Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

That must have been your experience. But by the time, I was highly active on the forum since they got together for the first time, a lot of people were vocal about criticizing Dev there & Sona too for putting up with all the Ish's crap. And surprisingly, we never faced that throughout. So, you might have faced some crazy defenders there.

It was a saas-bahu drama indeed, but with very relatable content & dialogues just like shown in Pakistani shows. Almost every household could relate to it on personal note.
As for TRP, Sony shows never get them. Even EK's DHTH doesn't get that much TRP despite having a good story as compared to others & a great online rating. The rating is direct reflection of what connects with the audience in long run as far as content is concerned (which has become a huge thing now) Ye un dino ki baat is another example of the same, Beyhadh too.

As far as KZK2 is concerned, I never watched Season 1 since I was 4 when that show aired & I didn't have a cable TV until 2011. PKYEK was my first EK show (I laughed at myself for being a fan of it once I watched The Vampire Diaries & The Originals, the inspiration shows for PKYEK), only beginning was good for this show, they literally ruined it later. But I have read the plot of KZK & it seems there is hardly any change in the story even this time with the promo. It's like old story with a new cast. The chances of repeating it's original success is abysmally low as the entertainment has diversified so much with the options available to the audience (Web series, netflix, International content, Youtube, amazon & what not.) My aunts who used to watch this show have been joking about this one literally and the grand promos, statue thing.
Comments on the promos are absolutely hilarious on Youtube. EK shows no longer ignite the same excitement among the viewers now since the content is more or less same in every TV show of hers.
Edited by arshi_asya - 5 years ago
Rits3016 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: oldanurprernfan

I watched parth n I think he did gud job as bad boy. But anurag role is quite opposite. The innocence n crying scenes cezanne used to do it well.

For prerna shweta tiwari has the best dialogue delivery on tv. If u listen to her hindi it is very clear. Her transformation from a happy go lucky prerna to a strong woman who got pregnant before marriage in 2001 was big deal to show on tv n she nailed it.
Bajaj- Ronit Roy took the acting bar on tv so high. Only ram.kapoor could match him. I already feel for new bajaj guy. Ronit Roy dominated awards. He owned bajaj n he become dream.man of girls n women
😆

Kmolika- 2000s fashion trends were set by urvashi. She didn't need designers to designs choli for her. Her personality added to kmolika. The Saree became rage. The loud makeup n the strapless blouses she brought in fashion. Urvashi won 4 ita award I think n was awarded best vamp of decade. All vamps r copied from her.

Anyways I will try to.give chance to new cast though me not happy with Erica casting I will try to.open my mind as she has big shoes to fill. Shweta tiwari along with smriti n sakshi r considered as tvs most iconic actress
Hope she started improving her hindi as it's hindi tv show

Hey
I agree with whatever you have written . I have closely followed Parth and Erica in there previous shows and I am quite sure that they will pull off the characters well. Both of them are versatile and highly talented. I hope they are able to fulfill the expectations of the KZK 1 fans.
But one thing which needs to be kept in mind is that Cezzane and Parth are two separate people with different acting skills.Every actor improvises the character in his own way. Same goes for Shweta and Erica also and other characters also.
Old KZK fans will but obvious compare the characters because it was an iconic show for them but they mustn't forget that every person will add their bit to the role so more or less the character will not be the same anymore.
I have adored Parth in Kyy... not bcas he is good looking but only because he nailed it as Manik and I hope that he is able to set a new record by impressing everyone as Anurag.
Looking forward to the first episode !!
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7
I agree...standards set from the original not high but very high...new cast needs to match it...its a big task n pressure for them...but i think we should give them a chance
rs-shailu29 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Erika and parth are awesome I bet they will do good
sha_rocks thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Prerna and Erica will be compared that's  true Bec Erica is filling a shoe of such very gud actress and same goes to parth kamolika and high expectation from mr bajaj...people loved him ...I rem my mum she used to look Mr bajaj Bec ronit roy played that role in his own style ..Then wat can I say
One line defines everything 

"Originals are originals only" like old is gold...e.g we like new hindi songs but the old one are evergreen ...refreshing and has it's own charm. 

Baki ekta ke shows kaise hotey we all know islye doubt ho raha hai  but then if I think abt actors they need wrk for there career ...

rs-shailu29 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
4 ppl were main strength in kzk1 cz,swetha,ronit and urvashi.
Kzk 2 has best looking Jodi not only looks but actors are promising because there past series were awesome
We don't know who bajaj will be hope ekta brings ronit because his age will support now also

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6
Shweta Tiwari, Cezanne, Ronit Roy, Urvashi, Jennifer winget, Karanvir Bohra etc are classics. Nobody can match upto them. I m not very fond of Ekta shows, but I hv nostalgia and old memories with KZK1 which is why m going to watch the reboot. 
I have never seen Erica or Parth's shows so not sure if They wil be able to do justice but One thing I can vouch for is Though Ekta shows hv ghista pita same storyline but Casting is too good . If Ekta has casted some actor for a role,  that actor wil perfectly blend with That character. This must surety I can give for Ekta Kapoor. Her casting choice is too good and Hence I feel We shouldn't be comparing a reboot with a classic. If Erica and Party hv been chosen, m sure they will be apt for the roles.
M going to watch this as a new show, instead of comparing it to older version
reallygotme thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Honestly who can match up to acting legends like Ronit, Shweta, Rajeev, Ram,Sakshi,Varun Badola, Urvasi.Iqbal, eijaz, Pallavi,Shabir in this generation?? Cant think of many names, who can hold a flame to Ekta's seasoned actors from 2000- mid 2000 era in telly nowadays.
Since the acting stds have been relegated to Harshad, Jennifer, Barun, Sanaya, Nakul, Surbhi,Vivain,Drasthi these days, I am sure Parth-Erica would manage just fine from whatever clips I saw of them😛
Edited by reallygotme - 5 years ago
CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Now a days acting is not priority. Actor are busy promoting themselves on social media and talking with trolls. Erica can't reach shweta's standard, but that's not case with only Erica, Parth can't reach the charming level of cezanne, Hina can try all cholis and blouse but she can't reach Urvashi's level who became fashion icon without trying. None can have personality like Ronit. And reason behind it is old is gold and originals are originals. There's an attachment with originals. More importantly, this one won't enjoy the success like previous one because episodes will be available 2 hours before telecast on hotstar. There are many who don't pay for cable because everything is available on internet, and ambanis selling internet kachre ke bhav mein

More than acting, tolerance standard is high.
It'll be challanging to keep Hina( if she is part of the show) and Parth locked for 8 long years. After entry of Bajaj, komolika won't remain as relevant as she used be in beginning. Parth has no idea about kasauti. He was suprised to know Anurag married 4 times. It means he has no idea that he has to play father of grown up kids + Rotlu sperm doner.

We may get replacement and plastic surgery before expected.

Originally posted by: arshi_asya

That must have been your experience. But by the time, I was highly active on the forum since they got together for the first time, a lot of people were vocal about criticizing Dev there & Sona too for putting up with all the Ish's crap. And surprisingly, we never faced that throughout. So, you might have faced some crazy defenders there.

i did. dev fans used to attack my posts with shippers just bcoz i was against their reunion. for me sonakshi was and wil always be drormat n has no shame to unite with that guy. then a particaular member n her frnds made mod ban me when others roamed free who bashed me. 

It was a saas-bahu drama indeed, but with very relatable content & dialogues just like shown in Pakistani shows. Almost every household could relate to it on personal note.
As for TRP, Sony shows never get them. Even EK's DHTH doesn't get that much TRP despite having a good story as compared to others & a great online rating. The rating is direct reflection of what connects with the audience in long run as far as content is concerned (which has become a huge thing now) Ye un dino ki baat is another example of the same, Beyhadh too.

i dont agree with u here. tv's main audience r trp aunties. they dont use  internet n gives online ratings. channels earn their profits from satellite tv only n yes it mightve online audience but it is not a classic. we can agree to disagree😳

As far as KZK2 is concerned, I never watched Season 1 since I was 4 when that show aired & I didn't have a cable TV until 2011. PKYEK was my first EK show (I laughed at myself for being a fan of it once I watched The Vampire Diaries & The Originals, the inspiration shows for PKYEK), only beginning was good for this show, they literally ruined it later. 

it was great till sid and mathili track. after that they ruined the show. that sidharth track was amazinng . but then wlves entery and abhay becomes human they ruined it🤢

But I have read the plot of KZK & it seems there is hardly any change in the story even this time with the promo. It's like old story with a new cast. The chances of repeating it's original success is abysmally low as the entertainment has diversified so much with the options available to the audience (Web series, netflix, International content, Youtube, amazon & what not.) My aunts who used to watch this show have been joking about this one literally and the grand promos, statue thing.

agree. i was saying in 2001 showing pre martial pregnancy was huge. though kasuatii had unreal events, ateast female lead was very strong head and yes old story wont work as audience who ve grown up watching it wont accept. only teenagers who havent watched it may give a chance but it wont resut in trp

Comments on the promos are absolutely hilarious on Youtube. EK shows no longer ignite the same excitement among the viewers now since the content is more or less same in every TV show of hers.