Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Paachaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
I think we need to realize that these cases took time to come out to the media and did not happen in a day before passing judgements about how Hirani could be framed.
The first teaser of ELKDTAL came with Sanju which had Hirani in it. The first poster without Hirani's name came out in December. And the revelation came out in January. So it's not like the girl just woke up one day and slapped a case on Hirani. There must have been something that happened between June to December for Vidhu to completely disassociate himself with someone like Hirani. Those months must have been used to hear out both the parties and come to a decision. Even the big reveal did not happen just like that. First it was news about missing credits, then blind about him harassing his AD ans finally some days later, the news broke out naming him. So this must have been in news amidst the industry for a few months now, otherwise we wouldn't really get such confirmed blinds. These details are passed on by people in the industry to the media so the problem must have been going on for sometime now.

Same with Vikas Bahl. While his case might have gained prominence last year after Me Too in India, the whole incident was reported way back in 2017 by Mumbai Mirror. Which means even Vikas' accusation wasn't a sudden one but something had happened between 2017 to 2018 for Vikas' partners to come out open in the media and talk about it. Even here, like Anurag said, he has not been on speaking terms with Vikas for a year, so the time of the Mumbai Mirror report was probablt when the girl had complained to Phantom and that info got passed on to MM (2017).

Nothing happens suddenly. All these things happen way earlier but survivors take time to open up and internal investigations take a lot of time. Also pretty sick that Hrithik went on doing Super 30 despite Vikas' case out in Mumbai Mirror in 2017 and VVC did not bother to open up on the issue regarding Hirani and instead, took off his name silently from the trailers.
Edited by Paachaa - 5 years ago
LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

I had come to the film industry in 1965. After so many years if I am asked who are the most  decent people you met in this industry over almost 5 decades,  perhaps the first name that will come to my mind is RAJU HIRANI. G.B Shaw has said . " it is too dangerous to be too good -Javed Akhtar.

The way these men are throwing their great character certificates about him. As if he'd ever do anything infront of them to a woman. 

Does Javed Akhtar realise how stupid he sounds here ? 
Someone can be a casanova but still not ever indulge in sexually harassing someone and sometimes even someone with a clean image can end up doing something horrible ...

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Paachaa

I think we need to realize that these cases took time to come out to the media and did not happen in a day before passing judgements about how Hirani could be framed.

The first teaser of ELKDTAL came with Sanju which had Hirani in it. The first poster without Hirani's name came out in December. And the revelation came out in January. So it's not like the girl just work up one day and slapped a case on Hirani. There must have been something that happened between June to December for Vidhu to completely disassociate himself with someone like Hirani. Those months must have been used to hear out both the parties and come to a decision. Even the big reveal did not happen just like that. First it was news about missing credits, then blind about him harassing his AD ans finally some days later, the news broke out naming him. So this must have been in news amidst the industry for a few months now, otherwise we wouldn't really get such confirmed blinds. These details are passed on by people in the industry to the media so the problem must have been going on for sometime now.

Same with Vikas Bahl. While his case might have gained prominence last year after Me Too in India, the whole incident was reported way back in 2017 by Mumbai Mirror. Which means even Vikas' accusation wasn't a sudden one but something had happened between 2017 to 2018 for Vikas' partners to come out open in the media and talk about it. Even here, like Anurag said, he has not been on speaking terms with Vikas for a year, so the time of the Mumbai Mirror report was probablt when the girl had complained to Phantom and that info got passed on to MM (2017).

Nothing happens suddenly. All these things happen way earlier but survivors take time to open up and internal investigations take a lot of time. Also pretty sick that Hrithik went on doing Super 30 despite Vikas' case out in Mumbai Kirror in 2017 and VVC did not bother to open up on the issue regarding Hirani and instead, took of his name silently from the trailers.

Precisely. This entire case has been going on from November. What's even glaring is that even after the MeToo revelations throughout last year, when the woman revealed it to Chopra and Co, neither their or Hirani's company had an ICC. No harassment cell which just reiterates how much this industry doesnt really care. The woman did everything she possibly could to tackle the situation without revealing her name or spend her money fighting in courts. The mails, the talks. If she took the Aditi Hydari way she could have been swimming in money right now and we wouldn't have known anything. 

Also a major point is that her account of the incident was verified from other sources close to her too which the reporter checked out. 
jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Am I wrong to think that this might not be the first time VVC got a complaint about Hirani? Maybe this is the one that finally made him break the relationship because of MeToo movement and couldn't hide it this time. 
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I don't believe every Me Too case . Some are bcz of personal grudges or stay in the news , some were Not even Me too. but you get an idea which is real and fake . You get the vibes and this case is REAL just like Nanda's. I am sure woman is saying the truth .

Watch the Documentary The Keepers . Those some women decided to talk abt the harassment after 20 years . No matter when you talk about it , no matter if you are able to prove the case or not but that person needs to be exposed in public . At least people will know what kind of person he is .
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jb508

Am I wrong to think that this might not be the first time VVC got a complaint about Hirani? Maybe this is the one that finally made him break the relationship because of MeToo movement and couldn't hide it this time. 

This could be a reason. 

I am still on the fence. Will wait it out. 
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -PD-

Off the topic, I sometimes think how DP, Anushka and other outsiders survived this horrible BW. They are completely outsider who made it big.

Sometimes if you become too big with your first film, you can escape all this. No one would want to sexually harass a big star. It's the struggling ones or smaller stars that face harassment mostly. Pre OSO, DP might have faced things, same with Anu. During their modelling days.
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

Sometimes if you become too big with your first film, you can escape all this. No one would want to sexually harass a big star. It's the struggling ones or smaller stars that face harassment mostly. Pre OSO, DP might have faced things, same with Anu. During their modelling days.

I still have a feeling that DP might not have faced it due to her surname... Prakash Padukone was quite a famous sportsmen, maybe not of Gavaskar or Kapil Dev's stature, but still a name to reckon with and also a person no nonsense attitude...
Somehow I have a bad feeling that this will be swept under the rug and forgotten..the Bollywood industry is way worse than even Hollywood with this and even there only a while ago did some disgusting things about popular actors etc. come out. Before that while many if not most knew it, no one spoke up.