Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

You realise that your thread has been shifted to a different place altogether  

I  was searching like crazy at the main forum πŸ₯Ί

IAdoreYou thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: braveheartdoc

A very well put up post and you've written all what I believe as a responsible individual who is bothered about what is being preached in the society and where our younger generation is heading. 

I  too believe that the creatives who boast of making shows just for so called entertainment have a moral responsibility towards the society and they need to have strict censor boards before telecasting such aspects. Why can't they show something that is morally correct?  Do they want to project that morally sound projections don't come under entertainment category.... I disagree with this. I 've grown up with strong morality taught to me and I stand by those whether it's a real world or virtual world of forum and sns. I'm the same here as I'm personally. Recently I was called as being supersensitive by someone special at the forum but that's how I am.... I can't pretend to be insensitive when I'm actually not. So I believe people who say that this is just a virtual world so sab chalta hai should be discouraged as we have even teenagers participating here.

Regarding ITV shows I would say that unless we as audiences stop accepting any and everything served to us, people like EK would keep playing with our emotions morality, rituals, religious beliefs .... and what not just in the name of entertainment. We should be the ones to reject such things shown as for them it's pure business. If we as audiences take stand they will have to change what is served to us. 

I've seen people arguing that shows are meant only for entertainment and not to be taken seriously when it comes to learning something from them. I agree with this but along with our maturity of differentiating between right and wrong a moral sense of responsibility is expected on the part of creatives too.... which is absolutely missing in ITV. 

Sorry for the long rant but thanks for giving me a thread where I can express myself. However people would think and accept what they want to and I respect everyone's views and opinions. But at the same time I myself would express what I believe in and I being a responsible individual am worried for whatever is being shown on ITV. 

Thanks to the TM for the topicπŸ€—

That's never going to happen, trust me on that. EK is never going to stop. Do you know, she had claimed to produced a realistic show (which that might be, I can't say a word for I haven't watched it) which did not get ratings that she had expected and that had the lady believe that Indian audience is not ready for progressive shows. Huh. Can anyone believe this? πŸ€’      

If you're actually that thoughtfully aware, you have to realize that ratings of one show defines nothing and if you really have that inside you to change perceptions of people, you continue to do it until it happens. This is such an convenient outlet. 

Gigiri thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SheAish

My main point exactly. I mean I don't have a problem with showing whats happening in society in real however disgusting it might be, but also show HOW TO GET AWAY from such injustices and SHOW CONSEQUENCES for such acts. I'm not saying in real life all or even most culprits face consequences, but due to my line of work I can't help but feel media should take more responsibility as well and be a bit more mindful of what they show.

Yes exactly. I appreciate your thoughts. They should be more responsible and think twice. If they show some bad incidents and their consequences, they should provide the correct answer how people could be able to come out of the mess. Thanks. 

SheAish thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAdoreYou

@ I get the frustration. I truly do. One line that you've written seems to have overpowered all the rest of the lines. πŸ˜†

Like I've said to yesterday also, I believe every opinion regarding anything and anyone in the show right now has to be highly influenced by how one looks at RB and Prerna's relationship and their marriage especially. I personally feel that I cannot blame RB for the marriage thing. For me, it would always stay about the choice that Prerna made more than what RB offered but then, I totally get you if you find it absolutely unacceptable. There can be millions of way people look at the same situation and all of them might be right and justified in their places, according their thought processes, perceptions and the set of rules that they have defined for their life and for the lives around them. 

PS: Just to clarify, that I am not a Bajaj fan. I ain't anybody's fan from this show to put it more clearly but RB was truly the only character I resumed watching the show for, of course until the accident bit. This show is just not the one, I can call myself a fan of any character from. I've liked Prerna once upon a time. I've liked Anurag once upon a time and I'm liking Bajaj now ( can he not have done that accident please? οΏΌ )   It's really just about the temporary liking. Fan is a huge word for me. I don't easily call myself a fan of someone. It takes me a lot to do that and certainly nobody, nobody from KZK is worth calling myself a fan of. 

Initiatially, I really liked Anurag and Prerna and I mean it when I said that but what happened between them day by day, pushed me beyond a point where now, I cringe at their scenes. I find it OTT. I roll my eyes and this is a huge thing for someone who has had insane liking for them once upon a time. To me, a relationship is zero if it lacks trust, respect and understanding and that's the sole reason that I can like these two with anyone else but never with each other. 

My liking for characters are very colored by what I see in my line of work. I have even felt affinity towards, one really grey character who believed he killed his own father at around 6 or so all planned by a stepmother who then brought him up to believe she took the blame for it to save him when she is the one who did it in real. She made the character grow up specifically to be a total jerk who thinks he can get away with anything and everything but felt totally indebted to her (all for the greed for his wealth and property she hopes he would hand over when she comes back from jail) for what she has done in addition to believing he is such a bad person who killed his own father. This is the only serial in ITV I have seen a back story being completely justified for a grey character. The guy had no family who cared about him and just one other character who empathized with him through his whole life.

HIs redemption was also handled very well. That is the only show where I have felt a liking towards a grey character that indulges in criminal offences blatantly. I think he is the only character that I have really connected and felt for.

I like the seedha saadha types more because I see the so called grey heroes in real life and the havoc they create with people. So for a change I want to see how a normal guy with a firm idea of right and wrong behaves and like to root for them too. Unfairness is around everywhere in the world these days, so for entertainment I like to see good win at the end of the day. And in serials its almost guaranteed that a grey hero would not be redeemed and face consequences for his actions, but rather those would be shoved under the carpet and expected to be forgotten by viewers. 

As for Anurag, I still feel for the guy though Ekta has played with his character too. But however stupid and boring he is, I can't but feel for his grievances at the hand of someone who feel no remorse for his actions. I feel for Pre too, but then Pre is made to show emotions very less these days, and that too in a contradicting manner,so makers aren't exactly trying to make people empathize with her. But all said and done, the Anurag of before Komo's entry is one guy that would stay with me for years to come. 

braveheartdoc thumbnail

That's never going to happen, trust me on that. EK is never going to stop. Do you know, she had claimed to produced a realistic show (which that might be, I can't say a word for I haven't watched it) which did not get ratings that she had expected and that had the lady believe that Indian audience is not ready for progressive shows. Huh. Can anyone believe this? πŸ€’      

If you're actually that thoughtfully aware, you have to realize that ratings of one show defines nothing and if you really have that inside you to change perceptions of people, you continue to do it until it happens. This is such an convenient outlet. 

Where did I talk about ratings? 

Yes I'm thoughtfully aware and I put forward my pov as far as possible but when I know people would think what they want to.... So I leave them onto their own self. It's my way of dealing things. 

IAdoreYou thumbnail

Where did I talk about ratings? 

Yes I'm thoughtfully aware and I put forward my pov as far as possible but when I know people would think what they want to.... So I leave them onto their own self. It's my way of dealing things. 

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

That reference with you was to EK. Why would you feel that it is for you? Can you read it again with the understanding of that comment solely mentioned EK and nowhere you. πŸ˜†

SheAish thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

You realise that your thread has been shifted to a different place altogether  

I  was searching like crazy at the main forum πŸ₯Ί

Oh it has....🀣 Thanks for letting me know...WOW...but then I'm not surprised either....It's OK. Some people REALLY don't want anyone to talk about Bajaj in a negative way even if its more about the issue than the character. 

braveheartdoc thumbnail

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

That reference with you was to EK. Why would you feel that it is for you? Can you read it again with the understanding of that comment solely mentioned EK and nowhere you. πŸ˜†

πŸ˜›ok then πŸ˜†

braveheartdoc thumbnail

Oh it has....🀣 Thanks for letting me know...WOW...but then I'm not surprised either....It's OK. Some people REALLY don't want anyone to talk about Bajaj in a negative way even if its more about the issue than the character. 

Leave it no point in getting into this.... I've burnt my hands already bcoz of this earlier and I'm in no mood to try to change the way people support a negative character bcoz of their favourite actor. I'm least interested in the character and the actor playing the role. 

IAdoreYou thumbnail

My liking for characters are very colored by what I see in my line of work. I have even felt affinity towards, one really grey character who believed he killed his own father at around 6 or so all planned by a stepmother who then brought him up to believe she took the blame for it to save him when she is the one who did it in real. She made the character grow up specifically to be a total jerk who thinks he can get away with anything and everything but felt totally indebted to her (all for the greed for his wealth and property she hopes he would hand over when she comes back from jail) for what she has done in addition to believing he is such a bad person who killed his own father. This is the only serial in ITV I have seen a back story being completely justified for a grey character. The guy had no family who cared about him and just one other character who empathized with him through his whole life.

HIs redemption was also handled very well. That is the only show where I have felt a liking towards a grey character that indulges in criminal offences blatantly. I think he is the only character that I have really connected and felt for.

I like the seedha saadha types more because I see the so called grey heroes in real life and the havoc they create with people. So for a change I want to see how a normal guy with a firm idea of right and wrong behaves and like to root for them too. Unfairness is around everywhere in the world these days, so for entertainment I like to see good win at the end of the day. And in serials its almost guaranteed that a grey hero would not be redeemed and face consequences for his actions, but rather those would be shoved under the carpet and expected to be forgotten by viewers. 

As for Anurag, I still feel for the guy though Ekta has played with his character too. But however stupid and boring he is, I can't but feel for his grievances at the hand of someone who feel no remorse for his actions. I feel for Pre too, but then Pre is made to show emotions very less these days, and that too in a contradicting manner,so makers aren't exactly trying to make people empathize with her. But all said and done, the Anurag of before Komo's entry is one guy that would stay with me for years to come. 

Which show are you talking about? 

Though back then, I did like Anurag a lot but now that I look back, I realize it was because he was portrayed the idealistic way and I have always had a thing for perfect characters. 

Have you been watching YRHPK? Abir is the only ITV male lead after Sanskar that I am rooting for and I don't mind calling myself a fan of. He has my heart.