Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
SLB maybe offered Ranbir a movie after sawariya but ranbir didn't want to work with SLB again. That was in 2007.
Ranveers debute dec 2010 and SLB maybe watch BBB in 2011.
It was said after SLB watched BBB he had a meeting with ranveer and wanted him for RL because he was impressed that he wasn't from Delhi but still was believable. Ranveer at that time already agreed to work with bhansali. And kareena was already the leading lady.
The Pakistani actor had a picture with SLB and put rumours out that they were in talks but it was never said for a lead role.
SSR put rumours out in the time befikre came out that he was the first choice for RL through his overactive PR back then.
We see how many times SLB meets so many people doesn't always mean it's for his own direction.

Ranveer and ranbir lose the chance for PK at that time. They all talked with raju but Aamir wanted to do that role that's why ranveer didn't agree to do BMB at first and it went to farhan. Ranveer said yes to RL and lootera shooting pushed the date further.
BV is an all different topic Vikas bahl told RK about Anurags project and after RK told anurag that he headed about his project and wants to be part of anurag said yes bc he wanted more budget.
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Cookies..

If anything, Imran Abbas was offered Ram Leela opposite Kareena and Aashiqui 2 and he rejected both for some reason and did Creatures with Bipasha Basu.

If this is true: He should write a book on 'How to Ruin Your Career in 15 Days' 👏
Edited by togepe30 - 5 years ago
Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Maraka_Musso89

Imran Abbas was never offered Ram Leela. He wanted it and was rumored to be SLB's plaything but that's all.

Ranbir and Ranveer's lineups were a mess back then. Ranveer was first supposed to do BMB while eyeing and being promised Bombay Velvet while Ranbir was courted by SLB for Ram Leela.

Then Ranbir -who was deemed as the next superstar at the time- made it known to Kashyap that he wanted to be part of BV so Ranveer lost BV to Ranbir and at the same time BMB to Farhan because ROM was tired to wait for Ranveer to give him his final answer.

SLB was in dire need of a hit back then and some people were fed up with his dictatorial attitude on sets.

When Ranbir turned down SLB, after having let him hanging before giving his answer the latter was miffed to no end.
SSR had already been roped in for another movie and Ranveer was the only choice left

I'm not saying this to put down Ranveer or anything. I was -and am- actually glad about how his career shaped up because of this very movie which paved the way for him.

Yeah Ranveer said something along those lines but I thought it was a way to say he used to masturbate on Kareena's pics lol.

@BOLD Yes he was the first choice. Imraan even talked about it. He did multiple interviews stating the same as well as many big news portals even reported that. He wanted it??? Why would that even be news??

This is one of many articles that came out about the same.

" Ranveer Singh wasn't the first choice for the role of Ram! Pakistani actor Imran Abbas, who was seen in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (2016) playing Anushka Sharma's boyfriend, was originally offered the part. But he turned it down due to "contractual obligations."

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think Ranbir turned down BBB because he perhaps did not like the script. Thinking back at the kind of scripts he was into when he first started and the kinds he actually ended up choosing, BBB probably wasn't something that appealed to Ranbir. It's another story it ended up working out, and for Ranveer in particular.

Likewise with Bombay Velvet...the script most definitely was something Ranbir believed in, it just did not work out in the end. I don't think any of this has to do with poor judgement and whatnot. It's all a part of what appeals to you as an actor (unless you're a Khan or could care less about the script per se). I'm not too sure about why or why not Ranbir turned down DDD, but the former two, I can get the sense of why he chose/did not choose.

With Gully Boy, I think Zoya has always mentioned Ranveer was the first choice.
Edited by starstruckk - 5 years ago
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Manmarziyaan

If Ranbir didn't reject BBB then Ranveer would have not gotten his break.

Ummm! He would have just done another film then😆

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

ranbir ka pr article aa gaya🤪

Edited by KrishnaKeshava - 5 years ago
PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

They copied this same article and they also forgot Zoya interview where she said Ranveer is her first and only choice 😆

damn or the desperate PR 🤢

next, they will twist KJO words that Ranbir is the first choice of Takht in Ranveer place 😉

Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -PD-

They copied this same article and they also forgot Zoya interview where she said Ranveer is her first and only choice 😆

next, they will twist KJO words that Ranbir is the first choice of Takht in Ranveer place 😉

Be ready for similar articles if 83 becomes a hit.

Edited by Melissaa - 5 years ago
DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

Originally posted by: -PD-

I wish SLB clears this ranbir being offered RL,BM, PV rumour. that would be so insulting.

ya Zoya herself said Ranveer was the first and only choice for gully boy. still ranbir's PR is shamelessly spreading this rumours.

Edited by KrishnaKeshava - 5 years ago
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: KrishnaKeshava

I wish SLB clears this ranbir being offered RL,BM, PV rumour. that would be so insulting.

ya Zoya herself said Ranveer was the first and only choice for gully boy. still ranbir's PR is shamelessly spreading this rumours.

"In fact, Ranbir was also offered Ram-Leela along with Bajirao Mastani and Padmaavat, but he refused all since he had decided not to work with Sanjay Leela Bhansali post his debut film Saawariya which had bombed at the box office."

this is so insulting for SLB... I hope he does speak up...like he did during Aishwarya's claim...