage? 

Makes me wonder if they will ever show a pregnancy track? Maybe that will be towards the end of the show. 

inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

Lol he says he probably would have never agreed to it if he was shown as a biological father  šŸ˜†

What difference does it make though, biological or otherwise. Dad role is a dad role lol. 

I think what he meant was that he wouldn't have accepted to play HS if the show had started off with him being a father to a teenage daughter. Maybe if he had been father to a newborn baby, perhaps he would have been ok with it? Dunno. 

Right now, the way they are showing HS' journey towards becoming Minnie's father is just so spectacular that I think even he's quite happy about it. Besides, I think he is extremely pleased with the scope of this role as well as the fame and recognition it has brought him, beyond anything he got in his previous roles. Well-deserved. His wording in the article is cautious - he's honest about his apprehensions at the start of the show but maybe still doesn't want to paint himself as the kind of person who wouldn't mind playing a serious "old dad" kind of role so that he doesn't get typecast. In terms of legalities, yes HS is her stepdad but in terms of emotions and bonding he is every bit her real father. 

This is another stereotype in society. We often see very young moms like Babita because women are married off at 17 or 18 but not so often do we see young dads who have teenage daughters already when they are in their 30s. 

I frankly think Aniruddh has nothing to worry about. He's so talented that he can get away with anything. 

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago
asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Also, everyone in this show has been shown older than their actual age. 

Ashnoor is 15 - Minnie is 17 

Paridhi is 32 - Babita is 35 

Aniruddh is 33 - HS is 37 

I believe even Paridhi was skeptical, but agreed because of the content. Also, Hunar who played Meeta, didn't she exit because makers wanted to bring Ashok/Mita's baby instead of the initial plan of miscarriage? 

Makes me wonder if they will ever show a pregnancy track? Maybe that will be towards the end of the show.

Wait, Meeta was supposed to have a miscarriage? šŸ˜•

asmaanixx thumbnail

The shade thoughhhh:

"Iā€™m happy to be a part of this show because it talks strongly about the stigma attached to divorce in the society, unlike other daily soaps that revolve around kitchen politics and supernatural powers."

I guess now I know where we get all the salt from. šŸ¤£

YoungHeart thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

Wait, Meeta was supposed to have a miscarriage? šŸ˜•

Initially thats what the makers had planned, but then I think they decided to bring the baby, Hunar wasn't ok with that because she didn't wanna play a mom role, but then the makers decided to make Meeta exit the show so yeahh. 

I think in Hunar's interview she was pretty upset. She said she loved the concept of the other woman not being a bad person so she agreed for the show.

If they decide to bring Meeta back, but Hunar doesn't play the character of Meeta, it would be really weird. 

asmaanixx thumbnail

But why are all actors so skeptical of playing parental roles? Is it because that they can't get a hold of the emotions, can't connect with the child or don't want to get type casted as being a parent whilst being so young themselves?

Or is it something else altogether?

asmaanixx thumbnail

Initially thats what the makers had planned, but then I think they decided to bring the baby, Hunar wasn't ok with that because she didn't wanna play a mom role, but then the makers decided to make Meeta exit the show so yeahh. 

I think in Hunar's interview she was pretty upset. She said she loved the concept of the other woman not being a bad person so she agreed for the show.

If they decide to bring Meeta back, but Hunar doesn't play the character of Meeta, it would be really weird.

I don't want anyone else to play Meeta's role than Hunar. She was fantastic!

I was okay with the switch in Lovely though. The first actress was so annoying. This one is at least a little bit toned down.

inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

The shade thoughhhh:

"Iā€™m happy to be a part of this show because it talks strongly about the stigma attached to divorce in the society, unlike other daily soaps that revolve around kitchen politics and supernatural powers."

I guess now I know where we get all the salt from. šŸ¤£

Salt?