Sept 11th: The guilt trap

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Today, we again saw the many shades to women.....on one side was Kammo....the archetypical wife who can say a 100 bad things about her husband but can't hear a word against him....no matter how VILE he is.....Babita once used to be this Kammo only....lol defending Ashok even when he slandered her and was about to hit Mini the first time he came to the haveli.....she lashed out at HS at that time and questioned him for saying anything to HER husband.....lol.....how times change.....but women don't.....they will always let down their own self-respect to try and salvage marriages to terrible human beings.

Babita needed many hard pushes to get out of her Ashok mera pati hai after everything mindblock.....I guess Kammo needs more dhakke from life to get there. Kisi ne pati ko ghatiya bol diya (which is the truth btw), toh patni sun na paayi.....aur ghatiya baatein sunaa di logon ko....kudos👏

So Khatri and Kammo were the instrument to reflect society ki continued cheap thinking....which will ofcourse measure everything in only transactional terms....within 2 seconds, HS's love for Mini was cheapened to being considered an instrument to marry her mother.....that a woman uttered these lines again proves the adage of women being first in line to pull down each other.  And suddenly, Mini became a symbol of Ashok who will start to bother Babita as she starts her new married life.....lol were these ppl actually watching mother-daughter ka bond all this time ki aasmaan se tapke hain? The daughter who literally led her mother away from her abusive father is the daughter jo Babita ko khatkegi? Waah ri society.

But baatein toh muh se nikal gayi.....aur Mini ke mann ko lag bhi gayi, strong as she has been all this time.....but she's never had to face being labeled an IMPEDIMENT for her mother's happiness....she always considered herself her mother's wings....to now be considered a symbol of her vile father....it's got to wound her deep and she's gonna grapple with it. 

On the other side were Babita's reactions....quite typical Babita....stunned in shock initially, then working up the gumption to say something....and express her disgust with Khatri in harsh terms....impulse mein bol diya without thinking of Kammo and then the situation got worse.....then came the tears....and the panicked assurances to Mini that she would never get married if Mini didn't want it.....that she would be willing to immediately break off the wedding if Mini asks her.....mujhe woh project todne waali Babita phir se yaad aa gayi.....lol....Mini calmed her down as usual.....and HS chimed in with calm assurance from the side as well.....issue resolved....without really realizing that the Mini who is expected to be samajhdaar enough to look past society ki baatein always wasn't able to this time.

Ab galti bhi kis ki maanein.....Mini has built up a reputation for being this strong, samajhdaar kid who is usually the one telling her mom not to dwell on logon ki bakwaas.....toh why would the mom or others even think that she is dwelling on the bakwaas for once? The usual role is that Mini sambhaaloes Babes.....and that is how the scene played out this time also.....Babita was so busy giving assurances, she didn't realize what the core issue actually was.....neither did anyone else....cuz Mini is also an expert like her Hanuman Uncle in masking pain with a smile😆

They set up the whole situation to not resolve it fully.....cuz this has to come back to haunt all of them.....the guilt trap is set.....Mini will grapple with the identity crisis of being a symbol of her mother's past with Ashok....a symbol of a bad marriage......the guilt of being a supposed impediment in her mother's new life....the guilt of wondering if she needs to let go of her Babes to allow her to fully live.  Babita and HS will also grapple with guilt....for not realizing how much Mini's issues were building.....breaking point is coming soon. 

Itne heavy episode ke baad end mein the brief HS-Babita scene of "Doosri shaadi pehli baar kar rahe hain" was a cute touch😆.....the scenes have been shot out of order toh mehendi ka color also keeps shifting😆.....

I also liked that Mini's friends stepped up to cheer her up....this is why you need good peers in your life no matter how many beloved family relationships you have. 

Precap mein phir se dance😆....Mini seems to be dubaaoing her gham in endless dance sequences😆

I feel an HS-Babita or an HS-Mini one on one conversation was warranted after all that passed today in terms of the ugly things thrown out....but the writers are as usual avoiding the detailed conversations for now. The pace at which all this is going....seems like the immediate aftermath of the wedding will be the dam bursting with Mini.....perhaps by the end of next week. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rivaanvira thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Isn't this reflective of our society today .. where a lot of women today no matter how much they fight crib curse their husbands but cannot gather the courage to walk out on their husbands .. this is their social conditioning..

Ah that was really a very toxic thing to say ..and this is the mentality of the society .. jealous that a woman has the courage to move on .. go against the societal norms

Its ironic that she used to say that for herself when trying to convince her mother for the marriage .. always knowing at the back of her head/in her heart that her mother doesn't think so .. but with a 3rd person saying it out loud it is now set in her heart .. and she will feel it eventually .. when trying to step away consciously to give them the space or when Babita herself not wanting to leave her alone causing further guilt in her heart .. 

what a terrible catch 22 ..

She is aware that she is Ashok's biological daughter but her heart doesn't accept that .. but her soul/heart has HS essence in it .. so this statement will find it's conclusion sooner than later

Agreed what Khatri did was wrong .. but Babita in her anger did a collateral damage .. and so did Kammo .. even more .. oh well, this is also a setup for the next track .. so I m not going to argue/mull over it too much

Its just sad that no one saw the shaken Minnie .. except for Micki .. as u said .. she has become expert like her HS uncle in putting up a facade of being strong .. it will be heartbreaking for both the parents that they didn't realize Minnie was masking her pain to give them their happiness .. which eventually LED to her breakdown

that reassurance to Mickie was nothingness but for herself .. an assurance to her fear that she isn't going to lose her mother either .. 

I want to really call-out for Mickie here for continuously being there for her .. looking out for her .. having her back .. and Preet kaure for bringing out her passion to her .. just a reminder .. this camera is going to resurface as a solace for her..

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: rivaanvira

Isn't this reflective of our society today .. where a lot of women today no matter how much they fight crib curse their husbands but cannot gather the courage to walk out on their husbands .. this is their social conditioning..

Ah that was really a very toxic thing to say ..and this is the mentality of the society .. jealous that a woman has the courage to move on .. go against the societal norms

Its ironic that she used to say that for herself when trying to convince her mother for the marriage .. always knowing at the back of her head/in her heart that her mother doesn't think so .. but with a 3rd person saying it out loud it is now set in her heart .. and she will feel it eventually .. when trying to step away consciously to give them the space or when Babita herself not wanting to leave her alone causing further guilt in her heart .. 

what a terrible catch 22 ..

She is aware that she is Ashok's biological daughter but her heart doesn't accept that .. but her soul/heart has HS essence in it .. so this statement will find it's conclusion sooner than later

Agreed what Khatri did was wrong .. but Babita in her anger did a collateral damage .. and so did Kammo .. even more .. oh well, this is also a setup for the next track .. so I m not going to argue/mull over it too much

Its just sad that no one saw the shaken Minnie .. except for Micki .. as u said .. she has become expert like her HS uncle in putting up a facade of being strong .. it will be heartbreaking for both the parents that they didn't realize Minnie was masking her pain to give them their happiness .. which eventually LED to her breakdown

that reassurance to Mickie was nothingness but for herself .. an assurance to her fear that she isn't going to lose her mother either .. 

I want to really call-out for Mickie here for continuously being there for her .. looking out for her .. having her back .. and Preet kaure for bringing out her passion to her .. just a reminder .. this camera is going to resurface as a solace for her..

I was just really beyond disgusted with Kammo today. 

I know a lot of people in this forum can't stand Beeji and the Khuranas but Kammo's "gaaye ko phasaane ke liye bachhde ko phasaana padta hai" line is on another level of disgusting.....she cheapened HS-Mini ka relationship so horribly.....I can't look past it. 

And yes, it's the truth of society.....women are socially conditioned to hinge their entire existence on making their marriages work no matter how pathetic their husbands.....koi aurat is trap se nikal aaye toh woh bhi bardaasht nahin....usko resent karo, keep trying to pull her down...malign her. 

Yes, Babita had a fit of temper....she's always had a temper....and she struggles to react when she's faced with something unexpected....toh bol diya gusse mein.....again, after hearing such VILE things about herself and her daughter, expectation Babita se hi tha to sambhaalo it....Kammo Rani ke Pati Parmeshwar kuch bhi bol ke nikal lein......nothing Babita said can justify what Kammo said. Period. 

I get that it's a set up for the next track but it was a really ghatiya insinuation without any justification.....first her husband insinuated that a minor Mini be married off and then his wife insinuated that HS only got close to Mini to phasaao her mom.

Mini had to be neglected to set up the track as well....I get that....but I hope the atmosphere of gloom doesn't take over....if this is a setup for her to officially be adopted as HS ki daughter, then that would be a good conclusion....I don't want this to become a long term thing of all three guilt tripping around each other thinking ki Mini is feeling awkward b/w them.  

Micky deffo has been a great source of support for Mini no doubt....and it was nice to see the camera back.....hopefully Mini uses that and her diary to self-reflect. 

rivaanvira thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I was just really beyond disgusted with Kammo today. 

I had said it in my other post .. that although she got and deserved the respect from babita and all .. she still is foreshadowed by her husband.. no matter what u can't lose the old habit of speaking I'll .. and in her pain/anger she said things that were absolutely below the belt .. 

I know a lot of people in this forum can't stand Beeji and the Khuranas but Kammo's "gaaye ko phasaane ke liye bachhde ko phasaana padta hai" line is on another level of disgusting.....she cheapened HS-Mini ka relationship so horribly.....I can't look past it. 

And yes, it's the truth of society.....women are socially conditioned to hinge their entire existence on making their marriages work no matter how pathetic their husbands.....koi aurat is trap se nikal aaye toh woh bhi bardaasht nahin....usko resent karo, keep trying to pull her down...malign her. 

Yes, Babita had a fit of temper....she's always had a temper....and she struggles to react when she's faced with something unexpected....toh bol diya gusse mein.....again, after hearing such VILE things about herself and her daughter, expectation Babita se hi tha to sambhaalo it....Kammo Rani ke Pati Parmeshwar kuch bhi bol ke nikal lein......nothing Babita said can justify what Kammo said. Period. 

Nope I don't disagree .. no matter what babita said .. kammos words cannot be justified .. they both ended up adding more to damage

I get that it's a set up for the next track but it was a really ghatiya insinuation without any justification.....first her husband insinuated that a minor Mini be married off and then his wife insinuated that HS only got close to Mini to phasaao her mom.

I don't want to justify the CVs for the onset of this track .. but I can't think of any other way to create an impact on Minnie in any other way .. regardless it left a bad taste in our mouths

Mini had to be neglected to set up the track as well....I get that....but I hope the atmosphere of gloom doesn't take over....if this is a setup for her to officially be adopted as HS ki daughter, then that would be a good conclusion....I don't want this to become a long term thing of all three guilt tripping around each other thinking ki Mini is feeling awkward b/w them.  

I think by adopting her he will give her the reassurance required .. this can be achieved sooner than later .. but the guilt trap that's setup .. I feel it's set for a long term .. 

AreYaar thumbnail

I don't want to justify the CVs for the onset of this track .. but I can't think of any other way to create an impact on Minnie in any other way .. regardless it left a bad taste in our mouths

I think by adopting her he will give her the reassurance required .. this can be achieved sooner than later .. but the guilt trap that's setup .. I feel it's set for a long term .. 

That gaaye bachhda line was not needed IMO.....they already had the insinuation of Mini being Ashok's daughter, so that was enough to set things up for her to be adopted as HS ki daughter. 

Guilt trip toh they all do....but this particular guilt trap can get convoluted very fast if not handled well.....cuz if they are seriously going to show every HS-Babita scene with the backdrop of a morose Mini, it's gonna cast a gloom over the whole story. 

The guilt shouldn't be debilitating to that level.....that would not be PB then. This show has usually worked through guilt issues well in all other tracks. 

Maybe it's just me but the cracks showed in the HS-Mini-Babita scene today even though Babita was hugging Mini and HS was reassuring her that she's number one for them always.....but woh full level ka feel nahin aaya. 

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

That gaaye bachhda line was not needed IMO.....they already had the insinuation of Mini being Ashok's daughter, so that was enough to set things up for her to be adopted as HS ki daughter. 

Guilt trip toh they all do....but this particular guilt trap can get convoluted very fast if not handled well.....cuz if they are seriously going to show every HS-Babita scene with the backdrop of a morose Mini, it's gonna cast a gloom over the whole story. 

The guilt shouldn't be debilitating to that level.....that would not be PB then. This show has usually worked through guilt issues well in all other tracks. 

Maybe it's just me but the cracks showed in the HS-Mini-Babita scene today even though Babita was hugging Mini and HS was reassuring her that she's number one for them always.....but woh full level ka feel nahin aaya. 

That was truly disgusting and below the belt. She disrespected HS's pure love for Mini, and also HS's love for Babita. It was below the belt. 

Another thing that Kammo said that pissed me off was Mini being a constant reminder of Ashok to Babita, and that Babita will resent her own fking daughter after her marriage to HS. The daughter that she singlehandedly raised without the biological father's help. The daughter that has been her constant support through the most horrifying part of her life. She tore apart a mother's love for her own child... She literally tore Babita's character, and my soul with these words. The fcuk was that 😡😡

Edited by LoveInAutumn26 - 4 years ago
rivaanvira thumbnail

That line was for impact not adoption .. ashoks blood I felt was for adoption .. khair I don't know if CVs want to go thru adoption route .. 

Given how CVs have worked through guilt wald emotions I have faith that it will get heavy for an episode or two and will be leveled off with a solution .. 

Cracks have appeared. . but they won't be catastrophic .. because of hs-minnie connection 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

That was truly disgusting and below the belt. She disrespected HS's pure love for Mini, and also HS's love for Babita. It was below the belt. 

Another thing that Kammo said that pissed me off was Mini being a constant reminder of Ashok to Babita, and that Babita will resent her own fking daughter after her marriage to HS. The daughter that she singlehandedly raised without the biological father's help. The daughter that has been her constant support through the most horrifying part of her life. She literally tore Babita's character and my soul with these words. The fcuk was that 😡😡

Basically she was saying that Babita will be too busy romancing after new shaadi and suddenly the daughter who was the ultimate support system will become puraane pati ki nishaani and will sour the "romance" with new pati......like I said, ppl view relationships as transactional....as if Babita was only doing timepass all these years with her daughter....and ab naya pati mil gaya toh "puraani beti" out.....waah ji. 

Har cheez ko cheapen kar diya.....HS's love for Mini, HS's love for Babita, Babita and Mini's love for each other.....in one fell swoop, EVERYTHING was cheapened.....usually if one of the duos was maligned, the other two atleast were there to sambhaalo.....but yahaan toh aaj aisa kuch nahin feel hua. 

Anyways, let's hope the writers resolve it with a nice emotional convo. 

I really missed that today.....kisi ki bhi deep samjhaane waali convo nahin mili. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Given  how CVs have worked through guilt wald emotions I have faith that it will get heavy for an episode or two and will be leveled off with a solution .. 

Cracks have appeared. . but they won't be catastrophic .. because of hs-minnie connection 

*fingers crossed* I hope you're right.....I want the PB essence to be maintained.....that one good extensive convo is needed among our principle characters. 

Ab kal sudden switch to naach gaana with haldi/pani issue makes me feel a slight disconnect cuz things didn't get resolved dhang se today and temporary reassurance bhi acche se nahin hua.....like in all other amrit manthan scenes, woh temporary assurance was done nicely through a deep meaningful convo.....but not this time...so it's lingering in the back of the mind. 

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

What if Mini tries to re-connect with Ashok? What if Ashok comes back to visit his parents? He will be staying in NB's house and since they will be neighbors and in close proximity, Mini might go there more often to give some privacy to Hanita, which means she will be seeing her biological father there and hence will be spending time with him. Idk my thoughts are all over the place.