Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: bashful_moon

It is highly unlikely that any of the movies under SLB's banner would have been offered to Ranbir and Zoya is very vocal that Ranveer was the only choice for GB.

Ranveer was ousted from BV and Ranbir got it. Karma hit both the maker and the movie. Ranbir rejected BBB and Ranveer got it, and rest is the history.

Vidhu Vinod Chopra wanted Ranveer instead of Ranbir for Sanju but had to relent because of Hirani. He later went on to admit that ..."In retrospect, let's say I'm foolish. Yes, I was foolish..., But what this guy has done, I don't think anybody could have."

So one person's loss is another person's gain, it applies to both Ranveer and Ranbir.

Which movie is BV?
Edit: Bombay Velvet? Hmm

Even if that was the case, isn't it Ranbir's foolishness to let go of good films. How can they try to claim that someone else has walked away with Ranbir's credit when Ranbir didnt even star in the film? 😆

If RK decided to refuse it, should makers have scrapped the film? Ki, agar RK nahi karega, to hum banayenge hi nahi film.😆

Jiska bhi PR hai bhai, maha ghatiya article. Chahe RK ka ho ya RS ka. Very stupid. Both of them are beginning to disgust me.
Edited by togepe30 - 5 years ago
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Thanks.
Lol. I had to check his filmography to decode the abbreviation 😆
Things IF makes me do. Sometimes I really judge myself for this😆
Edited by togepe30 - 5 years ago
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: togepe30

Which movie is BV?

Even if that was the case, isn't it Ranbir's foolishness to let go of good films. How can they try to claim that someone else has walked away with Ranbir's credit when Ranbir didnt even star in the film? 😆

If RK decided to refuse it, should makers have scrapped the film? Ki, agar RK nahi karega, to hum banayenge hi nahi film.😆

Jiska bhi PR hai bhai, maha ghatiya article. Chahe RK ka ho ya RS ka. Very stupid. Both of them are beginning to disgust me.

This is not anyone' PR. Its just SK jha spewing his usual hate 😆
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: anjs

Hadd Hoti hai yaar accusations ki .. 🤢

Ranveer ke baare mein kuch bhi bolo chalta hain
WhosTheFool thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
SKJ is making Ranbir sound like some Vicky Donor incarnate.
DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

ranbir was offered the side role in gully boy for those who don't know. how insulting is that😆
Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Cookies..

Umm.. No.

If anything, Imran Abbas was offered Ram Leela opposite Kareena and Aashiqui 2 and he rejected both for some reason and did Creatures with Bipasha Basu instead.

I remember Ranveers KWK episode with Anushka. He was a bit abnoxious at that time but I think the most he said was he stepped into manhood after seeing Kareena.

Other than that, as someone said before, even if someone is offered a project, it means nothing if they don't do it. Ultimately, the success or failure of a film only affects the actor who does it. We don't put failures of other actors on the initial actors who were offered. Ranveer owns his success. Ranbir shouldn't even get an iota of credit for Ranveers work and vice versa. They own their own successes and failure. This 'who was offered first' thing is extremely dumb because it doesn't matter unless you do the peoject.

Imran Abbas was never offered Ram Leela. He wanted it and was rumored to be SLB's plaything but that's all.

Ranbir and Ranveer's lineups were a mess back then. Ranveer was first supposed to do BMB while eyeing and being promised Bombay Velvet while Ranbir was courted by SLB for Ram Leela.

Then Ranbir -who was deemed as the next superstar at the time- made it known to Kashyap that he wanted to be part of BV so Ranveer lost BV to Ranbir and at the same time BMB to Farhan because ROM was tired to wait for Ranveer to give him his final answer.

SLB was in dire need of a hit back then and some people were fed up with his dictatorial attitude on sets.

When Ranbir turned down SLB, after having let him hanging before giving his answer the latter was miffed to no end.
SSR had already been roped in for another movie and Ranveer was the only choice left

I'm not saying this to put down Ranveer or anything. I was -and am- actually glad about how his career shaped up because of this very movie which paved the way for him.

Yeah Ranveer said something along those lines but I thought it was a way to say he used to masturbate on Kareena's pics lol.
Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: KrishnaKeshava

ranbir was offered the side role in gully boy for those who don't know. how insulting is that 😆

Well Zoya rewarded Ranveer for having taken the role she offered in DDD.
Ranbir lost so much opportunities because of his choices... anyways kudos to Ranveer because in the end it's his choices and love for Bollywood cinema which made him what he is today.
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Maraka_Musso89

Imran Abbas was never offered Ram Leela. He wanted it and was rumored to be SLB's plaything but that's all.

Ranbir and Ranveer's lineups were a mess back then. Ranveer was first supposed to do BMB while eyeing and being promised Bombay Velvet while Ranbir was courted by SLB for Ram Leela.

Then Ranbir -who was deemed as the next superstar at the time- made it known to Kashyap that he wanted to be part of BV so Ranveer lost BV to Ranbir and at the same time BMB to Farhan because ROM was tired to wait for Ranveer to give him his final answer.

SLB was in dire need of a hit back then and some people were fed up with his dictatorial attitude on sets.

When Ranbir turned down SLB, after having let him hanging before giving his answer the latter was miffed to no end.
SSR had already been roped in for another movie and Ranveer was the only choice left

I'm not saying this to put down Ranveer or anything. I was -and am- actually glad about how his career shaped up because of this very movie which paved the way for him.

Yeah Ranveer said something along those lines but I thought it was a way to say he used to masturbate on Kareena's pics lol.

ranveer has never said he masturbates on kareena's pics, he said as a joke on kwk about transitioning into manhood wen he once saw kareena at a sports club he used to go to

and i have never heard about rk being offered ramleela, how cud that happen wen his cousin kareena was the first choice for leela?

Edited by zara321 - 5 years ago
bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: togepe30

Which movie is BV?

I agree. It was Ranbir's foolishness to let go of so many good movies. And I also agree that it is ridiculous to claim that so and so walked away with Ranbir's credit when he had already refused the project at the onset. The ultimate credit or blame should both go to the one who has starred in the final product, not the ones who were initially considered. And why should anybody cancel a movie, especially if it has the potential to become a hit, just because RK or anyone rejected it? I don't think I have even implied it. Apologies if you got such an impression from the post.

I was simply trying to mean that no one would know the mysterious way that destiny works. Ranbir's losses became Ranveer's gain just as Hirani not choosing Ranveer for Sanju despite Vidhu Chopra's insistence became Ranbir's gain. The game of gain and loss as we view it, but in my belief both of them got what was destined for them.

With regards to SK Jha and likes, well they thrive on ghatiya articles like this... IF gives him even more fodder. The fanbase adds the fuel to that fire. Result SK Jha's mission accomplished...😆😆

Edited by bashful_moon - 5 years ago