Hi all - what your thoughts on episode 1

Posted: 4 years ago

Hi all

What your thoughts on episode 1 ?

I have not watch episode. What they show  

One good pt is evident from 1st epi. They'll concentrate on stories from Puran, instead of showing their own interpretation.

Here Radha asks Krishna, about story of Ganesh's birth. 
Krishna, narrates the story, including back story of curse on Shivji about killing his own son.

Yes since this serial will come once in week so no chance of adding their own story in mythology story 

It is good that CVS going to show only original story

Though I love mythological serial and movies but  nowadays I have stop watching mythological serial because their is no originality left

This serial I will watch because it will be fully original

Happy to note that they are following the original storyline, i.e Bhagavata Puran. Haven't seen the first epi, but will try to see next epi in the next week.😊 

Thanks, Mina for this information.🤗

No they have a made up storyline... the 1st episode was on Ganesh birth ... which isn't even in Srimad Bhagwat.

The story telling and depiction wasn't bad though. It was crisp, authentic and to the point. Its just that they shouldn't have named the series SB. Maybe they should have called something like "Puran Katha" since they will be showing numerous unrelated mythological stories.

Edited by aalochak - 4 years ago

Shree madh bhagvat has 18000 slokas . And  it give information about sati shiv, shiv parwati  vivah and give information about 9 incarnation of Lord vishnu ( 10 th  incarnation Lord kalki yet to be taken  when kalyug going to finish) 

Actually  bhagvat is short summary of God activity. One cannot read all holy scrpiture  but bhagvat  is such holy granth which almost give details of Hindi holy book

And parikshit maharaaj is also  important character. Lets  see when he will enter

By original story I mean, they are following the Purana's story at least 70%. 

Not adding their own 80% interpretation & making it look like a very different modern version, where viewers can hardly relate to the story, which is the latest trend in making Mytho shows.

Originally posted by aalochak

No they have a made up storyline... the 1st episode was on Ganesh birth ... which isn't even in Srimad Bhagwat.

The story telling and depiction wasn't bad though. It was crisp, authentic and to the point. Its just that they shouldn't have named the series SB. Maybe they should have called something like "Puran Katha" since they will be showing numerous unrelated mythological stories.

ganesh ji ka story is very much there in SB.

No Ganesh story is not in SB. What is your reference ... what skandh, what adhyay?