Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SheAish thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: EtherealRati

I feel this forum is not meant for discussion of social issues......its about a tv show and the people about whom we are talking are actually characters written. They aren't real and dont need to be socially correct always.  Because if we see socially....or from a neutral point of view....nobody from the three main leads is right in the show.....for me prerna is better than the other two as a human being as of now.....for others it can be anurag/bajaj. Its a personal thing.....they can choose whoever they wish to. But i hate the way people are put in spot and told so many things like.....why you like this character ?....do your moral values allow you to like this character ?....Oh you must have grown up with these values that you like this character ???......this is plain ridiculous and should not happen in my openion. Nobody got the right to do that. 

And its amusing to see how people who are all in to make others understand how the characters they like are bad and deserve hate but themselves ignore the wrong deeds by the character they love. They have problens with people defending their favourites but they will defend their own favourites with all guns blazing including mocking real people. People who accuse others of being biased are themselves biased with their openions on this forum.  Plain hypocrisy exists here......in such kind of hypocrisy, i personally dont look for social discussions. 

Isn't the point of my whole post about the fact that people's support of a particular character has no relevance to real social issues that these shows use for merely a plot device?

Pleas read my whole post, and my post only talks about social issues more in relevance to social responsibility of makers and how it might effect the general masses that don't discuss issues about the serials like we do here in forum. And how little forum wasis views here for a character reflect their real perspective about such issues in reality.

I seriously feel like I should put a disclaimer here that I would not reply to anyone who I feel have not read my whole post and thus would be a waste of both the posters and my time.

Edited by SheAish - 4 years ago
Sutapasima thumbnail

@ TM 

If this post is not about Bajaj or Anurag or Prerna or  KZK2 ...why have you posted this thread here inKZK2 forum  .. to discuss social issues we have Member’s Lounge Forum .

Edited by Sutapasima - 4 years ago
SheAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAdoreYou

I typed out my usual length response but it did not get posted. 🤔😆   

It's annoying on another level to write it again so I would just say, you've said something that I absolutely agree to and I couldn't agree more when you said that these shows have an impact on masses. There are kids and teens who watch TV shows and do not know how to differentiate between a fictional daily soap and real life. I get it that this is a business and people care only about making money but I am someone who believe, writers always carry a responsibility on their shoulders. I can't even call myself a writer, but just someone who has penned down quite a lot of fics and I am always so conscious about the stuff I write. It's just comes from inside that whatever I am writing should give out no message that in life, I wouldn't appreciate. It's just really very sad that in process of making money, people don't realize what sort of beliefs and stuff they are feeding young minds. 

Exactly. Makers use any and everything just for a plot device with no shame what so ever and it does worry me more with regards to serials than films because it is mostly one time watch and done and dusted with. But with serials people watch for years and years, and I fail to see how it would not effect their thinking process in some way. More for, as you mentioned the young and the older generations who have less access to other points of views in a society that is largely patriarchal. 

And thank you for reading my whole post as a Bajaj fan and for not going in a totally different tangent to what I am talking here. I acknowledge many would have stopped reading at the mention of blackmail and Bajaj, I even thought of changing the sequence of my para's but then I brought blackmail here because for me that is the biggest premeditated and carefully thought out social injustice that a character has committed in this serial and thats it. If someone else has a different perspective and that itself prevents them from reading on, then my post would have no relevance to them anyway.

Edited by SheAish - 4 years ago
EtherealRati thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

i had read the post before answering. Though i agree makers should think before what they are writing and should present situations more realistically but i dont feel anybody in real life will be influenced by this deal and will be encouraged to do such a thing. I have seen these marriage deals happening so much in itv.....but nobody does/ i have nevered heard or read deal messages in real. 

Gigiri thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Yes. We watch any TV program for entertainment purposes. However, I believe that any program that telecast on social media should bring good messages to the society. If they brought wrong messages, it will be established in the society and some people those believe these wrong messages, start to act like that way. We all have built our own box putting our attitudes, belief and values in that frame. We behave accordingly that box. Any person or characters what we met during our life time, we try to put them in that box and analyze their character. After that take a decision as good and bad. If there is a person who comfort with wrong messages which delivered by TV programs, he used to act like same way and all his behavior are worst to become worst. 

Therefore, any program producers, they should have social responsibilities. Their creations should produce a ethical and socially responsible person. Each and every production should make people aware on the social issues, how  follow country law as citizen, how and what proper way handle the problems arisen from the society or among their family members, how  find answers for issues raised from the society and personal life too.  

If producers gave wrong messages to the society it is violation of rules of social responsibilities. These all TV programs are also watched by younger generation. They are our future. If producers give correct and good messages to the society as how they should act as responsible person in any issue raised, it will be increased their analytical and decision making power on how they face and act when same issues in their life. They recall what they learn from the society and take the correct decision. But, if producers put forward wrong message to the society, then what will be the results? If wrong messages were transferred through stories, people start to justify any misbehavior, corruptions, blackmailing, abuses, discrimination and harassment what people made. Do you want a society that is full of these misbehavior?

My expectation is to each and every story line should give the correct and good messages to the society, even though reel stories are only for entertainment.   

SheAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

@ TM 

If this post is not about Bajaj or Anurag or Prerna or  KZK2 ...why have you posted this thread here inKZK2 forum  .. to discuss social issues we have Member’s Lounge Forum .

It is talking about Kzk2, but not about supporting Bajaj, Anurag or Prerna...but if you feel its not relevant here please feel free to report. I feel its relevant, but its just my POV which is why I posted here. 

SheAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: EtherealRati

i had read the post before answering. Though i agree makers should think before what they are writing and should present situations more realistically but i dont feel anybody in real life will be influenced by this deal and will be encouraged to do such a thing. I have seen these marriage deals happening so much in itv.....but nobody does/ i have nevered heard or read deal messages in real. 

I have actually seen very closely many deal marriages and other unsavory such relations forced on others specially happening to young girls and tried to work with many such victims and if you had read you would have realized WHY I am aware of such scenarios though obviously I am familiar with more disgusting scenarios than what is shown in the show.

braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

A very well put up post and you've written all what I believe as a responsible individual who is bothered about what is being preached in the society and where our younger generation is heading. 

I  too believe that the creatives who boast of making shows just for so called entertainment have a moral responsibility towards the society and they need to have strict censor boards before telecasting such aspects. Why can't they show something that is morally correct?  Do they want to project that morally sound projections don't come under entertainment category.... I disagree with this. I 've grown up with strong morality taught to me and I stand by those whether it's a real world or virtual world of forum and sns. I'm the same here as I'm personally. Recently I was called as being supersensitive by someone special at the forum but that's how I am.... I can't pretend to be insensitive when I'm actually not. So I believe people who say that this is just a virtual world so sab chalta hai should be discouraged as we have even teenagers participating here.

Regarding ITV shows I would say that unless we as audiences stop accepting any and everything served to us, people like EK would keep playing with our emotions morality, rituals, religious beliefs .... and what not just in the name of entertainment. We should be the ones to reject such things shown as for them it's pure business. If we as audiences take stand they will have to change what is served to us. 

I've seen people arguing that shows are meant only for entertainment and not to be taken seriously when it comes to learning something from them. I agree with this but along with our maturity of differentiating between right and wrong a moral sense of responsibility is expected on the part of creatives too.... which is absolutely missing in ITV. 

Sorry for the long rant but thanks for giving me a thread where I can express myself. However people would think and accept what they want to and I respect everyone's views and opinions. But at the same time I myself would express what I believe in and I being a responsible individual am worried for whatever is being shown on ITV. 

Thanks to the TM for the topic🤗

SheAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: masdhu

Yes. We watch any TV program for entertainment purposes. However, I believe that any program that telecast on social media should bring good messages to the society. If they brought wrong messages, it will be established in the society and some people those believe these wrong messages, start to act like that way. We all have built our own box putting our attitudes, belief and values in that frame. We behave accordingly that box. Any person or characters what we met during our life time, we try to put them in that box and analyze their character. After that take a decision as good and bad. If there is a person who comfort with wrong messages which delivered by TV programs, he used to act like same way and all his behavior are worst to become worst. 

Therefore, any program producers, they should have social responsibilities. Their creations should produce a ethical and socially responsible person. Each and every production should make people aware on the social issues, how  follow country law as citizen, how and what proper way handle the problems arisen from the society or among their family members, how  find answers for issues raised from the society and personal life too.  

If producers gave wrong messages to the society it is violation of rules of social responsibilities. These all TV programs are also watched by younger generation. They are our future. If producers give correct and good messages to the society as how they should act as responsible person in any issue raised, it will be increased their analytical and decision making power on how they face and act when same issues in their life. They recall what they learn from the society and take the correct decision. But, if producers put forward wrong message to the society, then what will be the results? If wrong messages were transferred through stories, people start to justify any misbehavior, corruptions, blackmailing, abuses, discrimination and harassment what people made. Do you want a society that is full of these misbehavior?

My expectation is to each and every story line should give the correct and good messages to the society, even though reel stories are only for entertainment.   

My main point exactly. I mean I don't have a problem with showing whats happening in society in real however disgusting it might be, but also show HOW TO GET AWAY from such injustices and SHOW CONSEQUENCES for such acts. I'm not saying in real life all or even most culprits face consequences, but due to my line of work I can't help but feel media should take more responsibility as well and be a bit more mindful of what they show.

IAdoreYou thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: SheAish

Exactly. Makers use any and everything just for a plot device with no shame what so ever and it does worry me more with regards to serials than films because it is mostly one time watch and done and dusted with. But with serials people watch for years and years, and I fail to see how it would not effect their thinking process in some way. More for, as you mentioned the young and the older generations who have less access to other points of views in a society that is largely patriarchal. 

And thank you for reading my whole post as a Bajaj fan and for not going in a totally different tangent to what I am talking here. I acknowledge many would have stopped reading at the mention of blackmail and Bajaj, I even thought of changing the sequence of my para's but then I brought blackmail here because for me that is the biggest premeditated and carefully thought out social injustice that a character has committed in this serial and thats it. If someone else has a different perspective and that itself prevents them from reading on, then my post would have no relevance to them anyway.

@ I get the frustration. I truly do. One line that you've written seems to have overpowered all the rest of the lines. 😆

Like I've said to yesterday also, I believe every opinion regarding anything and anyone in the show right now has to be highly influenced by how one looks at RB and Prerna's relationship and their marriage especially. I personally feel that I cannot blame RB for the marriage thing. For me, it would always stay about the choice that Prerna made more than what RB offered but then, I totally get you if you find it absolutely unacceptable. There can be millions of way people look at the same situation and all of them might be right and justified in their places, according their thought processes, perceptions and the set of rules that they have defined for their life and for the lives around them. 

PS: Just to clarify, that I am not a Bajaj fan. I ain't anybody's fan from this show to put it more clearly but RB was truly the only character I resumed watching the show for, of course until the accident bit. This show is just not the one, I can call myself a fan of any character from. I've liked Prerna once upon a time. I've liked Anurag once upon a time and I'm liking Bajaj now ( can he not have done that accident please?  )   It's really just about the temporary liking. Fan is a huge word for me. I don't easily call myself a fan of someone. It takes me a lot to do that and certainly nobody, nobody from KZK is worth calling myself a fan of. 

Initiatially, I really liked Anurag and Prerna and I mean it when I said that but what happened between them day by day, pushed me beyond a point where now, I cringe at their scenes. I find it OTT. I roll my eyes and this is a huge thing for someone who has had insane liking for them once upon a time. To me, a relationship is zero if it lacks trust, respect and understanding and that's the sole reason that I can like these two with anyone else but never with each other.