Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: J2lover

@ RED: The fangirl inside me, was jumping all around at the end of the episode!πŸ˜† It was a 'seeti maar' performance by sumedh! Those transitions were like chameleon-personified! Though, i felt bad for yashoda maiyya!πŸ˜† Poor mother, she has to put up so much with her bratty god-child!πŸ˜†  Haha I was feeling bad for Yashoda too...what a brat she is dealing with and she has no idea how easily he manages to take her for a ride...bechaari bholi MaiyyaπŸ˜†...even though he was putting up a nautanki for sympathy, I liked that he made it clear later on that he was upset with his mother being put through that stress by Jatila etc. 

@Blue : Some dialogues he said, while on his alleged 'aankhri kshan' on bed were HILARIOUS!!!πŸ˜† The one in particular that cracked me was, 'ISHWAR JO KARTE HAI, ACCHE KE LIYE' something on those lines!πŸ˜†And also, when balram couldn't control the giggle at, kirtida's , " ISHWAR PE BHAROSA RAKHO"!🀣 I could so relate to balram's reaction that time!πŸ˜† He was like, 'Why the hell, am i even putting up with him'!πŸ˜†i was resonating with balram today , 'WHY SO MUCH OF DRAMA'!πŸ˜† I mean, potraying yourself weak and coward is one thing, but doing such nautanki, needs some serious acting chops!πŸ˜†  ROFL those lines cracked me up too cuz the nautanki was next level...Ishwar ke bharose ka drama jab tum khud hi Ishwar ho...only Krishna can do thisπŸ˜†

Agree upon the transition part!πŸ‘ To bring that divine depth in eyes, just in some mere seconds, was commendable at sumedh's part! Am glad krishna and balram had the conversation regarding their TRUE FORMS today! It shows, they are on a mission!😎 I also wish they would talk about their real parents some day! Because, the torture they are going through being kans hostages is heart-wrenching at times!  Seems like we may get that soon too given the way they are juxtaposing Devki's scenes with Kansa alongside Krishna/Balram now having more open convos about the Kansa situation...so the time may come soon :)

@brown : Oh,yes, i was having the same questions since the start! Not just that, i even didn't understand, in all the scenes with kans, devki, vasudev, kans always states, that he killed devki's SEVEN children!πŸ˜• So what, tht 'womb change phenomenon' didn't take place?πŸ˜• Balram was directly, born to rohini? Also, krishna isn't actually shown as an incarnation of vishnu, though its assumed in the show, but still, its shown that he incarnated as krishna himself, but then, who was balram in GOLOK? The shesnaag relation doesn't really fit here, in my view!πŸ˜• They never even showed any backstory of balram, suddenly, he appears in episode 2!πŸ˜•

I was wondering about the same too...they haven't shown Krishna directly as an incarnation of Vishnu here even though most of us presume that based on what we know of the general mythology about Krishna...but the way they story started in Golok as if Krishna was a seperate God there did make me wonder if they are coming at the story from a different angle...which seems to be that Radha-Krishna were divine beings already living in a divine space before coming down to earth in their human forms. Usually when they show avatars, they show the original gods as the beings in heaven who then incarnate down to earth...but they did something a bit different with RK so I did find that interesting...and yes, no mention of Balram in Golok either...so if Krishna was already an incarnation of Vishnu in Golok as well, shouldn't Balram have been a companion to him there as well? 

Balram has been shown very mysteriously in the show indeed...as you said, he just happened to appear in the story suddenly once baby Krishna reached Gokul...lol so I'm wondering if they will fill in the details later or keep it vague like this only. 

@BOLD: They very conviniently took the advantage of 'balram always being in blue' MYTH!πŸ˜† Though, i love his costume, but yeah, he should defo have change of clothes!πŸ˜†At least, cost cutting shouldn't be done on PRIMARY CHARACTERS!πŸ˜†

THIS...Balram is one of the primary characters of this story IMO also and plus the actor playing him is doing such a good job too...so I do hope the makers give him more variation in his clothes...blue has many shades to work withπŸ˜†

Edited by AreYaar - 5 years ago
RadhaKrishna_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Caption : Bhai Bhai! 

They share a amazing bond offscreen as well ❀️ 

I will reply to your post very soon coz I have too much to say πŸ˜†
J2lover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RadhaKrishna_19

πŸ˜†
Caption : Bhai Bhai! 

They share a amazing bond offscreen as well ❀️ 

I will reply to your post very soon coz I have too much to say πŸ˜†

Damn, THEY LOOK 'HOT'!❀️ Am confused, whom to look at!πŸ˜† Thanks for sharing!😳 Keep sharing he offscreen stuff!πŸ˜ƒ
spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Lovely post as usual and also like all the replies on this thread:) What an entertaining episode it was.

Sumedhs portrayal of Krishna is simply wonderful, adds so much to the viewing experience. 

The level of histrionics from Krishna was hilarious. The way he goes mein ek abodh balak, to very conveniently and strategically falling on Radhas shouldersπŸ˜† and then directly to his deathbed and saying his last wishes πŸ˜† I had  same expressions as Balram:) The best part was when He says that the person who made his mom go thorugh all this will have to know what it is like to see your child in danger. Love these subtle transitions they have from extremely funny and lighter moments to this somber and more philosophical mood keeping the perfect balance. 

Krishna is my favorite God too, so have read a lot of versions already mentioned here but because of 
all different versions I really get confused πŸ˜† I had read the book called Radhavtar and always wanted to see that side of Krishna and this show has some elements from that book. I will have to read the book again to refresh it. That's the first time I read about Golok and I think the book had 7 loks and 
different deities presided over in each of them. There were so many interesting stories and I loved the way they had humanized Krishna, showing the emotional side of Him and his thoughts:) We always see his naughty side as childhood, his journey as a king and the one who sermonizes The Geeta and someone who always gets things done the way he wants. But if you look deeply he had to leave his parents and his life in Gokul, could not marry the love of his life, got cursed by Gandhari that he will be killed and the whole Yadav clan will be destroyed:(( The biggest lesson was that even when God takes a human form even  he has to go through life, suffering and death.

I have few questions though, foremost being once Krishna leaves Gokul to kill Kans he never returns and never meets Radha after that,so what will the makers show? 
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: spidie

Krishna is my favorite God too, so have read a lot of versions already mentioned here but because of 
all different versions I really get confused πŸ˜† I had read the book called Radhavtar and always wanted to see that side of Krishna and this show has some elements from that book. I will have to read the book again to refresh it. That's the first time I read about Golok and I think the book had 7 loks and 
different deities presided over in each of them. There were so many interesting stories and I loved the way they had humanized Krishna, showing the emotional side of Him and his thoughts:) We always see his naughty side as childhood, his journey as a king and the one who sermonizes The Geeta and someone who always gets things done the way he wants. But if you look deeply he had to leave his parents and his life in Gokul, could not marry the love of his life, got cursed by Gandhari that he will be killed and the whole Yadav clan will be destroyed:(( The biggest lesson was that even when God takes a human form even  he has to go through life, suffering and death.

I have few questions though, foremost being once Krishna leaves Gokul to kill Kans he never returns and never meets Radha after that,so what will the makers show? 

Oh interesting...so Golok has been referenced in some books on Krishna? You're right then, the writers may have picked it up from there. 

Ofcourse Krishna faced a lot of tragedy in his life as well, no doubt...despite being the puppetmaster maneuvering his way through so many things including the Mahabharat ultimately, he had to pay a heavy price in the course of his human form...all of his actions had consequences too which he had to face...a part of that cycle of life. 

Re: your last question...I'm also curious about the same...it may be so that the story from that point on becomes one of viraah/seperation...Radha's life continues in parallel to Krishna's and they miss each other as they go through other phases in life, even if they don't get to meet...Or they may continue to build the bulk of the show's story in this Gokul phase only because Radha has a long way to go in understanding love to begin with and that is the crux of the show's premise...most of the detailing is around the Radha-Krishna interaction...the rest of the story just serves as a backdrop for that as of now. 
spidie thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Oh interesting...so Golok has been referenced in some books on Krishna? You're right then, the writers may have picked it up from there. 

Ofcourse Krishna faced a lot of tragedy in his life as well, no doubt...despite being the puppetmaster maneuvering his way through so many things including the Mahabharat ultimately, he had to pay a heavy price in the course of his human form...all of his actions had consequences too which he had to face...a part of that cycle of life. 

@bold perefectly summed up and that's what he says in Geeta

Re: your last question...I'm also curious about the same...it may be so that the story from that point on becomes one of viraah/seperation...Radha's life continues in parallel to Krishna's and they miss each other as they go through other phases in life, even if they don't get to meet...Or they may continue to build the bulk of the show's story in this Gokul phase only because Radha has a long way to go in understanding love to begin with and that is the crux of the show's premise...most of the detailing is around the Radha-Krishna interaction...the rest of the story just serves as a backdrop for that as of now. 

The book I mentioned infact starts from that point. He is the king of Mathura, its the end of a routine day as a king and he reminisces about Radha. The whole book is essentially on Radha Krishna but it starting point is from Mathura and it goes back and forth. So maybe makers will atleast use one or two months to build up the story of Radha Krishna and then rest of the show will be based on Virah and other stories related to them. Till now they have done a wonderful job!!

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: spidie

The book I mentioned infact starts from that point. He is the king of Mathura, its the end of a routine day as a king and he reminisces about Radha. The whole book is essentially on Radha Krishna but it starting point is from Mathura and it goes back and forth. So maybe makers will atleast use one or two months to build up the story of Radha Krishna and then rest of the show will be based on Virah and other stories related to them. Till now they have done a wonderful job!!

Oh interesting...so the book was set up in a sense as a flashback then? Starting from the Mathura phase when Krishna is already king and just going back to his memories of Radha? 

Did the book also have this curse by Sridama as the backdrop? Vis a vis Radha having forgotten Krishna for 100 years? 

There is definitely a lot for the writers to play with here cuz the RK equation has a lot of material to variate with...Krishna as a character himself can drive the narrative on multiple levels...so I like the approach they've taken with the story so far...for now it seems they are more focused on keeping a generally positive folk tale vibe along with the spiritual lessons...Virah has to come at some point inevitably but let's see how the writers go with the story then...

PandavPranayini thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The Goloka version of the story comes from ISKCON or Gaudiya Vaishnavism. Personally, I don't believe in that. I believe in the general version where Vishnu is Krishna and Sesha is Balarama. The Brahma Vaivarta Purana itself isn't authentic where the Goloka concept comes from. Balarama and Krishna are Rama and Lakshmana in their previous births, Vishnu and Sesha in original forms. The show is following the Goloka version so I've no idea how they are going to show Balarama's divinity but I think other than the first episode, they are going with Krishna being Narayan's incarnation only. Today's episode and two-three recent episodes hint the same. 
spidie thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Oh interesting...so the book was set up in a sense as a flashback then? Starting from the Mathura phase when Krishna is already king and just going back to his memories of Radha? 

Did the book also have this curse by Sridama as the backdrop? Vis a vis Radha having forgotten Krishna for 100 years? 

There is definitely a lot for the writers to play with here cuz the RK equation has a lot of material to variate with...Krishna as a character himself can drive the narrative on multiple levels...so I like the approach they've taken with the story so far...for now it seems they are more focused on keeping a generally positive folk tale vibe along with the spiritual lessons...Virah has to come at some point inevitably but let's see how the writers go with the story then...

I do think it had mentioned about the curse but I don't remember it in detail, so I will re read that book. It does mention how they meet in divine form but not in physical form after he goes to Mathura, same with Yashoda too. Then there is also a story where he teaches the difference between devotion and love and how love is supreme.Krishna pretends to have a severe headache and asks for Charanraj of any women. So he (I forgot the name) goes to every woman, the patranis decline saying they would go to hell, if they give there Charanraj to their husband. He then goes and asks other women but thy all decline saying that they don't want to do the sin of giving charanraj that would be apllied on Krishnas forehead. he travels all the way to Barsana, where the gopis on hearing about Krishnas condition gives the charanraj without thinking of its repurcussions. Thus explaining the difference between how selfless Prem Bhakti is vis a vis any other form of Bhakti. Radhavtar is a beautifully written book which has to be read.

I was not able to watch the first episode as it is not available anywhere online so I don't know what exactly was shown:(

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: PandavPranayini

The Goloka version of the story comes from ISKCON or Gaudiya Vaishnavism. Personally, I don't believe in that. I believe in the general version where Vishnu is Krishna and Sesha is Balarama. The Brahma Vaivarta Purana itself isn't authentic where the Goloka concept comes from. Balarama and Krishna are Rama and Lakshmana in their previous births, Vishnu and Sesha in original forms. The show is following the Goloka version so I've no idea how they are going to show Balarama's divinity but I think other than the first episode, they are going with Krishna being Narayan's incarnation only. Today's episode and two-three recent episodes hint the same. 

Thanks for the insights about the Golok version :) Yes, even though  not implicitly stated, does seem like they are going with the idea of Krishna being Narayan's incarnation...let's see if they give any more explanations for Balram laterπŸ˜†