Hi, why so silent babes ? - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

misfit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: deefy89

All you’ve said is correct which can be easily remedied by the both of them sitting down and having a good old conversation, airing each other’s (more Pragya) fears etc and finding a solution to all of this if they really want to be together. The solution that stands out to me is them moving on their own and getting the negativity (aliya) a house where she can live on here own. Knowing the type of character they show abhi to be I actually think he will do is as would mean them being together as a family which is what they show both people wanting. All the negativity you mentioned is due to the ppl around abhi not him himself which can easily be sorted. Pragya is no different to abhi in making light of wrongdoings, as she’s doing with Rhea and I think it’s down to the fact that they always want to see the good in people and believe these ppl when they say sorry. Both Pragya and abhi have dismissed what Rhea has done saying “she’s a child”, at 20 years old 😭😭 Most of Pragyas fears (not all) stems from pure superstition. Eg, meeting in a building site, there’s a good chance of something going wrong, especially if there’s signs everywhere telling u not to be there. And u don’t think she’s bad luck for him I think they got the wrong ppl around them which they need to get out their lives and she needs to trust her husband a bit more and come up with solutions WITH him when things do go wrong, it’s what a marriage is about. I can get the point that she felt both kiara and prachi was all she had at the time but her own loneliness is no reason to keep a kid away from their father, unless that father is violent, addict, dangerous. Fathers have rights too although not as much as mothers. And not even from the fathers perspective, but as u can see in prachis case, kids long for their fathers and often blame themselves for the father not being around,,, not to mention the bullying prachi has put up with for having no father. Pragya won’t even speak to the poor girl about her dad and threatens suicide when she asks. That’s wrong in my eyes. In fact I don’t even know how she was compelled, as a mother, to leave one child in the first place. I can’t even fathom that. 

I couldn’t agree more that I wish they’d make Rhea not be so negative. It would have been nice to see them bond and become best friends, instead of prachis bond with abhi. I hate how boring this whole back and forth with the framing tracks are going. It’s months now 🤓

*sighs 

If only ITV was so realistic but they get a kick out of showing characters suffering thanks to toxic familial relations over walking away or getting rid of them. 

‘No i’m going to stay with my brother, sister, in laws, parents, etc even if they have left no stone unturned to destroy my life, my spouse’s life, my children’s life all because they are my blood relations.’ 

That’s the ideology they encourage. I’m off the mindset “door raho per khush raho”. If that were to be applied to ITV half of the storylines would be drastically different and less annoying. 

Them coddling Rhea as a 20 year old is pissing me off especially when in comparison Prachi is shown working at the same age. Honestly this is such a  horrible portrayal of milenials. 

I know filthy rich asian kids who will still do their own grocery, laundry etc at a younger age You’re meant to be half way done through your degree at 20 so you can’t even be called a freshie at this point. Seriously, it what Rhea’s character is doing at 20 was shown as something a 16 year was doing i’d still take it because you’re still a kid but 20 year olds are grown ass adults who should at least know a crime is a crime. And the adults in their life should know better than to excuse such behaviour. 

On the topic of a father’s  and children’s right. Absolutely they should be a part of each other’s life. But again if a mother feels that being around  the father is potentially harmful to her child, even if the father himself is the most amazing father material, i can get behind her keeping the child away from him. It’s not fair by any means i’d rather live with something lacking than being dead. Despite of everything Pragya hasn’t done a bad job in raising Prachi. Sure she misses her dad but she has still grown up to be a secure, confident and strong individual. 

As for leaving a child, well i have seen parents do crazy things in their lives feeling that they were the best decisions in that moment. They were both unwilling to give up their daughters so either one would have ended up with no child or at least one with each parent. That’s harsh but better than one of them being left with nothing. 

Not defending Pragya and Abhi as perfect parents or human beings, they aren’t but i guess what i’m saying is i get it to an extent. 

It would be so much easier if they got rid of all the negative people around them but as mentioned ITV promotes toxic familial relations so no chance of that. 

Also in order to make a marriage work both parties need to be willing to listen at least and leave aside their ego and pride. Abhi’s character is such that he’s willing to do everything and anything when things are okay but the moment something happens he refuses to listen to reason. No one can expect one person to keep going back despite of being humiliated time and time again, accused of things they didn’t even do to make it work. Even if it is for a child’s sake. Children can grow up even more messed up in these kinds of environment. 

Naturally i think we’re putting way too much calue in a TV show by correlating it to realism. There is nothing sensible or realistic about it. Even fantasy books makes more sense than ITV

Chashmish786 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: misfit007

*sighs 

If only ITV was so realistic but they get a kick out of showing characters suffering thanks to toxic familial relations over walking away or getting rid of them. 

‘No i’m going to stay with my brother, sister, in laws, parents, etc even if they have left no stone unturned to destroy my life, my spouse’s life, my children’s life all because they are my blood relations.’ 

That’s the ideology they encourage. I’m off the mindset “door raho per khush raho”. If that were to be applied to ITV half of the storylines would be drastically different and less annoying. 

Them coddling Rhea as a 20 year old is pissing me off especially when in comparison Prachi is shown working at the same age. Honestly this is such a  horrible portrayal of milenials. 

I know filthy rich asian kids who will still do their own grocery, laundry etc at a younger age You’re meant to be half way done through your degree at 20 so you can’t even be called a freshie at this point. Seriously, it what Rhea’s character is doing at 20 was shown as something a 16 year was doing i’d still take it because you’re still a kid but 20 year olds are grown ass adults who should at least know a crime is a crime. And the adults in their life should know better than to excuse such behaviour. 

On the topic of a father’s  and children’s right. Absolutely they should be a part of each other’s life. But again if a mother feels that being around  the father is potentially harmful to her child, even if the father himself is the most amazing father material, i can get behind her keeping the child away from him. It’s not fair by any means i’d rather live with something lacking than being dead. Despite of everything Pragya hasn’t done a bad job in raising Prachi. Sure she misses her dad but she has still grown up to be a secure, confident and strong individual. 

As for leaving a child, well i have seen parents do crazy things in their lives feeling that they were the best decisions in that moment. They were both unwilling to give up their daughters so either one would have ended up with no child or at least one with each parent. That’s harsh but better than one of them being left with nothing. 

Not defending Pragya and Abhi as perfect parents or human beings, they aren’t but i guess what i’m saying is i get it to an extent. 

It would be so much easier if they got rid of all the negative people around them but as mentioned ITV promotes toxic familial relations so no chance of that. 

Also in order to make a marriage work both parties need to be willing to listen at least and leave aside their ego and pride. Abhi’s character is such that he’s willing to do everything and anything when things are okay but the moment something happens he refuses to listen to reason. No one can expect one person to keep going back despite of being humiliated time and time again, accused of things they didn’t even do to make it work. Even if it is for a child’s sake. Children can grow up even more messed up in these kinds of environment. 

Naturally i think we’re putting way too much calue in a TV show by correlating it to realism. There is nothing sensible or realistic about it. Even fantasy books makes more sense than ITV

@Bold: I'm taking a screenshot of this. The only reason I'm writing essays and discussing this show is because I'm kinda obsessed with it nowadays and the show itself is too slow for me to rewatch and pass time so yall have to bear my spamming till I get bored of this mess all over again ( dont worry I don't entertain myself with the same thing for too long ).

misfit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chashmish786

@Bold: I'm taking a screenshot of this. The only reason I'm writing essays and discussing this show is because I'm kinda obsessed with it nowadays and the show itself is too slow for me to rewatch and pass time so yall have to bear my spamming till I get bored of this mess all over again ( dont worry I don't entertain myself with the same thing for too long ).

🤣🤣

Same here. I need a break and this is me procrastinating while a dozen deadlines await my attention.

It’s only a matter of time though. My attention span is quite limited so i’m actually surprised I’ve managed to stay interested for so long but it’ll eventually die when i find something else to occupy my attention. 

Chashmish786 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

🤣🤣

Same here. I need a break and this is me procrastinating while a dozen deadlines await my attention.

It’s only a matter of time though. My attention span is quite limited so i’m actually surprised I’ve managed to stay interested for so long but it’ll eventually die when i find something else to occupy my attention. 

Please tell me if you find something good to watch so I can take a break and may be come back when ekta maata starts te teesri peedhi of this show where nana nani abhigya are still gaining trps with thier almost encounters and doosri peedhi MIA with aliya still bitching about all the gharibi around her and looking for a grand nephew or neice to train to be her partner in crime

Del00 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

*sighs 

Bold- it weren’t the father tho but the ppl around the father, which she can easily keep her child away from by some other arrangement a lot less extreme than a perfectly good father never seeing his kid. For eg allowing him to visit her house to see his kid at the weekend, with her supervision. One could argue she’s no better in putting her kids at risk by getting involved with king. 

Having only recently got into Indian television, mostly cos of the beautiful clothes I will admit, I am more used to television (what we call soaps)  being a bit more sensible and realistic. I agree that even fantasy shows/books aren’t so OTT and unrealistic. I think this is where I sometimes have an issue as I expect it to make a bit more sense but as u say it never does so still trying to wrap my head around it with great difficulty 🤪

agreed that it takes 2 to make a marriage. I can only speak from the kiara incident as that’s where I began watching from and I understand that abhi has kicked Pragya out previously and that, but what I’ve seen from the kiara incident,  praghya isn’t the best at listening to reason either, she’s emotional and erratic before being sensible. In fact they don’t show either one of them of having an ounce of sensibility. They don’t see wrong doings, even tho they’re meant to be characters that are all about what’s “right”.  

I’m also watching guddan on the same channel and I totally get your point about promoting toxic familial relations- I don’t get why tho when india is meant to be quite family orientated? I guess once upon  a time ppl liked that sort of thing but it seems younger ppl are interested in shows with a bit more substance. At least on here and on social media.