Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cory thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
She is stupid in the sense she is inciting shit by the way her tweet is packaged she has her own agenda behind it
But if we take the gist of her tweet without adding her in it what she has said is plain facts, can't shy away from that or live in denial abt it. Its a damn serious issue, whataboutism ain't gonna help anyone
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

All these people who have no issue with Shabana's tweet had major problems with Sonu Nigam's tweet. 😆😆 (even though he was inclusive of all religions)

P.S. -- I did not find Sonu's tweet wrong at the same time, Shabana's tweet isn't wrong. Just she and her supporters are hypocrites of highest order.

Same way all those people who agreed with sonu nigam have major problem with shabana's tweet completely ignoring how this right wing journalist tried to ignite an old issue by adding some words 😆😆

angrybread thumbnail
India has a huge problem of child marriage and it is within top 10 countries for child brides , didn't know india has sharia law and even hindus follow sharia law 😕
Edited by angrybread - 5 years ago
1013440 thumbnail
they say charity begins at home, but we still have such generous big-hearted individuals like Shabana Azmi who care for and will always speak for the other community neglecting even their own...👏
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

of course India has Shariat laws too

Muslim personal law in India. Muslims in India are governed by The Muslim Personal Law (Shariat) Application Act, 1937. This law deals with marriage, succession, inheritance and charities among Muslims.
anjs thumbnail

Originally posted by: Heisenberg17_

Let me reiterate my point, Shabana highlighting social issues, using names of Hindu Goddesses, during a Hindu festival, is a bit like me highlighting social issues, like child marriages, using names of Aisha and Muhammad, during a Muslim festival... it is a cheapshot, would be considered communal and inflammatory, let's not kid ourselves.

Exactly...why can't people understand this small fact... she has a whole year to tweet about social issues... at least let people enjoy their festival in peace... we wish good things on festivals...not bad luck to people...
simim thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Heisenberg17_

Let me reiterate my point, Shabana highlighting social issues, using names of Hindu Goddesses, during a Hindu festival, is a bit like me highlighting social issues, like child marriages, using names of Aisha and Muhammad, during a Muslim festival... it is a cheapshot, would be considered communal and inflammatory, let's not kid ourselves.

Let me reiterate my point. There is nothing wrong in a tweet which basically says on the one hand we worship so many goddesses but treat women badly.

There are several things wrong with digging out old tweets adding allah and inshallah and publishing it now

It is also wrong to focus all these issues only during certain religious events and not during others.
angrybread thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

of course India has Shariat laws too

Muslim personal law in India. Muslims in India are governed by The Muslim Personal Law (Shariat) Application Act, 1937. This law deals with marriage, succession, inheritance and charities among Muslims.

That is if someone wants to take their advice it's not necessary and in some instances it is easier instead of long court procedures specially in cases of divorce or inheritance solutions , otherwise majority of Muslims i know only follow indian law only .

2nd link i posted says 84% child marriages in india are among hindus ...that's why i mentioned sharia law here as claimed on this thread that sharia law promotes child marriage .
angrybread thumbnail

Originally posted by: NathuPyare

they say charity begins at home, but we still have such generous big-hearted individuals like Shabana Azmi who care for and will always speak for the other community neglecting even their own...👏

shabana is doing that only she is speaking for her country , unless i missed something she is not in favour of triple talaq and other similar practices in muslims . She is hated by many muslims for her stand against some muslim practices .

Edited by angrybread - 5 years ago
anjs thumbnail

Originally posted by: angrybread

That is if someone wants to take their advice it's not necessary and in some instances it is easier instead of long court procedures specially in cases of divorce or inheritance solutions , otherwise majority of Muslims i know only follow indian law only .

2nd link i posted says 84% child marriages in india are among hindus ...that's why i mentioned sharia law here as claimed on this thread that sharia law promotes child marriage .

well, i have seen Muslim guys marry second time without divorcing the first wife...in fact, one just eloped with his second wife, without caring about his dependent wife and two small kids...i dont see that as an instance of using Sharia law to avoid long court procedures... we have famous celebs also using it to convert into Islam and remarrying, without divorcing their first wives, haven't we ??

So dont think its in special case...

anyways, the point of argument is Shabana's tweet is at a wrong time... she shouldnt have tried to marr the festival with such a communal tweets... but then knowing what a hypocrite she is...i wouldnt expect anything else from her
Edited by anjs - 5 years ago