Did sridevi deserve national award for mom?

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Mom wasn’t the best film of that year but it decent with some flaws as it’s a thriller, aside that did sridevi deserve the best actress award for movie mom or is the some of the complex disturbed scenes where she had to perform made her more deserve, like krantiveer where nana got award which wasn’t a art type film but he performed in some powerful scenes that bagged him award for his acting and performance.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Nope not for that movie, Sri has a whole kitty of powerful performances... I think it was given because of the situation at the time but she hasn’t far more superior performances...

Maaya_Memsaab thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

YES she did deserved! That scene where Sridevi sees her daughter in raped condition for the first time in the hospital alone was so powerful.. its beyond amazing! That was so natural & real.. literally gave me goosebumps. 

harun98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: desicrowd

Nope not for that movie, Sri has a whole kitty of powerful performances... I think it was given because of the situation at the time but she hasn’t far more superior performances...

Before her death and time of the release I recalled critics called it as the best performance of that year, best movie is subjective but do you really think Vidya Balan was better than Sridevi in Tumari sullu? The movie was nice but best acting is an questionable. It better to discuss why and for what reason was she deserving and not deserving, that should be the discussion. Is it important a movie has to be artistic to measure potential candidate, or should be perceived from how an actor performs in a movie that is decent commercial film with some challenging scenes to act in.

harun98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: desicrowd

Agree this scene alone is enough to be in the award nominees. I want people to list who they thought should of won, and give the reason for their choice, and example from the movie where acting was powerful that made them more deserving. I think people judge national award winners based on how many parallel movies an actor has done then discussing acting in movie. I'm not saying actor should win for housefull type movies, but a movie that is decent which could of been better but the flaws was overshadowed by some powerful scenes and acting. 

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

No she dint, she deserved it for Englishvinglish not Mom she was good bt was ott too in many scenes n vidya was really good in tumahri sulu better than Sri.. 

harun98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Stark_Wolf

No she dint, she deserved it for Englishvinglish not Mom she was good bt was ott too in many scenes n vidya was really good in tumahri sulu better than Sri.. 

Describe it and whats good about those 2 scenes?? What was powerful.

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

At best it deserved a nomination at paan masala awards.

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Nah.. But then so many of her performances did deserve an award and seeing as this was the last chance to give her one, its acceptable

Maroonporsche thumbnail

No that movie sucked. An her she was shrieking at a level where only dogs can hear 🤣