Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Paachaa

Sanju starts with Manyata stopping him from commiting suicide which is the reason he is alive to tell his story in the film. His drug issues revolve around his mother and girlfriend. His mother's death makes him check into rehab and her presence in his mind and encouragement makes him sober. The biographer in the film is a woman who ties all the lose ends including his long lost friendship with Kamli which leads to a happy ending. So all the female characters have a part in the development of the story despite having small screen time. And it's a biography at the end of the day so the makers can only include the women who have existed in Sanjay's personal life unlike a fictional film where they have all the freedom who include as many female characters as possible.

Yeah that's why they completely ignored Sanju's first wife and daughter?
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: FilmiDhun

This is how brutal the industry is. Now that shahrukh is a flop, Shetty is making such statements, no matter how true it is.

Shetty would have never had the audacity to speak like this if Srk's films were becoming blockbusters.

Exactly πŸ˜†πŸ‘
Paachaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AhmadZahir

Yeah that's why they completely ignored Sanju's first wife and daughter?

What if Sanju or his own daughter had a problem with it? Would the director stils go ahead including them overriding the wishes of the person on whom the biopic is being made at the first place?
That's why biopic is different from a fictional film. You have freedom in a fictional film whereas in a biopic you need to keep in mind what the person thinks on whom the biopic is being made.
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

pata nahi kiski movie thi maine to CE abhi tak nahi dekhi... 
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
LOL @ the comments that Rohit wanted to work with SRK and he gave him his biggest hit πŸ€ͺ ( obviously he would say such things during promotion doesn't mean this is how it happened ) 
Rohit was having an amazing time with Singham and Golmaals . It was SRK who wanted to work with Rohit just like he wants to work with every director who gives hits like Anand L Rai, Imitiaz etc . It is a different thing he is giving flops with other directors and Rohit gave him a hit movie but he did kabada of Dilwale with his intereference . Dilwale doesn't even look like a Rohit movie 
Sociopath thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

But which film of Anupama's husband had the female lead in a flowerpot role?

Khamosh, Parinda, 1942 A Love Story, Mission Kashmir, Kareeb, Parineeta, Munnabhai MBBS, Lage Raho Munnabhai, 3 Idiots, Eklavya, PK, Waazir, Sanju and now Ek Ladki Ko Dekha To Aisa Laga..all the films that he has produced or directed have had the female leads playing an important part in the film or playing protagonists themselves. Maybe the screen time of the women in Sanju was less yet it so many female characters who move the story forward, esp Manisha Koirala.

So why will Anupama criticize her husband's films when they have never had women playing flower pot roles? What is there to criticize?

forget abt flowerpot role, they literally showed how sanju was proud that he slept with 350 or something girls and balatkaari speech in 3idiots, i haven't heard her feminist jap abt these movies. why so hypocrite? she should've criticized those movies too then.
crispsy thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

LOL @ the comments that Rohit wanted to work with SRK and he gave him his biggest hitπŸ€ͺ( obviously he would say such things during promotion doesn't mean this is how it happened )

Rohit was having an amazing time with Singham and Golmaals . It was SRK who wanted to work with Rohit just like he wants to work with every director who gives hits like Anand L Rai, Imitiaz etc . It is a different thing he is giving flops with other directors and Rohit gave him a hit movie but he did kabada of Dilwale with his intereference . Dilwale doesn't even look like a Rohit movie

Thats his biggest issue i think. He has been pushing and publicly lobbying SLB for a film. Now he will get some half backed project in return πŸ˜†

Shetty has his own style of film-making. It was his idea to make parody of DDLJ which didn't work at all. His obsession with his former self continued with Fan, Zero, JHMS etc. His image is a thing of the past but he can't seem to get over it. Thats why i find him to be too egoistic. Now he is ruining every movies with his obsession with VFX.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
As an ardent SRK fan, I have to agree that Chennai Express was Deepika's film. Was it written to be her film? Was that the intent all along? I have no idea. BUT objectively speaking Deepika shone in the movie. Her character was better written, better developed, and got the best laughs. I don't know if it happened intentionally or organically, but Chennai Express is one of his only films where the female role is substantial. 
I have seen all his movies. Even Kareena in the Golmaal flicks was sidetracked. Any statement otherwise is just Rohit trying to cash in some feminist chips. He would not have said the same a few years ago. He is riding on the success of Simmba and that his harebrained plot worked. He needs more tact that fellow. 

As an SRK fan, I was sorely disappointed that he even agreed to sign up for a stupid Rohit Shetty movie. I thought he sold himself short. It is one of his poor movie choices. But there is absolutely nothing wrong or embarrassing for a leading man to play second fiddle to the female lead. There is nothing wrong or embarrassing to have a female costar outshine you either. It is embarrassing if you believe female roles inherently have to be inferior and female actors inherently are less than.  If he signed on for a film where the female role was intentionally written to be better than kudos to him for taking that risk.

----------

Why is Anupama Chopra dragged into this? She doesn't review any films produced or directed by her husband. No one should ever have to speak for their spouse, parents, sibling or children. 
Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: laxmi9

U r wrong. Rohit didn't offer the movie to SRK Kajol but only to SRK. It was SRK's decision to have Kajol since 25 yr anniversary of DDLJ is going to come and it wud be a treat to fans acc. to him. IMO, he wanted to cash on it. No wonder Rohit is pissed. There were lot of changes made against Rohit to suit the SRK Kajol fans. It is actually mainly brothers story but it got changed into love story.

I beg to disagree, since the movie's inception they were toying with reuniting the pairing hence the title Dilwale which was supposed to remind the fans of DDLJ. 

In fact I suspect they had the cast in mind even before having a sound script. 
As a director, it's his own fault that the movie turned out to be shitty and was saved only thanks to the pairing fans. 

His movie was nonsensical. He should have just taken responsabilit for this instead of throwing excuses around.  
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

What if Sanju or his own daughter had a problem with it? Would the director stils go ahead including them overriding the wishes of the person on whom the biopic is being made at the first place?
That's why biopic is different from a fictional film. You have freedom in a fictional film whereas in a biopic you need to keep in mind what the person thinks on whom the biopic is being made.

but how does it become a biopic, if you change the basic story of the guy...  all other white-washing not withstanding...erasing two people entirely from the life, shows how untrue it is...