Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SRKisLove thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Sumita18

Lovely post Ananya 

Maya's character was not very appealing accordin to me- for me  ..I usually like Sony shows ..but watching Pshycho Maya extremly disturbing so i stopped watching, Jhanvi was fire 

Watching Jhanvi was delight because she had so many shades ...and now I am looking forward to another shade - Pooja ...She is calmer 

NO THIS SHOW IS NOT THAT BOLD LIKE BEYHAD .. and Thank God for that ..

Sumi you did not understand my post. 

Let me explain. What l meant was that the makers weren't courageous in Beyhadh to give Maya a happy ending. So they made her dark.

What l am asking is whether EBSS makers are brave enough to give Pooja a happy ending (without changing her) 

AnnStyles thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Euphoria.

I love the questions you raise. I was thinking about my perception of Pooja the other day. I may be #TeamKabir but I realised that I wasn’t treating Pooja like a grey character. Subconsciously, I was relating her to Durga (not so much of Avni) but like you’ve said, she is different from those characters. She has done a couple of wrong things - I think even feeding Suman pills to drive her nuts can be considered a wrong action. It’s debatable though. Suman was just as guilty so she deserves some sort of punishment, but I’m not sure if giving her wrong pills was the way to go. 

Even though both Zain and Shrenu have mentioned that Kavya may be back, at this point, I don’t want her back because I don’t know if the writers would be able to do justice to all three characters. They are already struggling with JaBir. 

So if JaBir are meant to be endgame, I hope it’s Kabir who realises that beneath the petty and vengeful exterior, Pooja is a good person. She needs to find peace and Kabir doesn’t need to change her for her to find peace. Sorry for comparing, but Neil did something similar. Instead of encouraging Avni to avenge her mother’s death, he tried to help her achieve justice legally. I hope Kabir does that too. The Sr. Mittals need to be punished and hopefully Kabir would help Pooja by getting them punished the legal way. 

Pooja doesn’t need to change per say, but she needs to realize that there are people who want to help her. She needs to accept that she can only find true happiness and peace if she breaks out of the revenge cycle. I don’t think the writers intend to whitewash either of the characters but the tight time frame means speeding up things, which inevitably “butchers” characters for a bit. Hopefully they can turn things around before it becomes a good versus bad thing. 

I am sure kabir will realise that in future. pooja right now is very vulnerable even though she is arrogant and rude with him. Ishani has also left her so she is emotionally drained. She is someone who hides her feelings.. Even when ishani left she cried but later wiped her tears and went back inside the house because she doesn't want to be seen as vulnerable. 

I would like to see THE REAL POOJA SHARMA the one beneath the exterior cover of janhvi mittal. And I am sure kabir will help her cone out of her shell. I don't want her to change because there is nothing to change. The real pooja is hiding deep deep inside her and I would like to see her being able to trust people and love people. 

Sumita18 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKisLove

Sumi you did not understand my post. 

Let me explain. What l meant was that the makers weren't courageous in Beyhadh to give Maya a happy ending. So they made her dark.

What l am asking is whether EBSS makers are brave enough to give Pooja a happy ending (without changing her) 

Mayas character was very dark .....thats why 

Pooja is not dark so she will get happy ending for sure .. happy ending does not mean marrying someone .. happy ending can be anything 

End game can be enything .. Pooja meeting someone else or Pooja and Kabir ....Story can change anytime ....

Edited by Sumita18 - 4 years ago
AnnStyles thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: masked

Grey characters are still a new trend on the ITV unlike the Western Tellyland where the society is more broad-minded to accept such grey shaders & there it gets more appreciation.Anyway getting back to EBSS whatever Pooja/Jhanvi has currently done with the Mittals killing PK(presumed dead might come back later) & snatching away all the wealth & glory making the Mittals fight for their survival might seem right/wrong depending on the viewers reaction.I agree that some might say that whatever Jhanvi did with PK was justifiable but the manipulation of the kiddo.Arush or the practice of wrong medicines to Kabir's Mom Suman crosses into the uncharted territory.

Jhanvi & Durga both were grey characters whose primary motivation were laced with revenge due to the actions of their respective tormentors PK and Shaurya.Coincidentally the guy playing PK was Rajnath Goenka in EHT though he was not the primary antagonist.Maya of Beyhadh did seem to have shades of grey but was more of a meglomaniac out to get Arjun for herself.So yeah Maya was the vamp in literal sense.Grey characters keep.the balance on both sides of the spectrum good/bad depending on the circumstances & the actions of their adversaries.

Perhaps the trp.aunties sympathized with Durga more than Jhanvi bcoz Durga primarily had the entire Goenka family with the exception of Dev in the cross-hairs bcoz her sister was raped by Shaurya who got saved due to the money power of the Goenkas where there was complete travesty of Justice.Nitya came back.as Durga to avenge her loss and humiliation but in the Mittals only Suman/PK were the black sheeps not the entire Mittal family which includes the eldest Guardian Dadaji.PK with the help of his lackey/friend Commisioner framed Dr.Ashok.Sharma for the misdeeds PK did in the manufacture of sub standard fake medicines.Ashok was made the scapegoat but Jhanvi blinded by revenge targeted the whole Mittal family without verifying the complete facts.As for how Kabir & Pooja would fall in love or whether both would play with each others emotions under the guise of fake love that remains to be seen.

Durga & Pooja were both calculative yet Durga unlike Jhanvi was not after each & every member of the Goenka family like the Mittals.Durga's chief target was the main culprit Shaurya whereas the entire Mittals were the culprit in the eyes of Pooja.Durga did not play with any child's emotions unlike Jhanvi/Pooja who did it though she had that conscience that whatever she was doing might be wrong but neccessary for her revenge plans.Arush found a motherly figure in Pooja and perhaps had Pooja been in any other position would have adopted Arush as her foster son leading a normal family life with Dhruv.Whatever Pooja's intentions might have been using the child as a pawn in her game would never be seen in a right manner.Durga unlike Jhanvi never played with Dev's emotions what Pooja did with Dhruv.If Durga was cunning then Pooja was crafty using any means posdible for her revenge which Durga never did.Even Shivanya/Shivangi also.never targeted the whole family only killed those who.were the main culprits.Whatever Durga did was within the realms of justice unlike Pooja who.did not shy to use every means possible in her revenge game.Whether this is right/wrong depends on the perception of the viewers.

Actually except Jr mittals the entire mittal family is involved in the injustice done to ashok and his murder. Dadaji, chachi, suman, pk, commissioner and his wife. These people all knew each and every thing. 

SNOWWHITE83 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

All depend upon trp. And if cvs r not sadists i think she will have a happy ending.  by the look of tashans it gives me ladla vibes. Even in that film Raveena(good girl) was also there as parallel lead 😆

shruzzy thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I m sorry to all EHT fans and durga fans but u all are comparing totally wrong i havnt seen the series but i just read the wiki to know about and i m sorry to hear about durga but my question is did durga had disturbing childhood?  Was durga was all alone her life?  Was durga the one who witnessesd all this in childhood? ? ?  But I guess No when she witnessed this whe she was very much matured and her life not luxurious but was good one so when she took the decision in her hand she was knowing everything very well she was knowing dev before hand and not as just son of goenka's so her revenge and she both were postive and justified 

Now if we come to pooja she has witnessed lots of struggle in her childhood itself and was witnessing the worst scenario of her life ok i agree she had amma but again she cant parent the love which she got from her father and what she faced before amma also when she entered in mittals she just saw them happy none was reedemed and none of them are still redeeming chachi and all r accusing her also if pooja is so wrong in their room eyes why not even suman tried to apologize kavya? ? ? 

I m not saying that what pooja did was right or wrong but just a question did manupilating the kid had any adverse or wrong effect on him? ? 

Its just that Durga and Pooja are very different dont compare their deeds in name of law or positivity 

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

I think basically we as an audience still like to see good clean characters on tv ...because that’s what appeals to us in real life as well. In real life we don’t  like people who are rude, obnoxious, hurt other people ...because generally as humans we prefer good to bad. I said in another post .many of us haven’t formed that attachment to jaanvi and really appreciated her struggles because we didn’t see it. If they had shown us scenes showing us her struggles as a child ..we could have understood her thirst for revenge better and sympathized with her more. In tv dramas ....the viewers need to form an attachment to the characters to feel for them..sadly another shortcoming of this show is that the makers did not build up the viewers connection to jaanvi..and yes ..the makers can do this..the makers of Naamkarann did that with Avni..and she was adored ..Naamkaran has a huge fan base where the fans do not only love Avni ,.they love Aditi as well the actress who played Avni..The same with yrkkh..naira was shown as a child ..viewers saw her parents .and formed an attachment to her..that’s why adult naira is adored as well..and it’s the top show on Starplus 2.8 trp..after so many years.  The makers of EBSS...just did not think this whole show right...well let’s see what they can show us now. I think if Pooja stays grey and goes the maya route ..it will be a bad end for her. Maya was a psychopath..and for people like her it’s only death or life jail sentence..as for Pooja..she can be redeemed ..but realistically someone like her will need counseling to let go of her anger and learn to be happy again..at the moment she’s a miserable obnoxious woman..whose own sister wants nothing to do with her..let alone some viewers lol.. She has everything she wanted but still is alone..she will need to deal with that..Also at the moment i can’t see Kabir Pooja romance , it doesn’t make sense..as dhruv is in love with her and Kabir knows his brother loves her and she was his wife for one year..even though it was fake for her ,.for dhruv and Kabir it was real...so it will be a betrayal on kabirs part to to romance his brothers wife ..

kala16 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Indira1211

I think basically we as an audience still like to see good clean characters on tv ...because that’s what appeals to us in real life as well. In real life we don’t  like people who are rude, obnoxious, hurt other people ...because generally as humans we prefer good to bad. I said in another post .many of us haven’t formed that attachment to jaanvi and really appreciated her struggles because we didn’t see it. If they had shown us scenes showing us her struggles as a child ..we could have understood her thirst for revenge better and sympathized with her more. In tv dramas ....the viewers need to form an attachment to the characters to feel for them..sadly another shortcoming of this show is that the makers did not build up the viewers connection to jaanvi..and yes ..the makers can do this..the makers of Naamkarann did that with Avni..and she was adored ..Naamkaran has a huge fan base where the fans do not only love Avni ,.they love Aditi as well the actress who played Avni..The same with yrkkh..naira was shown as a child ..viewers saw her parents .and formed an attachment to her..that’s why adult naira is adored as well..and it’s the top show on Starplus 2.8 trp..after so many years.  The makers of EBSS...just did not think this whole show right...well let’s see what they can show us now. I think if Pooja stays grey and goes the maya route ..it will be a bad end for her. Maya was a psychopath..and for people like her it’s only death or life jail sentence..as for Pooja..she can be redeemed ..but realistically someone like her will need counseling to let go of her anger and learn to be happy again..at the moment she’s a miserable obnoxious woman..whose own sister wants nothing to do with her..let alone some viewers lol.. She has everything she wanted but still is alone..she will need to deal with that..Also at the moment i can’t see Kabir Pooja romance , it doesn’t make sense..as dhruv is in love with her and Kabir knows his brother loves her and she was his wife for one year..even though it was fake for her ,.for dhruv and Kabir it was real...so it will be a betrayal on kabirs part to to romance his brothers wife ..

I agree with all your points. I had mentioned all your thoughts in some other thread.

Even though they show how Pooja suffered it fails to impress as we didn't see it from scratch.

SRKisLove thumbnail

Double post 

Edited by SRKisLove - 4 years ago
SRKisLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indira1211

This sounds very judgmental and exactly what I was saying in the end about Kabir accepting Pooja only if she is 'good' enough for him. 

I agree that they should have shown her childhood more. But then Pooja would have been another Avni. What's the point in making this show then? Everybody would have seen the similarities with NK and called it a copy. 

The whole reason EBSS is different is because Pooja is not asking for the audience's sympathy. She is ethically questionable.

I dunno about JaBir as endgame,  but I don't want any taming or whitewashing of Pooja because that would send a regressive message to the audience.

If the makers show an ending for Pooja where she does not die or go to prison, that will be progressive because that's saying that flawed Ppl are also part of the society. 

One does not have to be forgiving, and 'positive' to be left at peace. 

But considering the trp audience is pretty stupid they might make Pooja a villain or a good, repentant woman. Sigh.

If we keep seeing good, clean characters, like you said,  the audience imagination will always be limited. 

In real life no one is good or bad, everybody is a mix of both. Wanting perfect characters on TV is ugh,  boring. Example, one of the firms I interned in the managing partner was shrewd and a dragon. She made Pooja look like a soft bunny. But she was a loving mother at home to three kids, and her firm is top 3 in her sector. 

Edited by SRKisLove - 4 years ago