I disagree. 

Rani in Mrs. Chatterjee

Deepika in Jawan

Shilpa in Sukhee

Ameesha in Gadar 2

Taapsee in Dunki

Katrina in Tiger 3

Kiara in Satyaprem Ki Katha

You just proved my point with that list. Except Rani and to some extent Kiara, the rest of them were just supporting acts. Read my post again before disagreeing. I was talking about the movies that were helmed by the male leads from the front. 

Edited by loginidran - 4 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: loginidran

You just proved my point with that list. Except Rani and to some extent Kiara, the rest of them were just supporting acts. Read my post again before disagreeing. I was talking about the movies that were helmed by the male leads from the front. 

I only agree about that for Deepika and Ameesha. Deepika's role I would nominate for Best Supporting Actress (although people on here were arguing that because she overshadowed the film and the real leading heroine, that she should be nominated for Best Actress). And Ameesha admitted that she and Sunny Deol were sidelined in Gadar 2 which they reluctantly accepted but she would not allow this to occur for Gadar 3 out of respect to fans who were coming for them.

Shilpa is literally Sukhee, the titular character, and the film revolves around her. Fans and critics both were saying that Tiger 3 was more Zoya's movie than Tiger's due to the emphasis on Katrina and it was a career best for her, giving her such a meaty role. Taapsee's role is as large as SRK's heroines usually get and in the spoiler thread for Dunki, there are people arguing that the film is actually more hers than SRK's. That the film takes place from her perspective, as we begin with her and the flashbacks are all from her POV, and everything hinges around her character.

loginidran thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I only agree about that for Deepika and Ameesha. Deepika's role I would nominate for Best Supporting Actress (although people on here were arguing that because she overshadowed the film and the real leading heroine, that she should be nominated for Best Actress). And Ameesha admitted that she and Sunny Deol were sidelined in Gadar 2 which they reluctantly accepted but she would not allow this to occur for Gadar 3 out of respect to fans who were coming for them.

Shilpa is literally Sukhee, the titular character, and the film revolves around her. Fans and critics both were saying that Tiger 3 was more Zoya's movie than Tiger's due to the emphasis on Katrina and it was a career best for her, giving her such a meaty role. Taapsee's role is as large as SRK's heroines usually get and in the spoiler thread for Dunki, there are people arguing that the film is actually more hers than SRK's. That the film takes place from her perspective, as we begin with her and the flashbacks are all from her POV, and everything hinges around her character.

Sunny Deol wasn’t sidelined in G2. He was practically the heartbeat of the movie.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: loginidran

Sunny Deol wasn’t sidelined in G2. He was practically the heartbeat of the movie.

Ameesha Patel feels that the heartbeat of the original movie was Tara Singh and Sakina's romance and that this was downplayed in Gadar 2 which is why the film did not do so well internationally. Also that the compromise reached for Gadar 2 was that the first half of the movie belonged to her and the second half belonged to Sunny.

RedAmaranth thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RedAmaranth

Kjo kal hi Vanga ke saath party karte dikhega.. to get rid of the failed tag. 

smiley37

CDN media

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Rewatch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and you will see that Kjo is not that far off from Vanga.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Maybe... although I doubt... between hailing the vision of an 'alpha-male' (Vanga) and projecting own frustrations about a former love-interest into a female role instead of a male one (Karan), I see a big difference.

Also, Karan gives me slimy vibes in hailing Vanga...

Edited by Clochette - 4 months ago
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

Tiger 3 was the zoya show more so as it was her background story with emraan H and that’s why the chose Pak as the country and the saving the PM peace etc Angle. He let her have a meaty storyline as compared to the other Tiger series though she had meaty roles in all 3. 

Had it been more Salman show and elevations  it be much higher grosser as the action was top notch including his entry scene. Salman got appreciated on his acting in this movie by neutral critics and audiences. Even  his scene with Pathan got  applause. Though Salman's entry scene in Pathan was done better then Srks. 

They only messed up the story because it was pro peace pak angle had they chosen another country or mission the movie would have been a high grossing movie. Though the story itself was coherent n made sense and the action was top notch and everything placed well. The Indians didn’t like the peace angle and Salman not being portrayed how he was in the other Tiger series in comparison and that’s where the writer missed out on was the dialogues and the director on his direction. But key was the story. 

Whereas n sorry to sunny or vanga enthusiasts there was no story lol just testosterone being pumped n and pro Indian and patriotic theme. Still shocking on how much it made because it wasn’t even hyped. I’m still in shock on how and why it did well. It will remain a mystery to me. In overseas it didn’t do well which made sense as this outdated 90 style movie isn’t what they want to see  now. Whereas , Gardar 1 had a great story n the appreciation it got made sense. I supporter Gardar 2 because I liked Gardar 1 but wherever Sunny was not in the movie it was boring 🥱 and mainly nostalgic as they had two popular songs that they remixed.
Now moving on to Animal this was testosterone plus misogynistic movie with xxx scenes etc. whatever the reasons the audience enjoyed it INDIA. Plus movie was hyped prior to release n Vangas previous movies like Kabir Singh etc n his marketing strategy brought in crowds plus the higher ticket prices be it overseas or in India. Other big movies continued the higher prices. 

Tiger 3 should have in overseas giving the initial boost better marketing strategy overseas as movie had mainly positive WOM overseas because the liked this kinda action n didn’t care on story as much once some Indian critics saw it they started the negativity etc. Animal only women n some men critics criticized how it degraded women yet male youth n even women youth could care less. 

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

Originally posted by: Clochette

Maybe... although I doubt... between hailing the vision of an 'alpha-male' (Vanga) and projecting own frustrations about a former love-interest into a female role instead of a male one (Karan), I see a big difference.

Also, Karan gives me slimy vibes in hailing Vanga...

whatever it is the Youth enjoyed it n they the ones these days who made movies money spinners. The family audience picks n chooses what they want to see as OTT is how they can watch movies then spending money in theaters. They want entertainment xxx patriotism n violence in the movies. Two movies with 90 style action shows that. Vangas movie with dome other star too would have done well. When Bobby with only some minutes becomes viral with no dialogues just Jamal kudu n his violent behavior tells u something. Same with shahid who scored well with Kabir Singh lol 😂 though I think some manipulations on numbers by Vanga 100 cr or so just to get his stars into certain clubs still we gotta say Vanga knows how to manipulate