Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Paachaa

The white washing and changing the storyline has happened but still it is the story of Sanjay Dutt. Let's just say it is Sanju's version of his life story since literally everyone has been blamed for his wrong doings in the film except him. Yet it remains a biopic, be it true or untrue. Hardly has there been any biopic which has not met with controversies or disagreements. Even a well meaning biopic like Neerja met with disagreements with people who were in the flight for the inauthentic portrayal for rescue operation.

We still don't know why both his first wife and daughter were ommited from the film. One out of them is no more and the other has been known as a sensitive person in media articles. So a lot also depends upon the individuals whether they give permission to someone to portray them onscreen.

But despite the whitesashing, the film had enough women in a film revolving around a male protagonist. The somen were present adequately in the trailers as well as the film. The underlying misogyny through some parts of the film though were terrible and was in bad taste.

I know why his first wife and daughter were omitted from the movie because it would have shown how vile and pathetic human Sanjay is that he divorced his first wife when she was struggling with a deadly brain tumour because he was caught off-guard with Madhuri. Everyone agreed that Sanju was an amazingly misogynist movie when a woman is laughing when someone is objectifying women by telling that he has slept with 350 plus women. Simmba had a more prominent role of a woman than Sanju.
YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Why does every topic in this forum turn into a battleground? 👎🏼

Did people even watch the interview? 😆
Edited by LoveInAutumn26 - 5 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

Did people even watch the interview?😆</font>[/DIV]

No I'm just running off at the mouth like usual 😆
Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DragonBoy49

Tiek hai aapki marzi

I watch her interviews too tho I can't stand her 75% of the time 😆

I said I like her FC interviews I never said  I agree with everything she says or does. 😉
Edited by Melissaa - 5 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Melissaa

I said I like her FC interviews I never said  I agree with everything she says or does. 😉

A poster after my own heart 😆😆

Her interviews are fine but I cant stand her as person or critic 😆😆
Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Paachaa

@Mellisa - My reply was in context of this reply of yours where you've mentioned about flower pot roles in some of his films. You didn't mention anything about misogyny nor did I say about the same.

Since you spoke about flower pot roles, I replied about the same since none of his films have women playing flower pot roles. 

But now since you've brought in misogyny, I completely agree with you about her not being vocal about that in Sanju. She should have. Even if she doesn't review her husband's films,she should speak about it later,like when they have these roundtables and year ender discussions.

I should have been more specific and made it clear that I was talking about Sanju only and her silence on the blatant misogyny shown in the movie. I think we have to agree to disagree on wheather female roles in Sanju are  flowerpot roles or not.. 

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: DragonBoy49

No I'm just running off at the mouth like usual 😆

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not 😆
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not 😆

Ill let it remain a mystery 😆😆
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Epic bezathi to srk & his so called stardom lmao !
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

😆Edited by Eternal_Way - 5 years ago