Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SRKisLove thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: .SNOWWHITE.

All depend upon trp. And if cvs r not sadists i think she will have a happy ending.  by the look of tashans it gives me ladla vibes. Even in that film Raveena(good girl) was also there as parallel lead šŸ˜†

True l mentioned in my post too that it's like Laadla. 

That's unfair because Sridevis character was plain arrogant, but Jahnvi is a complex character. 

Trps har cheez ka satyanash kar deti Hain šŸ˜‚

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SRKisLove

This sounds very judgmental and exactly what I was saying in the end about Kabir accepting Pooja only if she is 'good' enough for him. 

I agree that they should have shown her childhood more. But then Pooja would have been another Avni. What's the point in making this show then? Everybody would have seen the similarities with NK and called it a copy. 

The whole reason EBSS is different is because Pooja is not asking for the audience's sympathy. She is ethically questionable.

I dunno about JaBir as endgame,  but I don't want any taming or whitewashing of Pooja because that would send a regressive message to the audience.

If the makers show an ending for Pooja where she does not die or go to prison, that will be progressive because that's saying that flawed Ppl are also part of the society. 

One does not have to be forgiving, and 'positive' to be left at peace. 

But considering the trp audience is pretty stupid they might make Pooja a villain or a good, repentant woman. Sigh.

If we keep seeing good, clean characters, like you said,  the audience imagination will always be limited. 

In real life no one is good or bad, everybody is a mix of both. Wanting perfect characters on TV is ugh,  boring. Example, one of the firms I interned in the managing partner was shrewd and a dragon. She made Pooja look like a soft bunny. But she was a loving mother at home to three kids, and her firm is top 3 in her sector. 

this is a tv show...and in a tv show viewers will need to form an attachment to the lead characters to like and enjoy the show.its not about being judgmental..but rather itā€™s the reality of the situation  .. and thatā€™s just the way it is ..and if many viewers really loved Pooja and this show...then the trp numbers would have shown this ..you may say thatā€™s itā€™s stupid to consider trp audience but obviously it doesnā€™t work that way,.a show is considered a flop or hit depending on the trps. And the makers and channel obviously take trps very seriously..thatā€™s why they revamped the show completely..and thatā€™s why shows with low trps are scrapped.. And the fact is viewers do like to see positivity and positive characters ...and I donā€™t think viewers lack imagination..lol viewers are real people ..we see enough negativity all over the world, we donā€™t need an itv show to increase our grey matter and imagination . ITV shows are entertainment and a form of escapism..so we want to see a show that leaves us with a good feeling ..thereā€™s nothing wrong in that.. we all like feel good movies and shows ..and if a show gives us that we will watch it.. 

Edited by Indira1211 - 4 years ago
SRKisLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indira1211

this is a tv show...and in a tv show viewers will need to form an attachment to the lead characters to like and enjoy the show.its not about being judgmental..but rather itā€™s the reality of the situation  .. and thatā€™s just the way it is ..and if many viewers really loved Pooja and this show...then the trp numbers would have shown this ..you may say thatā€™s itā€™s stupid to consider trp audience but obviously it doesnā€™t work that way,.a show is considered a flop or hit depending on the trps. And the makers and channel obviously take trps very seriously..thatā€™s why they revamped the show completely..and thatā€™s why shows with low trps are scrapped.. And the fact is viewers do like to see positivity and positive characters ...and I donā€™t think viewers lack imagination..lol viewers are real people ..we see enough negativity all over the world, we donā€™t need an itv show to increase our grey matter and imagination . ITV shows are entertainment and a form of escapism..so we want to see a show that leaves us with a good feeling ..thereā€™s nothing wrong in that.. we all like feel good movies and shows ..and if a show gives us that we will watch it.. 

Lol if we go by this logic,  then movies like Darr and Baazigar, or even Cocktail would not have made SRK and DP superstars overnight.

That said, l agree trp audience likes to see same old drama. But overall trps today are much less than ten years ago.  Kyunki used to get 14+ trps, today max is 3. Most Ppl have shifted to web series.

That shows that even TV audience is bored.  

I wish EBSS was on web.  It's not for simple minded TV audience 

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

Lol if we go by this logic,  then movies like Darr and Baazigar, or even Cocktail would not have made SRK and DP superstars overnight.

That said, l agree trp audience likes to see same old drama. But overall trps today are much less than ten years ago.  Kyunki used to get 14+ trps, today max is 3. Most Ppl have shifted to web series.

That shows that even TV audience is bored.  

I wish EBSS was on web.  It's not for simple minded TV audience 

simple minded audience...thatā€™s quite rude and insulting.. so what are you implying that people who watch tv have low intelligence..lol..so you think highly educated people donā€™t watch tv....Be kind  when you make posts...this is an open forum and people should be respectful when posting..

Edited by Indira1211 - 4 years ago
SRKisLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indira1211

simple minded audience...thatā€™s quite rude and insulting.. so what are you implying that people who watch tv have low intelligence..lol..so you think highly educated people donā€™t watch tv....Be kind  when you make posts...this is an open forum and people should be respectful when posting..

This coming from you, is rather preachy, after being so judgemental three posts ago. 

Simple minded doesn't have to do with education. I was referring in context to those who want the same old drama,  and those who don't.

Being educated and then consuming mind-numbing nonsense, not just ITV shows, but say Arnabs daily shouting match (which a lot of people do, unfortunately) also betrays the knowledge people have received from education.

In any case, India just elected the BJP to power.  There is no greater travesty to education here. After  that I genuinely question the values and intellect of the country.

Anyways, the previous page just literally veered off the topic. My question was only whether the show/channel would be able to do justice to a grey character. I didn't realize that more than the channel being progressive, certain attitudes need to change first. 

Like someone said, it's vicious cycle. The channel doesn't change for the sake of trp,  and audience don't change because they've been watching the same thing for years and don't want anything new. Forget EBSS, which is a relatively new show,  but shows like RKC, DSJZ, etc, havent done well either, on better slots, which means that we are far from sensible ITV dramas. I hope KHKT is a change in the right direction.

Edited by SRKisLove - 4 years ago
khatimeethi thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail

This coming from you, is rather preachy, after being so judgemental three posts ago. 

Simple minded doesn't have to do with education. I was referring in context to those who want the same old drama,  and those who don't.

Being educated and then consuming mind-numbing nonsense, not just ITV shows, but say Arnabs daily shouting match (which a lot of people do, unfortunately) also betrays the knowledge people have received from education.

In any case, India just elected the BJP to power.  There is no greater travesty to education here. After  that I genuinely question the values and intellect of the country.

Anyways, the previous page just literally veered off the topic. My question was only whether the show/channel would be able to do justice to a grey character. I didn't realize that more than the channel being progressive, certain attitudes need to change first. 

Like someone said, it's vicious cycle. The channel doesn't change for the sake of trp,  and audience don't change because they've been watching the same thing for years and don't want anything new. Forget EBSS, which is a relatively new show,  but shows like RKC, DSJZ, etc, havent done well either, on better slots, which means that we are far from sensible ITV dramas. I hope KHKT is a change in the right direction.

Dont mix politics and goddamn show discussion ...politics is more complex arena.

It is not just India..USA Turkey ..Italy Australia...there has been rise of right wing across world...and reasons are more complicated than boiling to simple people are dumb

How do u exactly think prison justice system works ?

Not all who murder are bad ppl they are gray ...they are reformed...so.what is issue if pooja repents...

No u arent allowed to.plan and plot to take revenge ...those are offences too under IPC .

So.what is big deal if they show it that way..

Also Maya was psychopath she should have been handled better than left alone  to kill people..

The world doesn't work on he killed my family..i will go and kill his ..nope.

Audience dont expect black character and like gray ones is reason they believe ppl can change..

SRKisLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: khatimeethi

How do u exactly think prison justice system works ?

Not all who murder are bad ppl they are gray ...they are reformed...so.what is issue if pooja repents...

No u arent allowed to.plan and plot to take revenge ...those are offences too under IPC .

So.what is big deal if they show it that way..

Also Maya was psychopath she should have been handled better than left alone  to kill people..

The world doesn't work on he killed my family..i will go and kill his ..nope.

Audience dont expect black character and like gray ones is reason they believe ppl can change..

The funny thing is that we make so many assumptions, including myself, about what people want. When the trp sample size for urban areas is less than 1 lakh (or used to be sometime back) while India's population is 135 crores, out of which I am sure at least 10 crores have a šŸ“ŗ at home.

Do we really know what TV audience (as opposed to a small trp audience) wants?

If audience does not like dark characters then why are Gul mls who abuse,  kidnap and sexually threaten a female such a hit? Are standards different for male and female grey characters 

You raise a valid point that one cannot take law into their hands. But, apart from trying to kill PK,  Pooja hasn't done anything o break the law. And let's face it, PK himself is a mass murderer, who in recent times ordered to murder Shail.

I'm not against Pooja apologizing to say Aarush, or even Dhruv. 

Repentance and change are very different things. I don't want her character to change.

She can still be grey and face consequences of her actions. Like in case of Rani. Pooja is not at fault for Rani's obsession with Kabir, but she is still suffering for that. 

I don't want her to be mahaan or too dark. That would be injustice to a complex character like Jahnvi/Pooja. 

Edited by SRKisLove - 4 years ago
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

For the topic in question - whether the show would be able to do justice to a grey ( I agree she is grey, for us viewers at least ) character like Pooja would depend upon the time the showmakers get to wrap up this show ( which again would depend on ratings unfortunately ).....

I hope she gets an end that befits her character - that is....a bittersweet end....it could  be a happy end or peaceful end or one where she loses some and gets some....

Personally I love grey characters ( both male and female ) much more than the goody two shoes characters, whether it's a tv show/movie/web series.....but strictly when it comes to that....in REAL LIFE ? NO . Definitely no . There, any day I'd make friend with a  sweet/kind/generous/loving....in short a sorted, mostly white person than one like Jhanvi....who's grey, has a lot of issues, bitter and unfriendly....anyday a rotlu stupid Pragya/Prerna over a Maya....but onscreen ? Grey characters...if written well....can make for much more entertainment and I want to see them more frequently in ITV shows....hands down ! I forgot to mention as leads ! I want to see more and more grey characters as leads .

Edited by LadyMacbeth - 4 years ago
chitra_rao thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Great post!!šŸ‘ The way you have summarized Pooja's character arc so far is indeed in the grey area now. IT's neither sheet white nor entirely dark either. MAYA (from beyhadh season 1) is one of my favorite characters in ITV in recent years.  Her grey vision towards life, her selfishness, her stubbornness all had a reason and was justified. But again, once the makers played with her grey area, they were clueless of what to do next and choose the easy way out and turned her dark.

I personally think grey characters or crisp revenge drama are best suited for limited tv series or web series, where the markers creativity is not heavily overshadowed by the TRPs and the need to keep the show going for years to come. 

TeenRose1 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Yeah Jhanvi is grey shaded. Shrenu said that she is not evil. We can clearly see she has her own reasons. She is filled with revenge and did what she felt right. It is sad that we want to fit characters into black and white. No one can be. I just see them as humans who need to grow.

Even Kabir had some secret right? I don't know if it is revealed. I felt he was indirectly and accidentally responsible for Vyom's death and that is the reason for him to marry Kavya.

Is this revamp though? They all said in the beginning that Zain is opp Shrenu. She has to behave with him like a devar and he has to call her bhabhi to feel the ultimate betrayal. I think it is supposed to lead to there but after star plus meeting done with all the shows makers, it is pushed fast.

And how is she being held responsible for Kabir's dad death? He is the one who did all that first and it lead to this and even in that incident he bought Jhanvi there. Kabir kind of want him to forget all that so he himself didn't catch Kabir's hand and let go and did suicide like a timid leaving his whole family being selfish.

I personally enjoying Shrenu's character and don't want it to be any other way. I don't like those Durga type characters which are preachy. Nothing wrong with them just don't like too in the face types.

I love female villains. Loved Maya! They have their own reasons to be that way. Other characters who act like saints irk me. No single one of them is saint and they all are manipulative in their own way. Humans are selfish. 

Edited by TeenRose1 - 4 years ago