Oct. 24th: Super Nautanki Krishna

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
What an entertaining epi todayπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...and the star of the epi was hands down SumedhπŸ‘πŸ‘

Today he deserves a special mention for single-handedly carrying so many shades of Krishna through the epi...he's already been doing a splendid job overall in the show but today felt like another level of accomplished actingπŸ˜†

The transitions he was doing between a Krishna trying to play a weak, scared "abodh baalak"πŸ˜† and then suddenly the total change in body language to his Narayan roop of lounging around eating an apple as he casually discusses the restrictions of their human form with BalramπŸ˜†...that they must bide their time before killing Kans even though they know he has to eventually die at Krishna's hands. 

I also liked the way he got serious while talking about Jatila's part in all this...cautioning against punishment but at the same time needing to extract a price for his mother's tears...I was just amazed at how the same person was playing such a docile, meek, Krishna moments before this and then he transitioned into a more grave Krishna and you see the power emanating from his body language...then split second later he totally jumps back to nautanki mode and I was just likeπŸ˜²πŸ˜†...how did he do that? Haha he was really good todayπŸ‘

Also, LOVED Balram rolling his eyes at all of Krishna's nautanki and muttering about how Krishna pulls him along in the nautankis tooπŸ˜†

So I have a few questions cuz I'm not aware of the full mythology background here...did Balram live in Golok too? I mean they never showed him in the first epi but now suddenly he is Krishna's brother in human form...clearly he is also a divine being seeing his super strength and him knowing Krishna's truth...so what is the past connection here? Anyone care to enlighten? 

Also, why does poor Balram Bhaiyya always live in blue clothes? LOL it's been 4 weeks since the show started and everyone else (even Ayan and Jatila) got multiple costume changes while Dau bechaare is still stuck in his one pair of blue clothes...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by AreYaar - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diksha710 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
I agree the episode was outstanding. I have already watched it 4 times just to see Krishna's nautanki πŸ˜† . Coming back to your question, Balram is considered to be the avatar of Sheshnag. Hence, he was missing in the first episode. Since he resides in Ksheersagar in his divine form, his attire is blue 
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: diksha710

I agree the episode was outstanding. I have already watched it 4 times just to see Krishna's nautanki πŸ˜† . Coming back to your question, Balram is considered to be the avatar of Sheshnag. Hence, he was missing in the first episode. Since he resides in Ksheersagar in his divine form, his attire is blue 

Oh ah I see now...interesting...I've learnt something new today. Thank you! So that's why he's always in blue and like a protector figure towards Krishna. Was he also the one who shielded Krishna from the rain when his father was carrying him out of Kansa's prison?

*Edit: Ok, even if he has to stay in blue, surely they can variate his clothes a bit in different shades of blue, no? lol even Krishna has a shade of yellow in all his outfits but he gets to rotate other colors for the restπŸ˜†
Edited by AreYaar - 5 years ago
diksha710 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Oh ah I see now...interesting...I've learnt something new today. Thank you! So that's why he's always in blue and like a protector figure towards Krishna. Was he also the one who shielded Krishna from the rain when his father was carrying him out of Kansa's prison?

*Edit: Ok, even if he has to stay in blue, surely they can variate his clothes a bit in different shades of blue, no? lol even Krishna has a shade of yellow in all his outfits but he gets to rotate other colors for the restπŸ˜†

Yes, he was the one who shielded Krishna at that time. Also, if you noticed, Baby Krishna touched water with his feet. That was because Yamuna is one of the avatars of Goddess Lakshmi and he was just greeting his consort. 
sargam. thumbnail
Hey,good to see you posting here.Really like reading your posts,we have liked similar shows like DEK,JLZ,Veera.
Krishna is my favourite god,i was so happy when this show came up,its the most beautiful phase of Krishna's life though its not much known,it actually describes the epitome of love and devotion,which cant be really separated.Not only Krishna's teachings at the end but the whole show gives the direction on how actually the life should be lived.It answers many questions.They are no doubt putting a lot of love and efforts in to the show.
Krishna and Balram are Ram and Lakshman of Satyug.
Balram is elder to Krishna here,he was already in the human form when Krishna was born so not sure if the snake who prot ected Krishna is the same.
I was also concerned about them not giving Balram some different outfit .Also,Radha always wear the yellow floral jewellery,there should be some variations in that too.
Edited by sargam. - 5 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail
@Areyaar--So I have a few questions cuz I'm not aware of the full mythology background here...did Balram live in Golok too? I mean they never showed him in the first epi but now suddenly he is Krishna's brother in human form...clearly he is also a divine being seeing his super strength and him knowing Krishna's truth...so what is the past connection here? Anyone care to enlighten? 
Here I am sharing the little info I know so far regarding the relationship between Balaram and Krishna . Balram was the son of Vasudev and Rohini , [ another wife of Vasudev] So Krishna and Balaram were born to different mothers, but their father was Vasudev . In some scriptures, they say Rohini was originally a cowherd woman , a relative to Nand . Because of the threat and cruelty  of Kans , Devaki already lost her six children , she wanted to save her 7th offspring from that cruel Kans , when Balram was conceived, with the help of Yogmaya ,  his embryo was moved from Devaki's womb into the womb of Rohini,Vasudev's another wife who is staying in a  rural cowherd village at that time .Rohini was Balram's surrogate mother  They were born to separate mothers but one father. He was the incarnation of Adi Sesh , who always followed Lord Vishnu to the earth to associate him in that Incarnation. In Rama incarnation, he associated Ram as his brother Laxman. Here in Krishna Avtar , he was his elder brother, waited for him at Nandgoan [ Brindavan] and stayed there with Krishna and again followed him to Mathura as the prince of Mathura , i.e, means he belongs to Yadava clan! While Akrura inviting Balram and Krishna to Mathura , when Kans sent a word through him to bring Balram and  Krishna to kill them there , he revealed the truth , i.e , the truth behind  Krishna's birth , and the intentions of Kans and the Divine powers of Balram and Krishna! Though heartbreaking for Nand and Yashoda , they realised that Krishna was a divine kid and they have to allow him to do good to the Mathura people , to save them from the misrule of the  evil king Kans. 

J2lover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

What an entertaining epi todayπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...and the star of the epi was hands down SumedhπŸ‘πŸ‘

The transitions he was doing between a Krishna trying to play a weak, scared "abodh baalak"πŸ˜† and then suddenly the total change in body language to his Narayan roop of lounging around eating an apple as he casually discusses the restrictions of their human form with BalramπŸ˜†...that they must bide their time before killing Kans even though they know he has to eventually die at Krishna's hands. 

I also liked the way he got serious while talking about Jatila's part in all this...cautioning against punishment but at the same time needing to extract a price for his mother's tears...I was just amazed at how the same person was playing such a docile, meek, Krishna moments before this and then he transitioned into a more grave Krishna and you see the power emanating from his body language...then split second later he totally jumps back to nautanki mode and I was just likeπŸ˜²πŸ˜†...how did he do that? Haha he was really good todayπŸ‘

So i have a few questions cuz I'm not aware of the full mythology background here...did Balram live in Golok too? I mean they never showed him in the first epi but now suddenly he is Krishna's brother in human form...clearly he is also a divine being seeing his super strength and him knowing Krishna's truth...so what is the past connection here? Anyone care to enlighten? 

Also, why does poor Balram Bhaiyya always live in blue clothes? LOL it's been 4 weeks since the show started and everyone else (even Ayan and Jatila) got multiple costume changes while Dau bechaare is still stuck in his one pair of blue clothes...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

@ RED: The fangirl inside me, was jumping all around at the end of the episode!πŸ˜† It was a 'seeti maar' performance by sumedh! Those transitions were like chameleon-personified! Though, i felt bad for yashoda maiyya!πŸ˜† Poor mother, she has to put up so much with her bratty god-child!πŸ˜†

@Blue : Some dialogues he said, while on his alleged 'aankhri kshan' on bed were HILARIOUS!!!πŸ˜† The one in particular that cracked me was, 'ISHWAR JO KARTE HAI, ACCHE KE LIYE' something on those lines!πŸ˜†And also, when balram couldn't control the giggle at, kirtida's , " ISHWAR PE BHAROSA RAKHO"!🀣 I could so relate to balram's reaction that time!πŸ˜† He was like, 'Why the hell, am i even putting up with him'!πŸ˜†i was resonating with balram today , 'WHY SO MUCH OF DRAMA'!πŸ˜† I mean, potraying yourself weak and coward is one thing, but doing such nautanki, needs some serious acting chops!πŸ˜†
   Agree upon the transition part!πŸ‘ To bring that divine depth in eyes, just in some mere seconds, was commendable at sumedh's part! Am glad krishna and balram had the conversation regarding their TRUE FORMS today! It shows, they are on a mission!😎 I also wish they would talk about their real parents some day! Because, the torture they are going through being kans hostages is heart-wrenching at times! 

@brown : Oh,yes, i was having the same questions since the start! Not just that, i even didn't understand, in all the scenes with kans, devki, vasudev, kans always states, that he killed devki's SEVEN children!πŸ˜• So what, tht 'womb change phenomenon' didn't take place?πŸ˜• Balram was directly, born to rohini? Also, krishna isn't actually shown as an incarnation of vishnu, though its assumed in the show, but still, its shown that he incarnated as krishna himself, but then, who was balram in GOLOK? The shesnaag relation doesn't really fit here, in my view!πŸ˜• They never even showed any backstory of balram, suddenly, he appears in episode 2!πŸ˜•

@BOLD: They very conviniently took the advantage of 'balram always being in blue' MYTH!πŸ˜† Though, i love his costume, but yeah, he should defo have change of clothes!πŸ˜†At least, cost cutting shouldn't be done on PRIMARY CHARACTERS!πŸ˜†
Edited by J2lover - 5 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: diksha710

Yes, he was the one who shielded Krishna at that time. Also, if you noticed, Baby Krishna touched water with his feet. That was because Yamuna is one of the avatars of Goddess Lakshmi and he was just greeting his consort. 

Oh interesting...that adds more meaning to the scene :)

Speaking of baby Krishna, how ADORABLE was the casting for that...suchhh a cute baby he wasπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: sargam.

Hey,good to see you posting here.Really like reading your posts,we have liked similar shows like DEK,JLZ,Veera.

Krishna is my favourite god,i was so happy when this show came up,its the most beautiful phase of Krishna's life though its not much known,it actually describes the epitome of love and devotion,which cant be really separated.Not only Krishna's teachings at the end but the whole show gives the direction on how actually the life should be lived.It answers many questions.They are no doubt putting a lot of love and efforts in to the show.
Krishna and Balram are Ram and Lakshman of Satyug.
Balram is elder to Krishna here,he was already in the human form when Krishna was born so not sure if the snake who prot ected Krishna is the same.
I was also concerned about them not giving Balram some different outfit .Also,Radha always wear the yellow floral jewellery,there should be some variations in that too.

Hey thanks for the response, sargam :) 

Krishna is deffo one of my fav. mythological figures too...especially because he's so layered in his human form...that he can be both mischievous and still provide spiritual guidance...it's a rare combination. 

There is so much to learn from him, truly and yes the show is doing a great job of presenting his teachings. The love and effort truly shows...I hope it continues to sustain like this :) 

Thanks for the information on Balram/Krishna and their equation...I guess the writers are leaving it vague for now if Balram is really Sheshnaag or not. Either way, his equation with Krishna is lovely to watch. 

Re: Radha...I do like her in floral jewellery cuz it's a refreshing change from the gold jewellery all other mytho heroines wear...but yeah would be nice if they can variate beyond the standard yellow and pink set they have for herπŸ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

@Areyaar--So I have a few questions cuz I'm not aware of the full mythology background here...did Balram live in Golok too? I mean they never showed him in the first epi but now suddenly he is Krishna's brother in human form...clearly he is also a divine being seeing his super strength and him knowing Krishna's truth...so what is the past connection here? Anyone care to enlighten? 

Here I am sharing the little info I know so far regarding the relationship between Balaram and Krishna . Balram was the son of Vasudev and Rohini , [ another wife of Vasudev] So Krishna and Balaram were born to different mothers, but their father was Vasudev . In some scriptures, they say Rohini was originally a cowherd woman , a relative to Nand . Because of the threat and cruelty  of Kans , Devaki already lost her six children , she wanted to save her 7th offspring from that cruel Kans , when Balram was conceived, with the help of Yogmaya ,  his embryo was moved from Devaki's womb into the womb of Rohini,Vasudev's another wife who is staying in a  rural cowherd village at that time .Rohini was Balram's surrogate mother  They were born to separate mothers but one father. He was the incarnation of Adi Sesh , who always followed Lord Vishnu to the earth to associate him in that Incarnation. In Rama incarnation, he associated Ram as his brother Laxman. Here in Krishna Avtar , he was his elder brother, waited for him at Nandgoan [ Brindavan] and stayed there with Krishna and again followed him to Mathura as the prince of Mathura , i.e, means he belongs to Yadava clan! While Akrura inviting Balram and Krishna to Mathura , when Kans sent a word through him to bring Balram and  Krishna to kill them there , he revealed the truth , i.e , the truth behind  Krishna's birth , and the intentions of Kans and the Divine powers of Balram and Krishna! Though heartbreaking for Nand and Yashoda , they realised that Krishna was a divine kid and they have to allow him to do good to the Mathura people , to save them from the misrule of the  evil king Kans. 

Thanks for the info, Viswasruti :) This was a very interesting read...I wasn't aware of the details of this part of the story so this deffo provided more insight.