Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: spidie

I do think it had mentioned about the curse but I don't remember it in detail, so I will re read that book. It does mention how they meet in divine form but not in physical form after he goes to Mathura, same with Yashoda too. Then there is also a story where he teaches the difference between devotion and love and how love is supreme.Krishna pretends to have a severe headache and asks for Charanraj of any women. So he (I forgot the name) goes to every woman, the patranis decline saying they would go to hell, if they give there Charanraj to their husband. He then goes and asks other women but thy all decline saying that they don't want to do the sin of giving charanraj that would be apllied on Krishnas forehead. he travels all the way to Barsana, where the gopis on hearing about Krishnas condition gives the charanraj without thinking of its repurcussions. Thus explaining the difference between how selfless Prem Bhakti is vis a vis any other form of Bhakti. Radhavtar is a beautifully written book which has to be read.

I was not able to watch the first episode as it is not available anywhere online so I don't know what exactly was shown:(

Aww that sounds like a lovely story...I guess they did get inspired from the devotion v/s love angle then that you are describing cuz the first episode showed exactly that debate. 

It started with a great devotee of Krishna called Sridama traveling to Golok to pay respects to Krishna...he learns that one can only enter Golok by chanting "Radhe Radhe"...and he is irritated by that because he feels Radha is just a premika of Krishna, so why is she given more importance than the Lord himself? They show more scenes of how much everyone reveres R and K in Golok and worships them as a unit.  Sridama continues to be irritated seeing the importance that Radha is getting. He keeps on claiming that devotion (bhakti) is greater than love (prem), so why is Radha's love being given more importance in Golok? He keeps presuming she is misleading Krishna through "Maaya". Ultimately he tries to prove that chanting Radhe Radhe is like a curse and ppl should chant Krishna's name instead...he thinks he's won when he manages to create some doubt in the minds of the ppl by using the example of a caterpillar bursting into flames when Radhe Radhe is chanted...only much later does he learn that it actually changed form to a butterfly instead...thus signifying the power of love as a means of higher transformation. 

By then he had already cursed Radha by saying she will forget Krishna for 100 years and they will be separated. He feels remorseful about this curse once he realizes the depth of RK's love but RK accept that this was destiny and they must take a human form to teach mankind about love. 

I hope you get to watch the first episode because it was absolutely LOVELY...the actors all did such a wonderful job...in just one episode the adult Radha-Krishna convey the depth of their love so beautifully that it set a lovely backdrop for the show to move forward into it's current form. 

The first episode should be available on Hotstar btw...are you able to access that by any chance? 
Edited by AreYaar - 5 years ago
spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Aww that sounds like a lovely story...I guess they did get inspired from the devotion v/s love angle then that you are describing cuz the first episode showed exactly that debate. 

It started with a great devotee of Krishna called Sridama traveling to Golok to pay respects to Krishna...he learns that one can only enter Golok by chanting "Radhe Radhe"...and he is irritated by that because he feels Radha is just a premika of Krishna, so why is she given more importance than the Lord himself? They show more scenes of how much everyone reveres R and K in Golok and worships them as a unit.  Sridama continues to be irritated seeing the importance that Radha is getting. He keeps on claiming that devotion (bhakti) is greater than love (prem), so why is Radha's love being given more importance in Golok? He keeps presuming she is misleading Krishna through "Maaya". Ultimately he tries to prove that chanting Radhe Radhe is like a curse and ppl should chant Krishna's name instead...he thinks he's won when he manages to create some doubt in the minds of the ppl by using the example of a caterpillar bursting into flames when Radhe Radhe is chanted...only much later does he learn that it actually changed form to a butterfly instead...thus signifying the power of love as a means of higher transformation. 

By then he had already cursed Radha by saying she will forget Krishna for 100 years and they will be separated. He feels remorseful about this curse once he realizes the depth of RK's love but RK accept that this was destiny and they must take a human form to teach mankind about love. 

I hope you get to watch the first episode because it was absolutely LOVELY...the actors all did such a wonderful job...in just one episode the adult Radha-Krishna convey the depth of their love so beautifully that it set a lovely backdrop for the show to move forward into it's current form. 

The first episode should be available on Hotstar btw...are you able to access that by any chance? 

Thanks for the detailed review on the first episode. I have no access to Hotstar  and I tried looking for the link online but did not find it. I will surely watch it if I find the link. 

And I read the first 3 chapters, it mentions about Shridamas curse in golok, where he says RK will have to suffer from 100 years of separation in their human avatar.

AreYaar thumbnail

And I read the first 3 chapters, it mentions about Shridamas curse in golok, where he says RK will have to suffer from 100 years of separation in their human avatar.

Oh interesting...so the book too started with Sridama's curse, but then suddenly switched to Krishna as the King of Mathura?๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†...they only showed the Gokul parts in flashbacks? 

But it does sound the show is largely derived from that book only then as a premise. Did the book give any insight into what Golok was and why R and K lived there instead of in their usual Vishnu and Laxmi forms? 
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
This show is amazing and I am in awe of Sumedha who is playing krishna effortlessly.
The transitions in his body language and expressions arr to die for.
After a long time I am addicted to a show.
Loved your post.
Red_eyes thumbnail
Omg the bg music was so funny I enjoyed the scene so much
spidie thumbnail

FINALLY!!! I was able to see the first episode. I would have definitely missed a gem if I hadn't seen it. Its very hard to describe it in words, simply beautiful! The depth of their love, the last few minutes were they knew the inevitable is going to happen, completely moved me. Its something that you can experience but very difficult to put it in words.

The whole Bhakti V/s Prem debate was nicely done. Sridama has a lot of pride in his Bhakti marg and thinks that's the most superior form of devotion. Love here, how Radha tries to explain him, that she respects the Bhakti Marg of devotion that he has chosen, so why cant he respect the Prem marg she has chosen.

The makers, actors and everyone involved did a fantastic job of conveying the depth and purity of Radha Krishnas love. The dialogues, music, songs everything was fantastic. Also Golok looked really beautiful and ethereal. The water flowing in the opposite direction depicting Radha, how she goes against the tide and doesn't really conform to the societal norms. 
AreYaar thumbnail

FINALLY!!! I was able to see the first episode. I would have definitely missed a gem if I hadn't seen it. Its very hard to describe it in words, simply beautiful! The depth of their love, the last few minutes were they knew the inevitable is going to happen, completely moved me. Its something that you can experience but very difficult to put it in words.

The whole Bhakti V/s Prem debate was nicely done. Sridama has a lot of pride in his Bhakti marg and thinks that's the most superior form of devotion. Love here, how Radha tries to explain him, that she respects the Bhakti Marg of devotion that he has chosen, so why cant he respect the Prem marg she has chosen.

The makers, actors and everyone involved did a fantastic job of conveying the depth and purity of Radha Krishnas love. The dialogues, music, songs everything was fantastic. Also Golok looked really beautiful and ethereal. The water flowing in the opposite direction depicting Radha, how she goes against the tide and doesn't really conform to the societal norms. 

Glad you were able to finally watch the epi, Spidie :)

Re: Radha flowing against the tide...that reminds me, I loved Vrishbhaan's monologue when he named Radha too...ironic that at that point he was taking pride in how his daughter will be unique and will be the opposite of "Dhara" or "flow" that flows in whatever direction the water takes her...now he wants her to conform. 

Such a deep meaning to Radha's name really impressed me when I first watched that epi...the show has so many interesting points to make about resisting myopic soch, striving for having an independent mind, an individuality, thinking for yourself rather than just blindly conforming...atleast in the initial epis, they made these points beautifully. 

These days the pace has become much slower and repetitive but ever so often, they still drop in some wonderful thoughts. 
spidie thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Glad you were able to finally watch the epi, Spidie :)

Re: Radha flowing against the tide...that reminds me, I loved Vrishbhaan's monologue when he named Radha too...ironic that at that point he was taking pride in how his daughter will be unique and will be the opposite of "Dhara" or "flow" that flows in whatever direction the water takes her...now he wants her to conform. 

I completely forgot about that part, thanks for reminding. They really did a beautiful job of explaining the depth of Radha's name!. Vrishbhan's character has undergone a complete change๐Ÿ˜• 

Such a deep meaning to Radha's name really impressed me when I first watched that epi...the show has so many interesting points to make about resisting myopic soch, striving for having an independent mind, an individuality, thinking for yourself rather than just blindly conforming...atleast in the initial epis, they made these points beautifully. 

@ bold, the reason I love the show๐Ÿ‘ Even now when the show is in drag mode, its the Krishna Vanis and some small parts here and there that keeps my interest in the show. Hope they pick up pace and invest more time in the actual story.

These days the pace has become much slower and repetitive but ever so often, they still drop in some wonderful thoughts. 

Repetition it is, that's taking away from those wonderful thoughts that they sprinkle throughout in the show. I also think makers have not developed the other important characters at all like Krishnas friends, Sudama or Radhas friends Lalita, Vishakha, etc. They are presently more interested in these horrific CGI๐Ÿ˜† characters. It just takes away from the viewing experience.
Can they please cut it out

AreYaar thumbnail

Repetition it is, that's taking away from those wonderful thoughts that they sprinkle throughout in the show. I also think makers have not developed the other important characters at all like Krishnas friends, Sudama or Radhas friends Lalita, Vishakha, etc. They are presently more interested in these horrific CGI๐Ÿ˜† characters. It just takes away from the viewing experience.
Can they please cut it out

This๐Ÿ˜†...I swear all the super lame CGI creatures they spin up to make this seem like some kind of comic book children's series on Krishna just really leaves me๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†...they seem least interested in developing any of the supporting character interactions...it's just CGI monsters on a loop alongside Ayan/Jatila plans, Krishna-Balram smirking at Radha or talking about how she isn't getting over her fear while Radha constantly makes angry/miffed faces at Krishna๐Ÿ˜†

But I still watch cuz they have the feel good factor intact vis a vis the Krishna vaanis...

Btw is it just me or Krishna acts extra kiddish in front of Radha these days in his "Mayavi" mode? Dunno if it's the way Sumedh is playing it but I think he overdoes the childishness a bit sometimes. 
Previous
1 2 3
Krishna Thumbnail

Krishna