Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

I don't think there is Ganesh birth story in shree madh bhagwat but I think it is decided  that some common things will be shown in every mythological serials like Ganesh birth and samudra  manthan

Samudra manthan  shown in every mythological serial

Viswasruti thumbnail

@Surabhi , Aalochak and Gayatri, 

The Hindu mythology presents many stories regarding the birth ofLord Ganesh ! The most well-known story is probably the one taken from the Shiva Purana, in which the description of Parvathi bathing with haldi paste   and as she didn’t want to be disturbed during her bath and since Nandi was not at Kailash to keep guard of the door, Parvati took the turmeric  paste from her body and made a form of a boy and breathed life into him. The remaining story you all must read.

History about the birth of Ganesha are found in many Puranas,  we can see the references to Ganesha in the earlier Puranas, such as the Vayu and Brahmanda Puranas.

A lesser known story from the Brahma Vaivarta Purana narrates a different version of Ganesha's birth. On the insistence of Shiva, Parvati fasted for a year (punyaka vrata) to propitiate Vishnu so that he would grant her a son. Vishnu, after the completion of the sacrifice, announced that he would incarnate himself as her son in every Kalpa (eon). Accordingly, Ganesha was born to Parvati as a charming infant. This event was celebrated with great enthusiasm and all the gods were invited to take a look at the baby. However, Shani (Saturn), the son of Surya, hesitated to look at the baby since Shani was cursed with the gaze of destruction. However, Parvati insisted that he look at the baby, which Shani did, and immediately the infant's head fell off. Seeing Shiva and Parvati grief-stricken, Vishnu rushed to the banks of the Pushpa-Bhadra river, from where he brought back the head of a young elephant. The head of the elephant was joined with the headless body of Parvati's son, thus reviving him. The infant was named Ganesha and all the Gods blessed Ganesha and wished Him power and prosperity.

Another tale of Ganesha's birth relates to an incident in which Shiva slew Aditya(Lord sun), the son of a sage. Shiva restored life to the dead boy, but this could not pacify the outraged sage Kashyapa, who was one of the seven great Rishis. Kashyap cursed Shiva and declared that Shiva's son would lose his head. When this happened, the head of Indra's elephant was used to replace it. 

Still another tale states that on one occasion, Parvati used bath-water was thrown into the Ganges, and this water was drunk by the elephant-headed Goddess Malini, who gave birth to a baby with four arms and five elephant heads. The river goddess Ganga claimed him as her son but Shiva declared him to be Parvati's son, reduced his five heads to one and enthroned him as the controller of obstacles.

The Ganesha Purana and the Mudgala Purana are core scriptures for devotees of Ganesha, known as Ganapatyas (Gāṇapatya). These are the only two Purana that is exclusively dedicated to Ganesha.

Yes, there was a mention of Lord Ganesh and his birth story briefly in Bhagavat Puran, in the context of  Krishna marrying Satyabhama and Jambavathi, which we normally read on the day of Ganesh Chaturthi, and its significance. The funny tumbling of Ganesh because of overeating and Moon heckling and Parvathi’s curse etc. In that context, there was a mention of Ganesh birth story briefly in Bhagavath Puran.  

Image result for Ganesh and Parvathi

Edited by Viswasruti - 4 years ago
surabhi01 thumbnail

Actually in bhagwat  about Lord Ganesh I know only one thing that Ganesh curse moon that no one will watch u on bhado  shukla paksh  chaturth  ( Hindi date according to Hindi panchag)  if anyone watch u in this day . That person will face uncessry defame  ( as moon laugh at Lord Ganesh when Lord Ganesh slip into mud) 

I didn't not know there is description of Lord Ganesh  birth story too . May be I missed that 

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

May be its shown to mark an auspicious beginning with Ganeshji's story & why is he pratham pujya.

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

The Hindu mythology presents many stories regarding the birth ofLord Ganesh ! The most well-known story is probably the one taken from the Shiva Purana, in which the description of Parvathi bathing with haldi paste   and as she didn’t want to be disturbed during her bath and since Nandi was not at Kailash to keep guard of the door, Parvati took the turmeric  paste from her body and made a form of a boy and breathed life into him. The remaining story you all must read.

History about the birth of Ganesha are found in many Puranas,  we can see the references to Ganesha in the earlier Puranas, such as the Vayu and Brahmanda Puranas.

A lesser known story from the Brahma Vaivarta Purana narrates a different version of Ganesha's birth. On the insistence of Shiva, Parvati fasted for a year (punyaka vrata) to propitiate Vishnu so that he would grant her a son. Vishnu, after the completion of the sacrifice, announced that he would incarnate himself as her son in every Kalpa (eon). Accordingly, Ganesha was born to Parvati as a charming infant. This event was celebrated with great enthusiasm and all the gods were invited to take a look at the baby. However, Shani (Saturn), the son of Surya, hesitated to look at the baby since Shani was cursed with the gaze of destruction. However, Parvati insisted that he look at the baby, which Shani did, and immediately the infant's head fell off. Seeing Shiva and Parvati grief-stricken, Vishnu rushed to the banks of the Pushpa-Bhadra river, from where he brought back the head of a young elephant. The head of the elephant was joined with the headless body of Parvati's son, thus reviving him. The infant was named Ganesha and all the Gods blessed Ganesha and wished Him power and prosperity.

Another tale of Ganesha's birth relates to an incident in which Shiva slew Aditya(Lord sun), the son of a sage. Shiva restored life to the dead boy, but this could not pacify the outraged sage Kashyapa, who was one of the seven great Rishis. Kashyap cursed Shiva and declared that Shiva's son would lose his head. When this happened, the head of Indra's elephant was used to replace it. 

Still another tale states that on one occasion, Parvati used bath-water was thrown into the Ganges, and this water was drunk by the elephant-headed Goddess Malini, who gave birth to a baby with four arms and five elephant heads. The river goddess Ganga claimed him as her son but Shiva declared him to be Parvati's son, reduced his five heads to one and enthroned him as the controller of obstacles.

The Ganesha Purana and the Mudgala Purana are core scriptures for devotees of Ganesha, known as Ganapatyas (Gāṇapatya). These are the only two Purana that is exclusively dedicated to Ganesha.

Yes, there was a mention of Lord Ganesh and his birth story briefly in Bhagavat Puran, in the context of  Krishna marrying Satyabhama and Jambavathi, which we normally read on the day of Ganesh Chaturthi, and its significance. The funny tumbling of Ganesh because of overeating and Moon heckling and Parvathi’s curse etc. In that context, there was a mention of Ganesh birth story briefly in Bhagavath Puran.  

Thanks mina for this info. I was about to respond to alochak but now I will let it be. Looks like there is a lot to learn from you my friend and am very glad for that.  Info sharing is the best way to learn so thanks again!!! 

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

@ gayatri, it should be madhuri not me in previous post.😊

Aalochak likes mytho shows specially krishna centric. Have seen him in dwarakadheesh forum earlier.

Am missing vrish and his esseys here. 

Edited by mnx12 - 4 years ago
RainFire125 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

@ gayatri, it should be madhuri not me in previous post.😊

Aalochak likes mytho shows specially krishna centric. Have seen him in dwarakadheesh forum earlier.

Am missing vrish and his esseys here. 

Oh yaaa I somehow thought it was your name. I will thank M as well :) 

RainFire125 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

So sorry M I don't know why I thought this was Mina and I thanked her :) 

So here is me saying thank you to you my dearest friend for this valuable piece of knowledge!!! 

surabhi01 thumbnail

Unfortunately there is some problem in my tv  and I couldn't not watch shreemadh   bhagwat

Can anyone give brief update of today episode? 

And please what is repeat timing of this serial

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: surabhi01

Unfortunately there is some problem in my tv  and I couldn't not watch shreemadh   bhagwat

Can anyone give brief update of today episode? 

And please what is repeat timing of this serial

Surabhi, 🤗tried my best to search for the link of today's episode, but failed to locate it. Will try tomorrow again. Here is an interesting link, just read friends. 😊 

https://www.exchange4media.com/media-tv-news/colors-brings-mythological-series-shrimad-bhagwat-mahapuran-97144.html