Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: harun98

Before her death and time of the release I recalled critics called it as the best performance of that year, best movie is subjective but do you really think Vidya Balan was better than Sridevi in Tumari sullu? The movie was nice but best acting is an questionable. It better to discuss why and for what reason was she deserving and not deserving, that should be the discussion. Is it important a movie has to be artistic to measure potential candidate, or should be perceived from how an actor performs in a movie that is decent commercial film with some challenging scenes to act in.

I feel nowadays a little bit of a performance is applauded... no wonder Kangana is called the best actress of this generation... For me I am still stuck with Sri’s performance in Sadma... she and Kamal delivered their best maybe a little too early but that is the performance I fee is award worthy... 

among today’s actress and Neerja and Hum Tum and Ruston type movies win awards then yeah she deserved it but for me National awards had a stricter yardstick which is diminishing now... I am still ruling their skills based on what this award meant years ago...

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Sridevi deserved all the awards for English Vinglish but she was snubbed big time. 

IIFA / Filmfare / National Awards all gave her awards after she died. Such a sad shame. 

RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

SRI Deserved NA for many other performances, MOM was definitely a great performance but not NA type may be because the story's too familiar. and the protagonist doesn't have much emotions to portray rather than sorrow and revenge.

everyone knew it was the situation at that time that propelled the jury members to give this award. but does she deserve it or not is rather debatable. 

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

No. But she did deserve for English Vinglish. What was the point of posthumously honoring someone when they deserved it earlier and could have enjoyed it. 😑