Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Paachaa thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: hantel

Kaise hoyega achcha ad. Every ad on TV is by any BW star... they lobby hard to get brands... because nowadays that's their main source of income... and then armtwist them to make the ad from his/her friend's ad agency... these days it's Dharma 2.0. Toh kachra hi toh dikhenge ads ke naam par.
Another reason behind bad ads is... the trend of those samaj seva type ads... they do nothing for the brand... you totally forget which brand's ad that andhe ko TV dikhao ad was... yah gareeb bachche ko chocolate khilao ad... or 3rd gender ke liye aansu na rok pao ad... some of them were really good... but now as those have become a trend it neither amuse you or makes you think nor do they help the brand in any way.

Add digital ads to the list. The most boring format of them all. They are like mini short films.😆 I know everyone loved those amouk ads with the lesbian story and Radhika's working mom one but I found them so boring and tiresome! 🥱

True about BW stars hogging brands. And being absolute shit at them, esp if it's a character play. I remember earlier how these models would get a break in the industry after starring in ads. Ab toh woh sab khatam ho gaya.
576281 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Paachaa

Is anyoen here interested in ads? I feel it's been a terrible year for Indian ads. I don't remember a single and effective ad on TV/web which was good, except for the flipkart one. 😕

Me me! I love watching these old ads on YT...I don't know about the current scene but something tells me that they don't make anymore iconic ads like 'washing powder nirma, hamara bajaj' etc...😆
GumGum thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Add digital ads to the list. The most boring format of them all. They are like mini short films.😆 I know everyone loved those amouk ads with the lesbian story and Radhika's working mom one but I found them so boring and tiresome! 🥱

True about BW stars hogging brands. And being absolute shit at them, esp if it's a character play. I remember earlier how these models would get a break in the industry after starring in ads. Ab toh woh sab khatam ho gaya.

BW celeb ads are all the same... har 6 mahine baad ek hi ad ki different different versions aate hai, only the brands and celeb face change. Even the quirky ones also make you say yeh ho chuka hai.
Paachaa thumbnail
576281 thumbnail
]
I used to like her one liners and quick wit..😆.Wonder why she doesn't post anymore though...
Paachaa thumbnail
I think she quit the forum long back.
TheSupergirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@CF
Yeah yeah no doubt, RK was superb as always.
But the story had such a poor script. I mean the entire thing of her suffering from cancer in the end n all was ekta kapoor level nonsense. I was so bored by the end of the movie. Even RK couldn't save it for me.

And God knows why Fawad even did that movie. Probably his screen time was reduced because of the controversy but i so wanted to see more of him.

Have to see now what Kjo does to Takht.
Edited by TheSupergirl - 5 years ago
AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Sorry to butt in...but RK was a treat to watch, with all the stupidity of the character that he got to play, I will say he put forth one of the most amazing performances...If you watch the movie just to experience his acting skills, you wont find it that intolerable but otherwise yes its such a terrible movie!

But he'd literally played the same angst ridden character in atleast 3-4 movies. There was nothing new in his treatment. And yeah ADHM was a terrible movie. Comparing that to Tamasha he was better I feel. The to and fro he did from one Ved to another was something new. There's a running joke about how he plays the same character in different movies. Man-child without any ambition in a foreign locale trying to find himself and boom comes a woman and changes him. Wake-up Sid, Rockstar,YJHD,Tamasha,ADHM, Bombay Velvet. All of them fit lmao. 😆 I think the only movie I've thoroughly enjoyed and applauded was Rocket Singh.That was incredible!
576281 thumbnail

I think she quit the forum long back.

I also need to quit..this forum is no good, no good!😔
576281 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

But he'd literally played the same angst ridden character in atleast 3-4 movies. There was nothing new in his treatment. And yeah ADHM was a terrible movie. Comparing that to Tamasha he was better I feel. The to and fro he did from one Ved to another was something new. There's a running joke about how he plays the same character in different movies. Man-child without any ambition in a foreign locale trying to find himself and boom comes a woman and changes him. Wake-up Sid, Rockstar,YJHD,Tamasha,ADHM, Bombay Velvet. All of them fit lmao. 😆 I think the only movie I've thoroughly enjoyed and applauded was Rocket Singh.That was incredible!

I am aware of this 'man-child' thing and I don't know how to explain it, but I don't feel that way! 😆...I simply love to watch him onscreen doing anything, even if its a man-child!:)